Profile for RosiePosie > Reviews

Ice Cream / Mashed Potato Scoop
Offered by E-lant
Price: 2.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what I need it for, 23 Mar 2013
It does exactly what I need it to. I'm only using it for making cupcakes as it's easier than a spoon. It works well.

Hopeless
Hopeless

4.0 out of 5 stars Colleen Hoover's Books are ALWAYS worth reading!, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: Hopeless (Kindle Edition)
This is not an easy book to rate or review because I love Colleen Hoover & I'm a massive fan of Slammed and Point of Retreat but I'll try my best.

I liked it but I didn't love it. It just felt like there was something missing...I didn't connect with the characters emotionally as much as I thought I would, like I usually do with books like Hopeless.
Ok, so it took me a lot longer to get into this book than it did Slammed and Point of Retreat but I eventually warmed to it and then it lost me again but only briefly but it was like that throughout and that was the problem for me. The feeling you get from this book, from reading Sky's story & Holder's, is a bit overwhelming in some places. At one stage I didn't know what I was feeling or how I should feel. I was at a loss really, a little confused.

The story was a good one, I still enjoyed it and it's definitely worth reading.

Red Lory
Red Lory
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind boggling!, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Red Lory (Kindle Edition)
Ok even though this book has me feeling like I don't know what the hell I just read, I still think it deserves 5 stars. I enjoyed this story, I really did. I'm totally confused but I enjoyed it nonetheless! It's well written and I love the fact that it's given me something to think about. I've got like a billion questions because it didn't end how I thought it would and I think I'll stop now before I start babbling! Oh, and before I forget....I loved the parrot :) Highly recommended!

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress 8-Cup Double Walled Stainless Steel Cafetiere
Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress 8-Cup Double Walled Stainless Steel Cafetiere
Price: 21.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it looks like in the picture!, 14 Dec 2012
Just as a warning to anyone buying this item....it doesn't look as nice as the picture makes it look! You can actually see where the handle has been joined and the spout. You can't unscrew it to clean unless you have pliers and there is a flaw on the filter part & on the top. This is our second one as we had to send the first one back because it looked even worse!

CRASH
CRASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicole Williams Does It Again, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: CRASH (Kindle Edition)
Wow! Freakin wow! Nicole you did good! God I hope you write more contemporary books because this pretty much blew me away! It was awesome. Love Luce and Jude. The story kept me glued and the twist...well I did not expect that at all! I want more!

Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
Fifty Shades of Grey: 1/3
Price: 2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 17 July 2012
I've really been struggling to write a review for this book & not because I didn't enjoy it, it's mainly because I LOVED IT & just don't think my review will do it justice!!! I know that this story was apparently originally Twilight fan fiction but I don't know how it can possibly even be compared to Twilight. It's better, so so so much better & different!

One thing that got me was how different the relationship & the love story was compared to other books I've read. I just loved the complexity of it. I think from the beginning you could already see how these two wonderful people were going to affect & change each others lives!

There were bits that were difficult to get through, parts where I found myself wanting scream at Ana & shake her...make her see that she shouldn't be such a push over but at the same time I found myself feeling sorry for Christian...and mad at him too!

Just really awesome & worth a read.....don't listen to the negativity :-) it's an amazing book!

Expel (Celestra Series Book 6)
Expel (Celestra Series Book 6)
Price: 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Addison Moore is back & better than ever!, 17 July 2012
Addison Moore is back & better than ever! I struggled with Vex & didn't enjoy it as much as all the others but Expel was just awesome! It reminded me why I love this author so much. Entertaining does not even begin to describe this book :-) I have definitely developed a soft spot for Marshall, and Logan is growing on me again but Gage.......I didn't see that coming! This series constantly has me on the edge of my seat! Love it and all the characters that come with it :-)

Can't wait for Book 7!

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed
Price: 3.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Conflicting feelings, 17 July 2012
I don't know how I feel about this series anymore! I had mixed emotions throughout...in general I can't deny that I enjoyed it. I loved the psychological side of it. I struggled with this one more than the others. It was a bit slow, too much sex and the story didn't get better until I was half-way through.

The ending was great but some of it could've had a bit more detail. It felt a bit rushed. It was great to see Ana finally develop a backbone and the change in Christian was great. Reading the bonus bits from Christian's POV was pretty cool.

I think I might have been too generous with my reviews for the first 2 books but I'll leave them the way they are. Don't plan on reading this series again :-)

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
by Harper Lee
Price: 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story!, 17 July 2012
Why did I wait so long to read this book? What a beautiful story! I just loved Scout & her curiosity, enthusiasm & occasional skepticism. Loved all the characters but loved Scout & Atticus the most. It's hard to describe how this book & these characters made me feel. The ending made me feel all warm inside :-) poor Arhtur 'Boo' Radley. Great read!

Effortless (Thoughtless #2)
Effortless (Thoughtless #2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit like an inbetween book, 17 July 2012
I'm going to hate myself for saying this but I really didn't enjoy this book. It was very slow and hard to get into but my love for Keira and Kellan & the tiny bit of mystery thrown in kept me going till the end.

There were a fair few funny bits such as "Why is one of her friends seeing me making you look like you sucked on a lemon?" , a drunk Kellan talking to Denny on the phone which had me laughing like a crazy person, the conversation between Matt & Keira the morning after the "bathroom" thing, Anna's comment at seeing Denny was back in town and to top them all off is my favourite...Kellan coming home to surprise Keira & finding Denny there with her, "I wanted to surprise you...Are you surprised...? Because I know I am!".

I loved the development of their relationship, seeing them grow & learn from their mistakes and I loved Griffin and Anna.

Although I didn't love this book I still can't wait for the next one especially after all their maturing and the only bad things I have to say is that it was just too slow! For me personally, I feel like this was an inbetween book and I'm hoping the next one will be as awesome as Thoughtless :-) (fingers crossed)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5