Profile for A. Lucas > Reviews

Content by A. Lucas

A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Danny Dread
Danny Dread
by Ben Davis

4.0 out of 5 stars DANNY DREAD, 3 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Danny Dread (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Poor old Danny Dread. He's a young boy who comes from a long line of evil villains....but he wouldn't hurt a fly! His Dad just assumes Danny will be pure evil, so tries his hardest to teach him his wicked ways. Danny has to hide the fact that he really wants to be good! That's where the fun begin. This book is presented as a lot of children's books are now - with illustrations, different typefaces etc throughout. My 10 year old son thoroughly enjoyed this book, and could be heard giggling when reading from it. What better recommendation?

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m (3 ft) - White
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 0.9 m (3 ft) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very far from basic!, 30 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Brilliant. This cable does a perfect job, at a much more reasonable cost than an official Apple one. It's a great length, very sturdy and I'm sure will be long lasting. I love Amazon Basics items, they are always far from basic. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this. Well done, Amazon Basics.

Philips HD9305/26 Brushed Metal Kettle, 2200 W, 1.5 Litre
Philips HD9305/26 Brushed Metal Kettle, 2200 W, 1.5 Litre

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor for the price, 25 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm sorry, but I just don't like this kettle. I think it's very poor for the cost, and I really couldn't recommend it. First of all, it's small. It may be fine for someone who only wants to boil a small amount of water...but this doesn't even fill up a hot water bottle sufficiently! It seems to take ages to boil. There's no light indicator to see if it's on or off. The base is quite cheap looking black plastic. The on/off switch is really flimsy. The lid isn't particularly easy to open and shut. The list goes on!

All in all, I prefer my Asda value kettle which cost about £7 years ago, and is now serving me again very well, as the new one is back in the box.

Tefal Mastermix Blender BL800140, 1.5 L High Performance Glass Jug with 20 Speeds and Pulse Function - White
Offered by BPSALESDIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-duper blender, 18 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Tefal Mastermix Blender has very quickly become an essential piece of equipment in my kitchen. It looks really cool, it's fairly large though, and is very sturdy, held in place by suction pads underneath. It works like an absolute dream, tackling anything and everything I've thrown into it. My son loves the ice crushing facility, which I have to admit is rather amazing! I had a blender attachment on my food processor, but have never been that impressed with it. This blender is everything that one isn't. The thick glass jug is reassuringly sturdy, the blades are super sharp, there's plenty of room in the jug, and it's just so powerful. I do wonder how long the blades will stay really sharp, but I shall cross that bridge when I come to it! For now, I'm very happy....and keep finding excuses to use it.

Philips SC2005/00 Lumea IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device on Body
Philips SC2005/00 Lumea IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device on Body

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS REALLY DOES WORK!!!, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, let me say that this isn't for everyone. There are lots of skin/hair types that will exclude you from being able to use this product. So, do check this out before purchasing this expensive item.

That said, I fortunately came within the range of skin types and hair colour, so was happy to zap away! The item is beautifully boxed, in fact it seemed a shame to discard the box it was so nice. The Lumea unit itself is quite cool looking. It's rather like having a girly pink laser gun. It's sturdy enough to be regarded a high quality product, yet easy and comfortable to handle.

I decided that the best way to test the effectiveness of the Lumea was to just zap one leg, and leave the other. That way, I could really know how good the machine works. I'm really pleased to report that IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM. It's easy to use, it doesn't hurt at all, just gives a very slight tingling, which is not unpleasant at all. I was impressed that the unit won't work unless it's fully in contact with the chosen area. It's a remarkably fast process, I was surprised at just how hassle free it was.

I would highly recommend the Lumea. Yes, it's expensive, but this is a very high quality piece of kit, which is a great addition to anyone's beauty regime.

Creations Thread Wrapper Kit
Creations Thread Wrapper Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars CREATIONS THREAD WRAPPER, 29 July 2015
This review is from: Creations Thread Wrapper Kit (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In theory, this is a great toy. Wrap anything you can imagine in different coloured threads and make cool accessories. In reality, it's a frustrating waste of time and effort. Even the most patient of adult or child would want to throw it against a wall after persevering for hours to get an acceptable finish. As we are not the most patient of people, this was given up on after about an hour of trying, put back into the box and will probably end up in the loft or at a jumble sale in a few years!!!

Tefal Aquaspeed Steam Iron FV5390 - Black
Tefal Aquaspeed Steam Iron FV5390 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars TEFAL Treasure!, 13 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If it's possible to love an iron, then I love this one. It looks really trendy, not that that impresses me, but it does look kind of cool compared to other irons. I like that it has a nice, long lead. That's always a problem in my house. It is sturdy, yet not too heavy, and has a great built in 'stand' which works very well. It heats up really quickly, which I like, and has an efficient temperature control. I particularly like that this iron holds more water than the average iron. It glides over clothes beautifully, making short work of each item. Because of the powerful steam, I found that I only need to iron one side of even the thickest items, halving my ironing time (which can only be a good thing!!).

I agree with other reviewers who had problems with the instruction leaflet. It was so hopeless, it really wasn't worth including to be honest. I'm not convinced that I will remember how to do the monthly clean, which I suspect will be a problem, but then I'm always rather lazy when it comes to iron cleaning.

So, all in all, I am happy to give this iron five stars. The iron itself is superb value if you really want to get your ironing over and done with quickly and efficiently!

Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites
Mary Berry's Absolute Favourites
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE FAVOURITES, 11 July 2015
Lovely book with gorgeous pictures and super recipes. I watched the TV series and liked the look of so many of the recipes Mary cooked, I just had to get the book. Not disappointed at all. Highly recommended.

Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
Jamie's 15-Minute Meals
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 Minute Meals, 11 July 2015
Brilliant. So many lovely meals to try, with easily found ingredients and lots of variety. I have to say that Jamie's idea of 15 mins is more like 30 in the real world....with another 30 for clearing up the devastation afterwards. I like that these meals even have calorific values included. This book is most definitely one i will use over and over again.

Really COOL Colouring  Book 3: La Petite Patisserie: Volume 3 (Really COOL  Colouring Books)
Really COOL Colouring Book 3: La Petite Patisserie: Volume 3 (Really COOL Colouring Books)
by Elizabeth James

3.0 out of 5 stars Really COOL colouring Book 3, 11 July 2015
A reasonably priced colouring book, but the pictures aren't all that great to be honest. Some are cut off at the edges as if they've just been photocopied. I'd hesitate to buy more from this series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20