Profile for lg1726 > Reviews

Content by lg1726

lg1726

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MOFRED® Black & Tan Apple iPad Air (2013-2014 Version) Leather Case-MOFRED®- Executive Multi Function Leather Standby Case for Apple iPad Air with Built-in magnet for Sleep & Awake Feature
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish, yet robust., 30 July 2014
This is a great value product, it looks really very stylish and yet is robust without making the iPad overly bulky. I wanted something which would provide all-round protection and yet not end up looking like a lump! This is just perfect, the black and tan is very tasteful, the grain effect adds to the look of a more expensive item and I just love the fact that it has the sleep/wake function. It has three different angles for viewing which are easy to use and it fulfills all that is needed, while looking great at an amazing price!

120GB Internal Slim Hard Disk Drive For XBOX 360 Slim Consoles
120GB Internal Slim Hard Disk Drive For XBOX 360 Slim Consoles
Offered by ULTRA TOP-Dispatched From HongKong

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - great value, 30 July 2014
This has been a great buy - does everything it promises and has made our son a happy boy as his Xbox is now capable of running games previously not compatible!

HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow what a great piece of kit and what a joy to install!, 30 July 2014
This arrived on time, well packaged and as described. I had a previous HP printer which was getting old and creaky (literally) so we took the decision to get rid of the two stand alone printers and invest in a web based network one so we could print from desktops, laptops, tablets and phones. I run a small business from home and having reliable equipment which is easy to run and maintain is critical and this printer does the job. I can email it print jobs wherever I am and pick them up when I get back to my home office, I can work on the laptop or the ipad in any part of the house and send stuff to print and all the others in the family can also use it, from any device - superb.

However, the real star in all this was the simplicity of installation and configuration - it was sooooooo incredibly easy, no need to spend hours setting it all up, it was a doddle, so completely automatic.

A tip on replacement cartridges - It comes with starter packs of ink and I ordered high yield replacements for use when they run out. The ones I bought as part of the Amazon "buy together" deal were c£75, but there were two complete packs in the deal - even better.

Lightning Adapter Camera Connection Kit For Apple Devices | Apple Ipad Mini Cables & Docks
Offered by Deviltronics Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little gizmo, 18 July 2014
Good little gizmo, simple and straightforward to use and worked really well. Dropped a star as it is very fragile and the connection is a little precarious, but at this price something has to give. Would pay more for something a bit more robust, but nothing else available at the time of buying.

Black Infinity Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with Music Controls and Call Mic by Stuff4®
Offered by MaxRam

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect product - perfect price!, 13 Jan 2014
I bought these for our son to use with his new kindle fire hdx which he got for his birthday and this was his purchase with his birthday money. He is nine and just loves his kindle and wanted headphones to go with it and to look cool with his £25. These fitted the price restriction and they have more than met his and my expectations. They sound great, they are easy to control, he quickly got the hang of it all and the monochrome black/white version look very cool indeed.

Yes they are plastic and no they do not give the highest quality sound, but they are 20 quid and for that money they are fantastic! So far we have not had any issues with the bluetooth range for these with the kindle, but have not tried them with anything else and no need to in terms of our requirements. They very easily paired with the the kindle and our son has had no problems at all connecting to them since.

All in all these are a great buy and for the money, perform above expectations and I would wholly recommend them!

Marware Clear Screen Protector Kit for Kindle Fire HDX 7" (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 7")

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job..., 3 Jan 2014
....easy to apply, fits well and does as expected! Handy to have a spare one, just in case, as well!

Belkin Chambray Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7"  Blacktop (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 7")
Belkin Chambray Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7" Blacktop (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 7")

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use - nice fit, 3 Jan 2014
not as "funky" as the more expensive alternatives, but it does the job well, keeps the gizmo safe and is easy to use in "propped up" position for watching movies.

Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers
Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy birthday boy!, 3 Jan 2014
We bought this for our son for his ninth birthday and he absolutely loves it!

We did our homework first and chose this as a consequence of the number of highly positive reviews on various sites, including some seriously geeky ones! Almost all of the ones we read put this tablet above the ipad and rightly so! The visuals are amazing, great for games and movies and the speed is fantastic, no long download times to endure with this little gizmo! It is sleek, slick and very sexy to look at and to handle. So far we have managed to find all the apps needed and no issues with the app store and range of apps available. The sound quality for music and movies is very good - better than my ipad!

All in all this is a fantastic tablet, perfect for our requirements and more importantly, great for our very IT-literate nine year old at a fraction of the cost of the ipad! So much so that my other half now has "kindle envy". Worthy of the five stars from us and from the very many other reviewers, would highly recommend this over more expensive alternative any day!

Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar
Panasonic SC-HTB20EB-K 240w Soundbar

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, but not always as straightforward as suggested!!, 3 Jan 2014
I have a 42' Panasonic plasma screen TV, it is about 4 years old and my late mother bought it when she started to loose her sight and I "inherited" it when she died. Whilst the picture is fantastic,the sound quality just did not match it, not helped by my partial deafness! I bought this particular product because it gets rave reviews on a host of independent sites, including Which, rightly so, and also because it is a Panasonic and according to all the product information etc, easy to link to the Panasonic TVs via the Viera link facility. Ah, not so it would seem! Not all Viera enabled TVs are compatible as some older ones, including my one, do not have ARC enabled HDMI, nor does it have a digital optical output! I only found this out by calling the Panasonic helpline and being informed of this fact.

I have been able to make use of the sound bar by linking to the BT Vision box via the digital optical output source, but so far have not yet sorted out connecting the DVD player as well, but I'm sure I'll get that sorted as well. However, my plan was to connect this to the TV and then use it as intended with all other sources running through the TV, linked to this product for audio!

Despite this issue, the product itself is really very good and the sound quality superb, particularly given the price! The combination of this with HD is fantastic! The clear-mode is great for those like me who struggle to hear the dialogue sometimes, and my other half is pleased that I no longer have to keep turning up the volume!

In terms of the the quality of the product and its capabilities, it really does live up the reviews, but if your TV is over three years old, be warned and check for ARC and/or digital optical output on your TV. The lack of these does not prevent the use of the product, but you will need to find a "work around"!

Johnsons Veterinary Products 4Fleas Tablets for Cats and Kittens, Pack of 6
Johnsons Veterinary Products 4Fleas Tablets for Cats and Kittens, Pack of 6
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for us!, 28 Oct 2013
Two dogs and two cats all managed to have fleas so a trip to the local pet shop for this product, a pack for the dogs and one for the cats! Within 30 minutes all four of the four legged ones were beside themselves scratching and itching. This went on for an hour, but after that they were more settled. Says all fleas should be dead in 24 hours and if not to re-dose - one of the dogs seemed to still have some after the 24 hour time period, so we re-dosed them all, but this time only that one dog seemed to react, suggesting that the product had been effective in the others. We have now put new flea collars on the cats and frontline on the dogs, we have "bombed" the house, disposed of some bedding and washed all the others and also sprayed the furniture and the bedding areas. We have not left the elimination process to one method and/or one treatment and have used this product as part of a total elimination strategy - and it has worked and played its part!

Would I recommend it - yes, but as part of an overall programme, treat the pets, treat the bedding, treat the house - then work to prevent future infestations!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3