Profile for lg1726 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cuprinol Anti Slip Decking Stain with Pad Applicator Natural 2.5L
Cuprinol Anti Slip Decking Stain with Pad Applicator Natural 2.5L
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great! We have had decking for 12 years and ..., 10 Aug. 2015
This stuff is great!

We have had decking for 12 years and recently it has gotten pretty slippy. Each year I power clean the deck and that has helped a bit, but over time less so. We have tried other decking protective products, but the decking has still gotten slippy, until now!

This product comes with everything you will need, the pad and the handles to apply it. It's been over 2 months since I applied this and it was so easy to do, but the coverage was not as generous as stated and I did have to pop to the local B&Q and get a refill tin to use with this container and the brush and pad etc. It needed two coats, but once dry you could feel the slight roughness of the finish and even with a lot of rain and surface water, the deck has not gotten slippy. It will be interesting to see how it all fairs by next spring, but so far its living up to the claims!

eFuture(TM) Universal Professional Adjustable Durable Soft Mini Hand Grip Strap for Digital SLR Camera(Black) +eFuture's nice Keyring

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a one size fits all product, 10 Aug. 2015
Perhaps it's my camera - Sony Cybershot, but if I use this as per the photo then I can't move my index finger into position to press the shutter button. Also the piece that fits to the tripod screw obscures the cover to access the battery and the SD card meaning that it would need to be removed if you needed to change the battery or take the card out to upload photos etc.

Like I say, nothing wrong with the product as such, but not suitable for my camera, still not too pricey a mistake!

Fire Mountain Outdoor Paella Cooker and Griddle - 36cm
Fire Mountain Outdoor Paella Cooker and Griddle - 36cm
Offered by Home & Garden Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Birthday Present Purchase, 10 Aug. 2015
My son and his girlfriend gave me Amazon vouchers for me to buy a paella burner as I've wanted one for a long time, and I chose this one. It arrived well within the delivery window advised and came in three seperete parcels. It was so simple to assemble, screw the three legs onto the burner, fix the hose provided to the burner with the jubilee clip, also provided and then using the second jubilee clip slip the other end of the hose onto the regulator provided and it's ready to go! Cooking by gas!!!

We had planned to use the griddle pan on Saturday to cook tuna steaks, but sadly, just as we were about to start the heavens opened and we retreated back indoors! Yesterday was different, it was a lovely day and we invited our next door neighbours to join us for paella and we were fortunate that the weather held! The product details suggest 8 portions and we were 6 adults and 3 kids and it was ideal. We did have masses of bread and olives available as it was cooking, just to be on the safe side!

In terms of cooking with it, it will take a bit of getting used to as I could not actually see the flames so found it a bit fiddly to get the heat under the pan just right, but once I found the right setting it was great and the paella cooked really well and I'm sure the other neighbours must have been wondering about the smell. We have a pizza stone we have not used in ages, exactly the same diameter as the griddle pan, and we plan to do pizzas for our 10 year old and his friends this week using the burner.

This is a great outdoor cooker, not just for paella, the pan can and will be used to cook other recipes on it, next up will be monkfish in a catalan tomato and garlic sauce; the griddle pan can and will be used for the likes of tuna steaks, steak and all other manner of bbq-type cooking and hopefully the pizza stone will also be a success. I got rid of our BBQ the day after this arrived and I can see me using this way more than I ever did the BBQ! Here's to more outdoor cooking!

Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop 3.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One & Xbox 360

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets on with the job quietly, but needs some very simple set-up steps for Macs, 10 Aug. 2015
This is a great device, very quiet and just does the job quietly in the corner - just as you would want it do.

Does need to be configured for Macs and it would be great if the accompanying material and the product detail on the site made that clear so that users could be prepared and not taken aback. It takes about a minute to set up, its so simple and easy to do, but for some buyers, it may be off-putting and some simple instructions might be helpful and reassuring.

Bentley Bbq Premium Polyester Canvas Black Waterproof Kettle Bbq Cover
Bentley Bbq Premium Polyester Canvas Black Waterproof Kettle Bbq Cover
Offered by BuyDirect4U

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks like it will do the task, but would have benefited from insertion of drawstring!, 10 Aug. 2015
I bought this to cover my recent purchase of a paella cooker -http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IAKRWB2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00. Postage was free and it took about 3 days to arrive, as advised. It covers the cooker well, not as snug a fit as a kettle BBQ, but it was never going to be perfect. It seems good quality material, fairly heavy and looks like it will stand up to the task.

It comes with eyelet holes, but no drawstring in them! Not sure if this was missed out on mine or not, but I would have expected and appreciated the provision of a drawstring. The day it arrived I spotted one in B&Q, same size and dimensions, equivalent quality material, with a drawstring and at £12. Had that been available previously I would have purchased it, but I'll keep this one and make the effort to insert a drawstring into the eyelet holes.

Cateck® USB 3.0 Premium 4 Port Aluminum USB Hub with 11 inch Shielded Cable for iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook, Mac Mini, PCs and Laptops
Offered by Cateck Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Great once they are up and running, but not straighforward!, 10 Aug. 2015
I ordered two of these on Friday, one for my iMac and one for my partner's MacBook Pro. They arrived very promptly, on Saturday, in basic clear packing, but well protected for transit. Anyone with an iMac will know the problem accessing the usb ports and so I thought that this would make it easier and MacBooks only have 2 usb slots. Although the cable is very short, that's not a problem and the photos made it clear just how short the cable is, so no issues there.

The gizmos themselves are very stylish and look great alongside the Apple devices, very aesthetically compatible. We each have big (3T & 2T respectively) Seagate HDDs for time machine back ups which need to be plugged directly into the PC and having read the reviews, I was happy enough not to use the hubs for these. This morning I plugged my iPhone into one of the slots, but my PC informed me that I needed to plug the iPhone into a power source! However, I unplugged it and tried again and now it is charging and synching with the iMac. I tried to use it to access photos via an SD card reader and got the same message, but again I unplugged it and tried again and it worked fine!

Just now it is running my iPhone which is charging up and fully accessible, a memory stick and the SD card reader, both listed in my file finder and both fully accessible. My partner has her iPhone plugged into the hub, charging and accessible, but we did need to go through the plug, unplug, replug process to get to this point and a usb daffodil light plugged in working fine.

All in all, these gizmos look great, particularly alongside Apple devices, but are not straightforward straight out of the pack 'plug and play' - more like 'plug, unplug, replug and maybe play'. Once they do play, they are great and very unobtrusive.

Vesper Cat Furniture V-High Base, Walnut Brown
Vesper Cat Furniture V-High Base, Walnut Brown
Offered by Aquapet

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitty fun!, 3 Aug. 2015
we have just acquired three(!) kittens and while they will ultimately be outdoor cats, they need something for them to play and climb on that is not our furniture in the meantime. This is great, it is robust and yet still stylish. so many cat toys, scratch posts are pretty cheap looking and really not that robust and with three of the little darlings, we needed something that is going to withstand a lot of action and this looks like it will fit the bill.

It was easy to assemble, even if the instructions are a bit lacking in detail. However, our only slight quibble is that after only a week the little balls have come off the string, but with three kittens that does not seem too unreasonable and I think I can repair them.......................

Photoelectric Waterproof Switch With Timer
Photoelectric Waterproof Switch With Timer
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993

3.0 out of 5 stars Functions fine, but design is a bit lacking!, 25 May 2015
Works well, easy to connect, although a bit fiddly, but these things very often are. Pretty straightforward to wire and although the instructions are a wee bit of a challenge to grasp, the basic premise is all there and it took no more than a few minutes to wire our new garden lights up. The main challenge is with the settings of the timer which is housed within the unit and to make any adjustments requires you to open up the housing every time. This is quite inconvenient as it takes a bit of playing around with the settings to get them all right in the first instance, so it involves a lot of unscrewing and re-screwing off and on the casing. Then as the months change and sunset times alter, it will all have to be altered again, more inconvenience. Unlike the image shown on the site, the 'viewing panel' to the timing controls has an opaque plastic cover, which means that you can't actually see anything, so pretty useless really. All in all, this works, does as it says it will, is relatively easy to connect, but the design on the timer controls is less than desirable!

Snug Single Contour Memory Foam Pillow plus COOLMAX zipped washable cover
Snug Single Contour Memory Foam Pillow plus COOLMAX zipped washable cover
Offered by SNUG MATTRESS

4.0 out of 5 stars Helped with neck pain - with time and persistence., 21 May 2015
I have been using this pillow for 2 months now and I can honestly say that it has taken me this long to adjust to it enough to provide any sort of review of it. For me it's not been a straight out of the packet and gain an instant sense of its merits or demerits. At first I did not find it easy to adapt to; as been stated by other reviews, I found it too thin to provide the anticipated neck support and benefits from. I have osteoarthritis of my neck and both shoulders so needed support for my neck, but without compromising my shoulders and initially this caused me more pain than standard pillows. However, after persevering and trying all sorts of methods to get something to work for me I finally found a very thin, cream cracker of a pillow which I now use under this memory foam one, just to raise the contoured area to a height that fits into my shoulder/neck area. Since finding this solution I can honestly say that this pillow is now delivering the benefits I was seeking. It has not been a miracle solution in that I still have neck and shoulder pain on wakening, but this has improved and it certainly has not caused any added problems.

It's perfect for fitting into standard pillowcases and so does not look different and out of place on the bed. However, the only down side, now that I have the contour positioning right, is that the pillow can get quite hot in the night. That and you can't turn it over to get that lovely refreshing cool side on a hot night!

KNIGHTSBRIDGE Cream Leather Office Chair (Leather-faced) Oak Arms and Base
KNIGHTSBRIDGE Cream Leather Office Chair (Leather-faced) Oak Arms and Base
Offered by Office Needs

5.0 out of 5 stars Only now am I looking to replace it and am absolutely delighted to see that this is still available and have ..., 28 April 2015
Wow, I bought one of these 8 years ago and am sitting on it now writing this. Only now am I looking to replace it and am absolutely delighted to see that this is still available and have just ordered one to replace this one. I've been forced to replace it as the leather has sadly worn and eventually dissolved in two patches on the seat and on the very front edge in two place - buttocks and thighs! However, I have sat on this chair almost every working day and some very long days for almost exactly 8 years (business start up date 14 May 2007) and have been comfortable, well supported and very satisfied with the chair, so much so I have ordered another one to replace it - what more can i say to recommend it!?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5