Profile for Bagpuss > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
This Is All Yours [Explicit]
This Is All Yours [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb second album., 22 Sept. 2014
It is a hard task to follow up a debut album like their's but with This Is All Yours they have crafted an album that continues to progress their unique sound.

I was expecting the album to revolve around their singles but there are many other high points - Warm Foothils, for one, is a real treat.

El Pintor
El Pintor

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a vengence, 8 Sept. 2014
This review is from: El Pintor (Audio CD)
I have been waiting for this album with eager anticipation. A band with an unmistakable sound which many imitators have tried to replicate but, in my opinion, have not come close to matching.

One of their strengths is producing music that evolves with every listen, from their excellent debut album Turn on the Bright Lights, through to the much underrated Our Love to Admire.The Interpol album (2010) was a blip in an otherwise sterling back catalogue. With the departure of Carols Dengler, I worried that this might have been the beginning of the end, however El Pintor proves my concerns were unfounded.

The album starts strongly with All the Rage Back Home and this carries on through the album with the tracks My Desire and Same Town, New Story standing out, for me.

A definite welcome return.

Giant Blob Tree Poster: A No Word Tool to Aid Communication (Blobs)
Giant Blob Tree Poster: A No Word Tool to Aid Communication (Blobs)
by Ian Long
Edition: Poster

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous classroom resource, 28 Sept. 2013
I have used the Blob tree for a while now with my primary school classes. The children are absorbed by the different characters and their possible representations.

I use this a means for the children to share how they are feeling. Being a good A1 size it is big enough for the children to put name labels on the Blob they associate themselves with at that moment. I cannot see a time when I am teaching in KS2 and I don't have this on the wall.

M-EDGE Trip Jacket Case for Kindle 4/Kindle Touch/Kobo Touch - Navy Blue/Red
M-EDGE Trip Jacket Case for Kindle 4/Kindle Touch/Kobo Touch - Navy Blue/Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cover for your Kindle., 28 Sept. 2013
I have recently had to upgrade to the 2012 Paperwhite Kindle and I saw this was available at a very good price. I originally had this identical style cover for my old 3rd Gen Kindle with the keypad and after a bit of searching I found this was available for the Kindle touch I took a chance on it being compatible and bought it.

As confirmed in another review it fits the Paperwhite just fine, in fact the packaging has been updated to list it being for the Paperwhite. The material is the same as my old cover, padded fabric on the outside with a soft cream inner. The Kindle fits snugly (first time fitting it was quite tight but it just the leather corner straps needing to be stretched for the first time.

Overall I am very happy with this especially as it cost a fraction of the price of all the other covers I looked at.

Urban Armor Gear UAG Navigator Composite Case Bumper Shell for HTC One M7 with Abacus24-7 NFC Tag - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Secure, 28 Sept. 2013
I was keen to get a case that kept my new HTC One phone safe, but also give it a bit of substance. This cover gives a snug fit whilst maintaining good control over the power and volume buttons around the edge.

It has a nice bevelled front, around the edge, which means if you place the phone face down the screen is kept from touching a flat surface. The camera lens is well protected too.

Having a contoured finish helps prevent slippage although the finish is still quite smooth and the reason I have not given it a 5 out of 5.

Whilst the design may not appeal to everyone, I like this case. It offers good protection and feels solid. Perhaps a little expensive though.

The Draft: This is the diary of Jemima Elizabeth Layzell
The Draft: This is the diary of Jemima Elizabeth Layzell
by Jemima Elizabeth Layzell

5.0 out of 5 stars A poignant and touching book, 2 Jun. 2013
It is a rare privilege to garner the insight of youth and this book is a humbling reminder to us all that adults can learn so much from the opinions, hopes and fears of children. I am grateful for the opportunity to have read this book.

This is a poignant and touching book from a thoughtful and talented girl who must be missed very much by family and friends.

Essentials ICT (RS Essentials)
Essentials ICT (RS Essentials)
by Ian Addison

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable resource, 20 Feb. 2013
ICT books will often become outdated as technology moves forward, however this is an excellent addition to any primary school teachers ICT armoury and will prove valuable for some time to come. This book helps shed light on a variety of superb online resources and ideas for ICT teaching.

Find Out About Victorian Britain: 48 Differentiated Key Stage 2 Non-fiction Texts with Questions
by Peter Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compliment to KS2 Victorian unit, 4 Feb. 2012
I wanted my class to improve their reading comprehension and this has given them the opportunity to do so whilst linking it to our history unit on Victorian Britain. The texts are very well differentiated for a broad mix of levels. I have used this as an activity for my class during PPA and it compliments my History lessons excellently.

The If Machine: Philosophical Enquiry in the Classroom
The If Machine: Philosophical Enquiry in the Classroom
by Peter Worley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource for developing independent thinking, 4 Feb. 2012
I bought this for my Year 5 class and I have to say it has proved a worthy purchase. The philosophical questions are though provoking and grasp the children's imagination. I wanted this book to aid me show my class there is often not a right/wrong answer as well as help develop independent thinking. After the first lesson it is clear it will do this and more. Great resource for KS2.

A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)
A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Gamble, 8 Jan. 2012
First I should acknowledge I have thoroughly enjoyed the previous 3 books and, in my mind, book 4 is not bad. However, it has left me feeling somewhat flat. I don't mind the introduction of new characters or development of minor players, in fact it is the size of the cast and the enormity of the world that is part of the appeal. I just feel that leaving out so many major characters for a whole book is a risk. This seems more a preamble for for future books rather than an important addition to an otherwise superb series. I accept there are significant moments for some of the familiar faces and their storyline promises much but doesn't quite deliver, leaving you with the feeling nothing much really happened.

Of course it is unfair to judge without reading the series in it's entirety. One of the things I love about these books is the way Martin manages to weave innocuous details into major events and devilish sub-plots, it is just this books seems to be a collection of the former.

Page: 1 | 2