Profile for Alan W. Barrow > Reviews

Who Switched Off My Brain?: Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions
Who Switched Off My Brain?: Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions
by Caroline Leaf

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Aug. 2015
Not quite what my wife expected.

Hong Kong InsideOut
Hong Kong InsideOut
by Kate Poulsson

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Hong Kong InsideOut (Hardcover)
I wanted a\ single copy of this book but received two! Was this my error or yours?

Macushield Capsules - (Pack of 90)
Macushield Capsules - (Pack of 90)
Offered by WSPharma

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommendation from my optician, 22 Mar. 2014
At the recommendation of my optician I bought my first box of MacuShield from him at what I thought was a high price. When I found the same things on the internet I ordered from Amazon - and was completely satisfied with the product. Hopefully it will stop the advance of macular degeneration to some extent.

The God Who Won't Let Go
The God Who Won't Let Go
by Peter G. Van Breemen

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 16 Feb. 2013
This book was recommended to us - in fact, a friend loaned a copy to my wife, and as it was so helpful she wanted a copy of her own. Ideal for daily meditation, and full of helpful thoughts.

Dancing At Lughnasa (1998) [DVD]
Dancing At Lughnasa (1998) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pat O'Connor

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb and much-loved film, 19 Dec. 2012
We viewed this DVD some months ago and enjoyed it very much. We know that those who love films of this sort will be enthralled by it, as we were.

Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937]
Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937]
Dvd ~ Fred Astaire
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for our granddaughter!, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937] (DVD)
Our 10-year-old granddaughter loves the dancing of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, so we bought this for her. We are sure that the DVD will be played over and over again.

Various: Sacred Music in the Renaissance Vol. 3 (Si Bona Suscepimus/ Magnificat/ Salve Regina/ Stabat Iuxta)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, I hope!, 19 Dec. 2012
This will again be a gift for my wife at Christmas. I await her reaction to it, but I sincerely hope that she will be 'over the moon' when she opens her parcel. It seems just right for someone who loves sacred music.

Taverner & Tudor Music, Vol 1
Taverner & Tudor Music, Vol 1

5.0 out of 5 stars A present yet to be given, 19 Dec. 2012
I ordered this for my wife as a Christmas present. I expect it to be received with pleasure come Christmas Day. She loves devotional and sacred music, so I feel I have selected something that she will like.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for the cook in our house (my wife!), 19 Dec. 2012
We were delighted to receive this book, which arrived promptly and in very good condition. With vegetarian family members joining us for Christmas, the recipes will be put to good use in our home.

Christmas at Downton Abbey (2011) [DVD]
Christmas at Downton Abbey (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Downton Abbey DVD, 17 April 2012
We had previously seen 'Christmas at Downton Abbey' on TV and sent our son's family in West Yorkshire the DVDs of the whole series. We wanted them to see the linking programme first seen at Christmas so ordered the DVD to be sent direct to them. They appreciated the DVD very much and - with us - look forward to the continuing series. Our 15-year-old granddaughter especially liked watching it with her father.

Page: 1 | 2