Profile for Alan W. Barrow > Reviews

MacuShield (90 Capsules)
MacuShield (90 Capsules)
Price: 32.20

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommendation from my optician, 22 Mar 2014
At the recommendation of my optician I bought my first box of MacuShield from him at what I thought was a high price. When I found the same things on the internet I ordered from Amazon - and was completely satisfied with the product. Hopefully it will stop the advance of macular degeneration to some extent.

The God Who Won't Let Go
The God Who Won't Let Go
by Peter G. Van Breemen
Price: 8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 16 Feb 2013
This book was recommended to us - in fact, a friend loaned a copy to my wife, and as it was so helpful she wanted a copy of her own. Ideal for daily meditation, and full of helpful thoughts.

Dancing At Lughnasa (1998) [DVD]
Dancing At Lughnasa (1998) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pat O'Connor
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb and much-loved film, 19 Dec 2012
We viewed this DVD some months ago and enjoyed it very much. We know that those who love films of this sort will be enthralled by it, as we were.

Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937]
Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937]
Dvd ~ Fred Astaire
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great gift for our granddaughter!, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Shall We Dance [DVD] [1937] (DVD)
Our 10-year-old granddaughter loves the dancing of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, so we bought this for her. We are sure that the DVD will be played over and over again.

Various: Sacred Music in the Renaissance Vol. 3 (Si Bona Suscepimus/ Magnificat/ Salve Regina/ Stabat Iuxta)
Price: 19.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, I hope!, 19 Dec 2012
This will again be a gift for my wife at Christmas. I await her reaction to it, but I sincerely hope that she will be 'over the moon' when she opens her parcel. It seems just right for someone who loves sacred music.

Taverner & Tudor Music, Vol 1
Taverner & Tudor Music, Vol 1
Price: 14.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A present yet to be given, 19 Dec 2012
I ordered this for my wife as a Christmas present. I expect it to be received with pleasure come Christmas Day. She loves devotional and sacred music, so I feel I have selected something that she will like.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for the cook in our house (my wife!), 19 Dec 2012
We were delighted to receive this book, which arrived promptly and in very good condition. With vegetarian family members joining us for Christmas, the recipes will be put to good use in our home.

Christmas at Downton Abbey (2011) [DVD]
Christmas at Downton Abbey (2011) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Bonneville
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Downton Abbey DVD, 17 April 2012
We had previously seen 'Christmas at Downton Abbey' on TV and sent our son's family in West Yorkshire the DVDs of the whole series. We wanted them to see the linking programme first seen at Christmas so ordered the DVD to be sent direct to them. They appreciated the DVD very much and - with us - look forward to the continuing series. Our 15-year-old granddaughter especially liked watching it with her father.

Study Skills for Psychology Students: A Practical Guide
Study Skills for Psychology Students: A Practical Guide
by Sylvie C. Collins
Price: 18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Psychology book reviews, 1 Nov 2011
This book, alongside others ordered at the same time, were for our granddaughter who is studying psychology locally at university. I am therefore not in a position to comment on the content or relevance of this book.

Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale
Chasing Francis: A Pilgrim's Tale
by Ian Morgan Cron

5.0 out of 5 stars Chasing Francis, 11 July 2011
Excellent! An inspiring book - a book to be read and re-read. I would recommend it to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2