Profile for LK > Reviews

LK

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Petlife Oxbow Bunny Basics 15/23 Complete Feed for Juvenile Rabbit, 4.5 Kg
Petlife Oxbow Bunny Basics 15/23 Complete Feed for Juvenile Rabbit, 4.5 Kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Very healthy for young rabbits, but not good enough for Socks apparently!, 11 Mar. 2015
I've read up a lot about what is the best food for rabbits and this is right up there as being one of the best for rabbits, with just about the right amount of everything needed. Alfalfa in this which is great for young rabbits (but not so good for adults). However, Mr Socks snubbed these as they were not to his standard!! No matter how much we tried, he was begging for food at one point (although he had hay all around him) and when we offered an oxbow pellet he refused it still. So, back to the old less healthy ones we went, then we tried excel which is almost as healthy as Oxbow and he seems to be eating them once all his favourite ones are gone... So these are great if you can get your rabbit to eat them which it looks like lots of less fussy rabbits do. It might be worth getting hold of the company and asking for a small amount of testers to see how your rabbit reacts to them before buying a big pack.

(Armitage Pet Care) Kitten Litter Tray
(Armitage Pet Care) Kitten Litter Tray
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but would have liked a blue one, 26 Feb. 2015
I'm using this for my bunny socks who is only 8 weeks old. The litter tray is very big though and i'm sure there is plenty of space for a cat also. Does the job. Only quibble is that you don't actually get the colour you chose... so why give the option....I chose blue but got red, I can't think of a more opposite colour...

Grass bed for rabbits, Large: 33 × 12 × 26 cm
Grass bed for rabbits, Large: 33 × 12 × 26 cm
Offered by Merlins Pet Stores Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Memoirs from Socks the Rabbit, 24 Feb. 2015
I love this, this is now my favourite toy! I love nibbling on this and destroying it so it makes lots of mess for mum and dad to clean up. Sometimes nibbling it just isn't messy enough so I tear it up with my nails to for that little extra bit! I doubt I will be using it as bed although it is certainly large enough for a bunny like me, I'm much more comfy sprawled out on the floor on my favourite fleece blanket!! Thank you for your time. Socks the bunnyx

RAYWARE LT Mason Cash Blue Lined Rabbit Bowl 5"
RAYWARE LT Mason Cash Blue Lined Rabbit Bowl 5"
Offered by ZigZag trading ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well and is heavy so the rabbit can't ..., 23 Feb. 2015
Works very well and is heavy so the rabbit can't flip it over or move it. Does what it says on the tin!

Ladies Super Soft Warm Fine Knit Thermal Fingerless Winter Gloves (Black)
Ladies Super Soft Warm Fine Knit Thermal Fingerless Winter Gloves (Black)
Offered by Happy Sunny Days

4.0 out of 5 stars Only used in the office as i have bad blood circulation and my hands gets cold but i ..., 4 Feb. 2015
Only used in the office as i have bad blood circulation and my hands gets cold but i still need to type. These do the job nicely. No idea how strong they are when out and about used outside...

The Fourth Kind [DVD] (2009)
The Fourth Kind [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Milla Jovovich
Offered by streetsahead

3.0 out of 5 stars The Documentary Kind, 10 April 2010
This review is from: The Fourth Kind [DVD] (2009) (DVD)
Had the footage have actually been real, it would have been extremely chilling. However upon research I have found that both the footage and the characters have absolutely no proof of authenticy. After these findings I was even less impressed with the film.

The film often splits into two sections, one side playing the 'original footage' and the other - the remake. I have never seen this before in a film so at least they have tried something new, however this film becomes more a documentary due to this and as it also switches between the story line and interviews mid-film. Again although sometimes this can be annoying it is still watchable and original.

The characters in this film weren't particularly likeable, and although the story did interest me, it seemed like they only had a short story to cover the entire film length and it dragged a bit, resorting to interviews mid-film to prolong the story line. Rather than showing both, original and remake of some of the more disturbing scenes I feel they should have kept to the 'original', as the viewers would probably be more interested in deciphering the original to study their views on it's authenticy, and by cutting it in size this makes that more difficult (convinient for the producers).

Some points to think aboout:

-They stated at the beginning of the film that they changed some of the names for their privacy, however they then showed 'footage' of them so their identity is known anyway.

-The 'footage' they have shown would have been on the news world wide, had it have been authentic.

As you can imagine there is not much action, just a lot of drama, however Paranormal Activity managed to pull off a much more chilling and atmospheric film with just as little action, the difference being I was kept fully entertained with Paranormal Activity and left very jumpy and nervous! I watched both films thinking it was based on found footage, and researched both after viewing. Both were fiction however I still feel more likely to get possesed than abducted!

Conclusion, don't bother watching this, watch Paranormal Actitivy instead! Or for a decent alien film watch Signs. (Would mark this as 2.5 stars if I could)
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 8, 2010 7:51 AM BST

Paranormal Activity [DVD]
Paranormal Activity [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katie Featherston
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Must watch for horror fans, 3 April 2010
This review is from: Paranormal Activity [DVD] (DVD)
After hearing all the hype and seeing the OTT shocked audience type adverts for this film, I sat down to watch it on DVD with VERY high expectations, and much to my suprise, it did not disappoint...

Basic story line - girl has had paranormal activity happening around her since she was 8. She has now grown up and moved in with her boyfriend who is new to the activity and either doesn't believe it or certainly doesn't seem scared by it. He decides to begin filming the couple mostly at night as this seems to be the most frequent time of activity (entire film is filmed with hand held camera). As they sleep we begin to see at first very small strange events which lead up, slowly becoming more and more substantial. Each day the boyfriend watches the footage and they observe either things they didn't notice during the night or study closer the things they did notice.

There isn't much gore or action in this film, it is just extremely chilling and so believable, that after watching, you'll be forever wondering what that noise or shadow is in the night. The film implies that it is based on a true story, although it isn't I'm sure similar events have occured and it is based on the Directors research and passion for the subject. The director used the no scripts or warnings for the actors method for much of the film, which adds to the believability. This is best watched alone in the dark before going to bed for best/worst effect.

There is an ending to this film, a final event, which although startling at one point I feel possibly ruins the film as it is up until that point VERY believable. However, there is an alternative ending on this DVD which could potentially correct this fault, which I am saving for a later date.

For those of you who wish to have a good night sleep and believe in the paranormal, I would suggest giving this film a miss as nightmares between a very restless night sleep will probably be on the cards!

Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme Sheer Bare # 6690-40
Sally Hansen Lip Inflation Extreme Sheer Bare # 6690-40

4.0 out of 5 stars A lip plumping gloss that actually works!, 17 Oct. 2008
Wow! Other lip plumping gloss' I have tried have only tingled my lips and I couldn't actually see any difference. I put this lip gloss on and after not feeling any tingling at all I expected nothing at all to happen. However about half an hour later I happened to catch a glance and noticed straight away the difference. Visibly thicker lips after first use, it also lasts for a long time, lips appear thicker after one use throughout the whole day. Once the gloss has worn off it leaves your lips feeling soft and moist and a healthy looking colour.
I will be buying this again!!

Diary Of The Dead - Single Disc Edition [DVD]
Diary Of The Dead - Single Disc Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Joshua Close
Offered by filmrollen

1.0 out of 5 stars Rant-athon, 28 July 2008
I simply had to write a review on this film to spare anyone else the 91 mins of suffering it caused me. No one should have to go through that!!

A combination of terrible acting, bad sequenced ...(i wouldn't call them 'fight' scenes).... action scenes, no real story line and a lack of decent characters make this on par with the wrong turn 2 as being possibly the worst film i have EVER seen. This is even way worse than Land of the Dead.

The zombies are about as threatening as an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping! They make the zombies from Shaun of the dead look like ex ninja military trained undead. And between the two if I wasn't told I'd have difficuly chosing which one was meant to be the serious one!! This film really is THAT bad.

Story line - bunch of teenage kids (theres a suprise) carrying a hand held camera trying to live through the unexplained breakout of zombies. The effect of a hand-held camera is lost anyway as it keeps fliping to other shots and cameras used, so they may aswell just have kept it as normal third person viewing! Some of the zombies are quick witted and jump out, and some just sort of shuffle really slowly. A scene in the forest where a girl is getting chased and the guy is just watching, filming it springs to mind.

Again the characters are all iritating, the woman who is complaining about the filming the whole way through, the thick blonde one who does this pathetic fall in the woods and sort of waits a few seconds before getting up and running away again, the REALLY annoying British guy who comes out with the stupidest comments (and hes supposed to be a professor)- why do americans always make the English look like posh idiots?? the list is endless. A cheesy scene where a guy says 'you remind me of me' did make me laugh for quite some time. Even the characters who were in this for a few minutes were just ridiculous.

This seriously can't have scared anyone, can it???

If your still not convinced read the review from Atomic Rooster "electricwizard", he seems to have covered the majority of the bad points from this ........ 'film'

If its a zombie film you are after choose ANYTHING else, Dawn of the Dead maybe, 28 days later, Resident Evil is a good choice ... please just avoid this at all costs!

10,000 BC [DVD] [2008]
10,000 BC [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Steven Strait
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as people are making out, 28 July 2008
This review is from: 10,000 BC [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Perhaps it was because I had just watched one of the worst films from recent times (diary of the dead) and in comparison this was a masterpiece, but I found 10'000 BC highly enjoyable and came away happy with my buy. I can understand where the other reviews are coming from though as there were parts of this film which did irritate me, the psychotic man-eating Ostriches being one of them!

The main character is basically on a hunt to find his girlfriend and his tribe who have been captured by the 'four legged demons'. Only they have no idea where the 'four legged demons' reside and are unsure if the horses the 'four legged demons' have, can .... erm ... fly. So him and a few others that were left from the tribe head off travelling through mountains, forests and deserts bumping into the occasional prehistoric creatures and other tribes on the way.

Although there are a few far fetched scenes or situations in this film, the main storyline is still very good and believable and with some good acting from the MAIN characters. The last hour was probably much more entertaining once the prehistoric animals had stopped making appearances and the film could be taken a lot more seriously.

The main character is very likeable and some good acting from him, but some of the acting from the other characters like his girlfriend and few others while they are being whipped is bismal! Saying that they are supposed to be tough cavemen so maybe this was done partially intentionally.

Over all a really good film but I agree that with better special effects, some better acting and a choice of anything else except killer Osteriches would have made this exceptional.

Can't fault the action though, a lot of action in this and I didn't find this at all boring so I'm not sure where the other reviews got that from. I would recommend this as a good family film and not expected to be particularly strong or graphic like the BRILLIANT Apocalypto. If you like the idea though it's still definetly worth a watch as I did find it enjoyable to watch.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3