Profile for GOG > Reviews

Content by GOG

GOG "Grumpy" (Milton Keynes, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nostalgia
Nostalgia

5.0 out of 5 stars Some great standards on here by the likes of Hoagy Carmichael, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Nostalgia (Audio CD)
Had this album for Christmas and cannot stop playing it. Some great standards on here by the likes of Hoagy Carmichael, George Gershwin and Duke Ellington, which suit Annie's voice to perfection. The arrangements are just enough to bring the numbers into the 21st. century without ruining them and the production values are superb. This is the album I have been waiting for Annie Lennox to make and I hope there is a volume two in the offing. Proof, if proof were needed, that Annie Lennox is a class act.

Ikon Al Capone Black And White All Leather Brouges (10)
Ikon Al Capone Black And White All Leather Brouges (10)
Offered by mazeys mod clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 16 Sept. 2014
I bought these to wear at a vintage music festival.. I wore them all day and they were perfectly comfortable; I even danced in them. They really look the business. I love them and probably won't just wear them to vintage do's

Bracketron Nav-Pack II Travel Case/Dash Mount -Ballistic Nylon
Bracketron Nav-Pack II Travel Case/Dash Mount -Ballistic Nylon

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - NOT suitable for ALL sat navs, 16 Sept. 2014
The blurb says this is suitable for most types of sat nav, but this is not true. I ordered it for my Tom Tom and it is not suitable at all. Be aware that it is only suitable for flat backed sat navs and not those with suckers attached. I think this should be made clearer in the description.

Mad Dogs - Series 3
Mad Dogs - Series 3
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Still better than a lot of TV series around, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Mad Dogs - Series 3 (DVD)
Agree with the comments about it not being quite as good as the previous two series, but my wife and I loved it nonetheless and watched all four episodes back to back. It's worth watching for the quality of the acting and the rapport between the four main actors. It may not have had the impact f the first two series, but I love the quirkiness of it and the black humour.

The Informer
The Informer

5.0 out of 5 stars Up to the usual standard, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Informer (Audio CD)
I have lots of Jools Holland albums in my collection and this is up to the standard we have come to expect. There are some brilliant vocals from the ever dependable Ruby Turner. On the downside there are two tracks on which band member Rico Rodriguez sings, and I use the term loosely as he is truly awful. Please don't let him sing on your albums any more Jools.

Maroc 7 [DVD] [1966]
Maroc 7 [DVD] [1966]
Dvd ~ Gene Barry

3.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic cinema trip, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Maroc 7 [DVD] [1966] (DVD)
I remember seeing this at the cinema and thought it would be fun to see it again. So it was, but it is interesting that films from this era that we remember as fast paced seem quite pedestrian by modern standards. The plot is as thin as consommé and Gene Barry is basically reprising the character from his hit TV series "Burke's Law", but under another name. Denholm Elliott turns in a decent enough performance, as you would expect, but Leslie Phillips does not make a very convincing villain, or photographer for that matter.And what Cyd Charisse is doing in this is anyone's guess. But the locations look lovely as do the models in their "swinging sixties" clothes and it is a diverting 90 minutes or so.

Italian Oboe Concertos
Italian Oboe Concertos
Offered by Naxos Direct UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Italian Oboe Concertos (Audio CD)
I took a chance ordering this as I love the oboe and I am so glad I did. Simply beautiful music beautifully played. I loved it immediately and, after listening to it once, immediately played it again. If you have had a bad day sit down with a glass of wine, or get into a warm bath, and put this on. If this doesn't relax you then nothing will.

STUNNING BLACK LEATHERETTE PENDANT BOX WITH VELVET INSERT & GOLD TRIM
STUNNING BLACK LEATHERETTE PENDANT BOX WITH VELVET INSERT & GOLD TRIM
Offered by Box Displays

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives a lovely finishing touch, 21 April 2014
I bought a pendant for my wife, which although not cheap arrived in a plastic bag. Not what I was expecting. So, I bought this box an it set the pendant off beautifully and made it into a really special gift.

Big Mouth Toys Retirement Countdown Timer
Big Mouth Toys Retirement Countdown Timer
Offered by Toy Zany

4.0 out of 5 stars Good with drawbacks, 21 April 2014
Like other people, I found it really difficult to get the batteries in, a real design fault there. Once it was working though it was brilliant. I have it on my desk at work and when anyone wants something doing I just point out how many days they have left to ask me things.I have 327 days to go by the way!

8 Classics
8 Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Good mood' music, 16 April 2014
This review is from: 8 Classics (Audio CD)
This set is exceptionally good value for money. It does what it says on the box - 8 great albums. There is a mixture of lovely mellow vibe ballads together with some lively latin rhythms. Guaranteed to put you in a good mood. Great for parties or for putting your feet up with a glass of wine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3