Profile for J E > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Wordament®
Wordament®

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on the desktop version., 30 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Wordament® (App)
I have been playing this game for some time on my desktop computer and really like it so I thought it would be good to have this version on my Kindle Fire. However, although the actual word search screen looks and works ok, the next two screens which should show the found words and the player rankings are usually rubbish with half of the text missing. Removing and reinstalling sometimes gives a temporary cure but after a couple of games it reverts to just showing scribble again so I shall just have to stick to playing the desktop version. Very disappointing, just glad it was free so I didn't waste any money buying it.

The Days and Months We Were First Born- The Post-New York Edition
The Days and Months We Were First Born- The Post-New York Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars This book was good (as was the first one the series) but I ..., 6 July 2015
This book was good (as was the first one the series) but I read it thinking there was more to come. However, Book 3 - The Journey - turned out to be just a repeat of the second half of this one which was a major disappointment! So my advice is - read this one and enjoy it but then STOP.

The Days and Months We Were First  Born- The Journey (The Days and Months We Were First Born Book 3)
The Days and Months We Were First Born- The Journey (The Days and Months We Were First Born Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't take the same Journey twice, 30 Jun. 2015
I really enjoyed The Unravelling (the first book in this series) so I then ordered Book II and Book III at the same time. The Post New York Edition (Book II) was even better so I started to read this one straight afterwards as I was keen to see what would happen next. However, I was bitterly disappointed to discover that nothing happens because The Journey (Book III) is not new material but just repeats the second half of Book II. So, I'd been on that journey already and it also means I've wasted £1.48 of course!

Flickr
Flickr

5.0 out of 5 stars This android version installed quickly and easily on my Kindle Fire with no problems so far, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Flickr (App)
I recently started using Flickr on my desktop computer to share pictures after going on holiday with a group of friends. This android version installed quickly and easily on my Kindle Fire with no problems so far. It lets me access all the same pictures when I'm out and about (subject to Wi-Fi availability of course) - brilliant, I love it!

Eye Tricks
Eye Tricks

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a good job this only cost a few 'coins' - I ..., 1 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Eye Tricks (App)
Quite disappointing. Only about half of the designs have any explanations about what they are supposed to do and a lot of them don't appear to do anything. There is no list/navigation to help find particular things quickly and the normal Kindle side swipe page turn doesn't work so you can only move (slowly) to the next or previous page using tiny green arrows at the top of the page. It's a good job this only cost a few 'coins' - I wouldn't have liked to spend real money on it.

The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Series Book 2)
The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millennium Series Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Complicated, 10 May 2014
I have now read the first two in this trilogy. It's quite heavy going in places with a complicated plot and so many different characters to remember, and quite violent (far more so than I normally read) but something about it draws you in so you have to find out who did what to whom and why. I expect I'll get around to the final book at some point but I shall read something else a bit lighter first.

Convertor Pro
Convertor Pro

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have on Kindle, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Convertor Pro (App)
This is a useful sort of thing to have on my Kindle Fire and seems to work ok but it's not something I'm going to be using every day.

Vegetable Garden
Vegetable Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars good veg guide, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Vegetable Garden (App)
I'm just getting back into veg growing after a gap of some years. I do have gardening books but this little app is quicker than looking for right book. It is easy to use and a lot more detailed than I expected when I bought it - the section listing different varieties is good and the one on companion plants is really useful.

Swarovski Crystal Floral Brooch (Antique Gold & Burgundy Red)
Swarovski Crystal Floral Brooch (Antique Gold & Burgundy Red)
Offered by Avalaya Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, excellent service, 25 Sept. 2013
I like this brooch - it looks good with the outfit I wanted it for but will go nicely with other things too. It arrived very quickly -two days after my order, two days ahead of Amazon's earliest delivery date estimate (which nearly worried me into cancelling in case it didn't come in time!). I would certainly buy from this company again.

Sweet And Simple Party Cakes: Over 40 Pretty Cakes for Perfect Celebrations
Sweet And Simple Party Cakes: Over 40 Pretty Cakes for Perfect Celebrations

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 2 Sept. 2013
I really like this book. It has lots of detailed instructions for all the necessary techniques like how to make sure the cake is level and how to apply the icing, and charts for quantities of ingredients needed and numbers of servings per cake, as well as some very pretty and original design ideas. I was tempted into buying a second book by this same writer (Cakes for Romantic Occasions) but was a little disappointed with it as all of the basic technique section repeats what was already published here - I have returned that one and kept this one.

Page: 1 | 2