Profile for Joshua Kilner > Reviews

Bolle Universal Safety Glasses - Anti Scratch & Fog - UNIPSI Clear Lens
Bolle Universal Safety Glasses - Anti Scratch & Fog - UNIPSI Clear Lens
Offered by Caulfield Industrial

5.0 out of 5 stars I am cheap but they are worth it., 25 July 2015
They don't fog up even with my sweaty forehead (i sweat like a pig in the sun) the clarity is great no fogginess in the plastic. The plastic lenses have good thickness i have used them while using my dremel (done a good job of blocking junk flying from the cut) and also when using a jigsaw my eyes were protected from flying chips same when i was drilling into a concrete wall always get dust in my eyes from the drill fan but nothing when i had these on.

If you are cutting,drilling invest in some good safety glasses as you cant buy a new eye for £10. as the saying goes you are young tough and strong until you are old blind and deaf.

Samsung Galaxy S5 SIM-Free Smartphone, SM-G900F - White
Samsung Galaxy S5 SIM-Free Smartphone, SM-G900F - White
Offered by HEARTBIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy but sad to see my 4s retired., 25 July 2015
I had a iphone 4s from 2011/2012 until 2015 and to be fair it still met my needs to a point as my phone was just used for the odd text but mostly it was used for music so in 2015 16gb is just not enough it was time for the dreaded upgrade. I decided on the s5 for the following reasons.

1, the screen is beautiful
2, it has a fair bit of power
3, the battery
4, it has a good camera
5, expandable memory up to 128gb!!!(this is a huge reason i bought this phone)
6, its android.
Personally to me this phone is better than the s6 as you dont have to pay though the nose for more memory for the phone + 128gb sd card its about £360 all in for the s6 128gb model its over £600. Most of the performance the s6 has is not noticeable to 90% of people only is it noticeable on paper.

I play ps1,snes games on my s5 i have a 128gb sd card in it and it does everything beautifully only down side i have with the s5 is the bloat ware.

If you want a phone that is actually good and you dont care on the latest and greatest looks this phone is a good buy with some power under the hood.

Sennheiser MM30G In-Ear Headset for Samsung Galaxy - Black
Sennheiser MM30G In-Ear Headset for Samsung Galaxy - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Do what they were designed for well, 25 July 2015
Used the series designed for the iphone and these are just as good, the bass is punchy,voices are clear. They do a good job of blocking out noise. Not much to really say other than they do what they are designed for.

OtterBox Defender Series Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
OtterBox Defender Series Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars good choice but not perfect., 20 Jun. 2015
Bought this after trying the griffin survior case which was a pile of useless.

My gripes first.

The plastic front screen rim is touching the glass i would have likes to have seen a rubber strip to just give some give between the plastic and the glass(i fear if it was to hit the floor the screen could crack from the pressure).

The rubber is not very thick i would say 3mm in some parts and the rubber is hard not soft so impact absorption i would be worried about.
Some of the plastic sticks out past the rubber kinda defeating the point of the rubber as they will hit the floor first not allowing the rubber to absorb the impact first.
Now for what i liked about the case.

The case rigidity is good just the case alone has very little flex.
The plastic screen protector is flush with the screen and had no rainbow effect.
The plastic screen protector is fairly thick compared to other cases so thats a plus.
The plastic body clipts together with a click that says i am not going anywhere and there are many around the case.
The rubber bumper goes over said clips so helps to hold the parts together.
The design is nice and is on the edge of being a fablet.
The rubber is not slick so you have some grip.
The ports are easy to get to.

The case is one of the better choices out there its not perfect.

I made some modifications to mine.
The back speaker cover i filed down to be lower than the rubber.
The plastic posts that are near the headphone jack i filed down to be below the rubber.
The plastic near the charging port i filed down again to be below the rubber.

Griffin Survivor Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Griffin Survivor Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product, 20 Jun. 2015
I changed my iphone 4s to a samsung s5 and after having the griffin survivor protect my iphone 4s since 2012 from being thrown up stairs and hitting the wall,dropped so many times. I am 6ft3 my phone was in my breast pocket i was running though a car park and my phone fell onto a rough concrete floor while i was running and survived so i was a advocate of the case and thanks to the case my 4s to this day looks BRAND NEW.

So naturally i had no issue with buying it for the s5, but for the s5 its frankly poor quality at best. The case is in two parts but in a drop i feel its gonna come apart and here are the reasons why i an sending it back.

The case it self is easily twisted it had no strength to it not what you want really the one for my 4s is solid.
The screen protector is easily 3mm off the screen giving a horrible wavy view when pressing and a sense of poor design.
The clips that hold the screen to the body are just a few tiny tabs that i have no trust in compared to the big clips of the one for the 4s.
The rubber is so slick honestly its like melting butter in your hand.

I recommended the case to all my family who had a iphone 4s and demanded my mum got one for her phone that she was giving my brother after i fixed the screen for the 3rd time but for the s5 its badly designed,badly fitting and feels like its a fake imitation (i bought it from amazon so its the real thing)

If you want a case get the otterbox survivor its soo much better tho its far from perfect and i have issues with it is much better than this.

Sakura Car Mats in Black for Peugeot 206 (Fits All 206S
Sakura Car Mats in Black for Peugeot 206 (Fits All 206S

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy as larry., 15 Mar. 2015
I orded these for my first car its a 206 these mats fit a dream they feel decent quality for the price and look tidy. I am more than happy with the quality plus their whole job is to stop your floor getting covered in mud,dirt, and these mats do that well.

Peugeot 106 206 306 307 806 Exterior Door Side Moulding Bumpstrip Trim Clips X10 - FREE FIRST CLASS UK POSTAGE!
Offered by EuroParts 2007

4.0 out of 5 stars hold strong., 15 Mar. 2015
I ordered some clips that match the OEM clips that come from peugeot (from a different seller) but what i got was these clips in place of the OEM copies. They work go in with a nice snap and hold firm they are tight fitting all in all they are ok clips.

Like i said i did not order from this seller but what i got where the clips in the picture so i figured i would leave a review for them.

PEUGEOT 206 207 407 406 607 807 DOOR PANEL TRIM CLIPS
PEUGEOT 206 207 407 406 607 807 DOOR PANEL TRIM CLIPS
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what i orded completely different clips to the picture., 15 Mar. 2015
Got completely different clips from the ones in the picture. I ordered the ones that are shown in the picture as they are the closest match to the OEM clips that i broke but what i got was the cheap clips that i can get for £1.94 in place of the £3.25 i paid.

This could have been an error when they where picking the parts off the shelf or the seller could be duping people i dont know but what i got was not whats in the picture i got the cheap ones.

The clips do fit and hold the panel i will not take that away from the product but what i got no way matches the picture.But for £4 its not worth sending back as it will cost me that in postage and time. I found a picture that shows the clips i received as you can see they DO NOT match the product.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Synology DS415Play 4 Bay Desktop Network Storage Attached
Synology DS415Play 4 Bay Desktop Network Storage Attached

5.0 out of 5 stars Synology i always come back., 15 Mar. 2015
Synology they just work.

I currently have the ds213+ with a 6tb wd red and use it to stream movies to all the laptops its worked perfectly for 2 years like a trooper i decided to get another nas for storage and backup my movies so i looked at 5bay nas and seen the drobo 5n picked it up (it was cheaper had an extra bay) and it was just horrible going from the amazing synology os to having basically a few tabs of check boxes was a drag,the apps tab took ages to load and then the os had to find the 5n all over it was just bad. Being as i transfer movies at the tune of 24gb+ the slow drobo 50mb a sec was agonising along with slow access time,no dlna,no support for 6tb hdd,random stuttering i shopped it in for this bad boy.

First off all the features and brand reliability alone are why synology are top dog and are reason enough to go for this nas if you want storage and have the ability to stream to multiple devices. I was transferring a 27gb game to it and it was constantly 100mb to 115mb(it has 4 wd red 3tb and is 43% full ) this was a huge improvement from the 40mb to 50mb i was getting with my drobo.
If you are looking for a nas please dont waste your cash on any other brand synology are more expensive but there is a reason why their products are stood by and after using drobo (synologys biggest contender) synology are so far ahead of the curve compared to everyone else.
I am using this server to hold family pics,movies,documents,tv shows,pc games,xbox games it runs like a dream and setup is sooooo easy.

From a nerd who has built his own server,had the ds213+,214+drobo 5n i cant recommend synology enough for home storage they are worth the money yes you can get a cheaper nas but what you lose is not worth saving 30,40 50,60 pound if you want a 4 bay nas with DLNA go for this its expensive but it will work for years and handle anything you can throw at it.

PROS
The transfer speeds over gigabit are basically flooding the bandwith at 100mb.
DLNA
Awesome synology os.
Brand trust,
Powerful hardware handles streaming 30gb movies with ease over wifi.
Easy set up even my 70 year old grand could do it.
quiet.

CONS
Price
not mac native hardrive reading.

I know this may sound like i work for them but their products are great and i find myself always coming back as they work,are easy to use,require little knowledge and google will tell you everything if you need help,have versatility, are powerful.

Windscreen Polishing DIY Repair Kit - Car Glass Repair - Removes Wiper Blade Damage, Surface Marks, Water Stain - (2 inch 50mm Components)
Offered by Glass Polish Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars It works but you have to put the time in., 10 Mar. 2015
I had some horrible wiper blade marks and a lot of them in bright sun they where very visible and made my pride with my car (its my first car only a 04 peugeot 206) fade. I decided to get proactive and do something about and this is one of those things the more you put in the better result you will get.

I did half my windscreen and it looks amazing no scuffing this stuff works!!!!

Tips
if you have a drill use a spring clamp,strong laggy band to hold the button down as after a while your arms will start to ache and i found this helped reduce the arm ache.
Keep a bottle of squirty water close as to keep your work lubricated as it can dry fast if you feel a fair bit of resistance you need more lube.

If you have more than just a arc and like me have multiple marks across your screen use some masking tape on the inside of your screen to mark the arks then mark it off into sections i did sections maybe 2" wide and 15-17" long this helped me keep my work area manageable and the results consistent.

I had some cheap co op window cleaner and a cheap AA squeegee so i could keep checking my progress i would recommend you have one as well as it helped me see where i missed and where i had been.

If you have lots of marks i would use a corded drill along with a handle as a cordless drill will die before you have done what you need (or ensure you have anther battery to hand).
Mask up your rubbers and plastic it will come off easy on pain but porous plastic it will stain (i found out the hard way) so take this as a warning.

Would have liked more pads maybe 4 and 100ml in place of 50ml but the product does what it says so i cant complain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5