Profile for Uli S. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Maloja Suleikam Women's Trousers Yellow Curcuma Size:L
Maloja Suleikam Women's Trousers Yellow Curcuma Size:L

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colour and very soft material, 14 May 2015
I am happy with the size, as it is slightly looser than expected, especially after having bought cycling shorts from Maloja (same size) and they fit perfectly. For cycling I prefer clothes not too tight to allow movement, and also to wear padded underwear for longer trips, if necessary.
I love the colour, and the material. Very soft, but seems to be strong as well. Haven't had the pleasure of wearing the skirt/skorts? yet, as it is still too cold.

Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2014 Release)
Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2014 Release)
by Andrew Faulkner

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book to get the basics of Photoshop, 17 Dec. 2014
Although I had worked with different programs (mostly Corel Draw Suite) before, I never really got a grip on Photoshop. It was mostly try and error and me giving up and going back to Corel.
But as I have the Creative Cloud subscription, it really made sense to finally embrace Photoshop.
It is a fantastic book. It taught me all the basics, step by step. It helped me understand the tools, the option I've got, what I am able to to with Photoshop, and much more.
Anything which isn't covered in the book, I should be able now to do by using the online tutorials.
I can only recommend this book. Especially for someone who really hasn't worked with Photoshop before.

Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book
Adobe Dreamweaver CC Classroom in a Book
by Adobe Creative Team

5.0 out of 5 stars It starts right at the beginning and works you nicely through the basics you need to know, 2 Nov. 2014
I have been using Dreamweaver for years, but it had changed quite a bit since I started using it, and so it was time for a refresher course.
This book is phantastic. It starts right at the beginning and works you nicely through the basics you need to know. As I already have been working with Dreamweaver, I worked myself in no time through the book.

I wish there would be a follow-up book for some more complicated stuff, though.

VAUDE Top Case Trunk Bag black Size:33 x 51 x 32 cm
VAUDE Top Case Trunk Bag black Size:33 x 51 x 32 cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, but has some small faults., 23 July 2014
This review is from: VAUDE Top Case Trunk Bag (Sports)
I bought this bag for a cycling holidays a few weeks back.
Before I used to have a lot of different items separately tied to my paniers. That was very time consuming and also a hazzle when I had to unload the bike for putting on a train and then getting all the stuff on as well. So when I saw this bag I went immediately for it. That seemed to be THE solution for my problems.
The first hick-up was that the straps from the full paniers weren't long enough to attach to the trunk bag. I solved the problem in using some old straps I had laying around, which I then attached to the buckle of the paniers. It's a bit of a pain to adapt them every day anew, depending on the load of your panniers, but I am still very pleased with the trunk bag.
What wasn't so nice was that after riding on a really bumpy track for some miles, the loop at the back of the trunk bag riped and so the bag wasn't attached to the saddle post anymore. Luckily I had some straps with me, which I then used to secure the bag to the saddle post.
The trunk bag itself kept my sleeping bag (and the other items I had placed in) absolutely dry while cyling through heavy rain.

Samsung ETA-U90UWE 5.1 V 2.1 A Travel Adapter Charger
Samsung ETA-U90UWE 5.1 V 2.1 A Travel Adapter Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have been included with the portable battery charging pack, 28 Jun. 2014
I had to get this 2Amp charger for my portable battery charging pack. Without it, the charging took at least double the time. As I said above, this charger should actually be included when you buy the portable charging pack. It's pointless getting the pack and then having to wait ages for it to charge on a normal charger, or even longer via USB.
So don't think twice, when you buy the charging pack: Just get this charger as well.

Samsung Portable Battery Charging Pack with Micro USB and 30-pin Cable - White
Samsung Portable Battery Charging Pack with Micro USB and 30-pin Cable - White
Offered by Hale Communications

5.0 out of 5 stars Best investment ever, 28 Jun. 2014
I bought this portable battery charging pack, because I always run out of battery due to mobile gaming. It charges the phone at least twice. I didn't have to try it more often, as I usually found a socket by then and could recharge mobile and charging pack again, but it always had 2 red lights left.
This was the best investment I did. Nothing is more annoying, as running out of battery (either due to gaming, or because you are camping in the middle of nowhere and have no access to electricity).
Another plus is, that the device is not too heavy. I compared it with other devices, and found that quite often they where much heavier, but not with much better specs.
I can definitely recommend this charging pack.

Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery (discontinued by manufacturer)
Samsung Galaxy S3 2100 mAh Battery (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by MEGATRADERS99

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery, 28 Jun. 2014
Finding 20 words to describe what's good about a battery is a bit pointless. It's a battery after all. It's working as it is supposed to do and I bought it as a spare one, as I tend to run out of battery due to gaming.

GMYLE(TM) Heavy Duty All Weather Waterproof Tough Case Adjustable Holder Bike Cycle Cycling Handlebar (16mm - 25mm) Mount for Smart Phone (iphone 4S/5/5S/5C , Samsung Galaxy S3/S4) [IPX8]

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps your phone dry, 28 Jun. 2014
I bought this case especially to be able to recharge my phone while cycling and also have visual access to the screen.
I can give 5 stars for the phone keeping dry.
I am not so happy with the silicon screen (or whatever material it is). When it is raining, I can see the screen very well, but if it is dry and/or sunny, it is hard to make out what's on your screen. Also swiping is not as easy as it normally is. So only 3 stars for that.
My mistake was, that I thought I could charge my phone while cycling and this is obviously not possible. There should be a similar solution like for the phone jack, but it isn't. So I secure the phone with rubber bands and attach the charging cable (which is linked to my hub dynamo). Not really that great.
Also, the connection between case and adapter is very poorly. Riding on bumpy Scottish roads means, that the case detaches itself constantly. I solved the problem again with rubber bands and strings; but now I can't really quickly detach the case and so have to take the phone out instead.
Still a pretty good item. Guess I should have done some more thorough research first.

Nikwax Concentrated Tent & Gear Solarproof (Pack of 1)
Nikwax Concentrated Tent & Gear Solarproof (Pack of 1)
Offered by MTW DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Jun. 2014
I used about a quarter to treat my tent and groundsheet. Diluted it with water, as directed, and used a sponge to apply to the fabric.
Now I am just back from 2 weeks of camping and the tent didn't let me down. I had some pretty rainy days, but the tent stayed dry.
All the Nikwax products I have used so far, have been excellent and I can only recommend them.

Bananagrams Game
Bananagrams Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for on-the-go and at home, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bananagrams Game (Toy)
I got introduced to Bananagrams in a coffee shop. It doesn't take much space and fits easy in a handbag for just those occasions. Everybody plays for themselves (kind of scrabble style), and the goal is to finish first. . Very competitive, but in a fun way. I just love the game.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4