Profile for Dr. T. M. Wakeley > Reviews

Content by Dr. T. M. Wakeley

Dr. T. M. Wakeley (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NEEWER® 6 inch Optical Glass Triple Triangular Prism Physics Teaching Light Spectrum
Offered by iTekLife Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality prism, 20 Aug 2014
I was very pleasantly surprised by the high quality of this prism. It came in quite a nice presentation box too.

Tallon 880x580mm Academic/Student Year Planner - Blue/White
Tallon 880x580mm Academic/Student Year Planner - Blue/White
Offered by Shop Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 Oct 2013
It's not Tallon, it's a Collins Colplan, and very good it is too. Excellent value - especially when you compare the price to a similar item in Staples.

Panasonic DVC Tape 60 minute 5 Pack
Panasonic DVC Tape 60 minute 5 Pack
Offered by Babz Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality tapes - I always use these, 26 May 2013
I've been using these tapes to record HDV with my Canon HV30 since 2008. They haven't let me down yet!

Pilgrim Soul (Douglas Brodie series)
Pilgrim Soul (Douglas Brodie series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brodie gets better and better, 25 April 2013
Mr Ferris tells a cracking tale. I've read all of the Brodie books to date and this one has evolved the central characters nicely while weaving them into an interesting plot involving escaped Nazi war criminals in post-war Glasgow along with a visit from Danny McRae who features in his own series of books by Mr Ferris ('Truth Dare Kill', 'The Unquiet Heart'). I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Merrell Mens MOAB VENT Trekking & Hiking Shoes Brown Braun (EARTH) Size: 44
Merrell Mens MOAB VENT Trekking & Hiking Shoes Brown Braun (EARTH) Size: 44

5.0 out of 5 stars My third pair in 7 years, 25 April 2013
Really comfortable and hard-wearing shoes. I lived in my previous 2 pairs until the soles were worn out. My old pair of Moab's were a size 9(UK) so I ordered the same for these only to find they were a bit too small. This was no problem, because I simply exchanged them using the Amazon returns feature and 24 hours later the next pair arrived and at 9.5(UK) they fit really well. I'm impressed with the shoes and equally impressed with Amazon's exchange policy, which didn't require me to wait around until they had received the original shoes back from me before sending out the bigger pair.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Accuracy in the mash tun at last., 14 Mar 2013
I use this to help me calibrate and adjust mash temperatures when homebrewing. Compared to my old glass thermometer it is much more accurate and now I can control the mash temperature accurately and produce the beers I have designed without any surprises (my old thermometer was mis-reading by 2 degrees which led to some thinner beers than I had planned).

Burco Cygnet MFCT1030 30 Litre Counter Top Manual Fill Water Boiler Stainless Steel
Offered by Palmer Riley Distribution Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for homebrewing, 14 Mar 2013
I bought this to make beer in. I had some concerns about it holding a rolling boil, but these proved unfounded. I had to drill out the back of the tap inorder to fit my hop filter, but that was no hardship. All in all I'm very pleased, it's a nice upgrade on my old HDPE plastic boiler (but I should say that it has a 2.5kW element not 3kW as advertised).

A Bespoke Murder: 1 (Home Front Detective series)
A Bespoke Murder: 1 (Home Front Detective series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Transported me to another time, 22 Jan 2013
I like to read fiction at the end of the day to help me wind down. I find this happens best when a book is able to transport me to another place or time and, in this respect, 'A Bespoke Murder' fitted the bill perfectly. The characters were well-drawn for the most part and the story flowed well. I liked it so much that I bought the sequel and I'm looking forward to reading more about the adventures of Harvey Marmion and Joe Keedy in subsequent novels.

Salter Stainless Steel 1035 SSBKDR Platform Electronic Kitchen Scale
Salter Stainless Steel 1035 SSBKDR Platform Electronic Kitchen Scale
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a 2-in-1, 7 Jan 2013
I am a keen homebrewer. This means I need to be able to accurately weigh up to 5kg of grain and as little as 10g of hop flowers. For years I've used small diet scales for the latter and standard kitchen scales for the former. No more! With these electronic scales I can weigh both grain and hops with superb accuracy so, for me, they are a genuine 2-in-1 product. I even calibrated them using standard objects of known weight and found them to be pretty much spot on. I'm very impressed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 4:58 PM BST

Inline Shower Water Filter x1 - Filters Lime and Chlorine For Healthier Hair And Skin
Offered by The Water Filter Men

4.0 out of 5 stars More comfortable skin!, 7 Jan 2013
Each time I shower my skin dries up and I spend the rest of the day itching. I was dubious that a simple charcoal filter would solve the issue, but I have to admit that it's done the job. It's relatively cheap to buy, but it's a bit bulky. It fits between the shower head and the hose, so it puts quite a bit of weight on the shower head holder; mine seems to be able to cope - so far... I expected a drop-off in water pressure but this was insignificant for my system (which runs at mains pressure). I've had it for one month to date and I think the effectiveness of the filter has diminished (much like my Brita drinking water filter), but replacement cartiridges are fairly cheap to buy. On the whole I'd say that the filter is good value and of all the options I could find it was certainly the cheapest option, if not the most elegant aesthetically.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3