Profile for R M Houghton > Reviews

Content by R M Houghton

R M Houghton

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Yes Man Film Tie-In: The Amazing Tale of What Happens When You Decide to Say - Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant Brilliant Brilliant, 8 Aug 2014
A very funny and entertaining book with a poignant message. Has it changed my outlook 'Yes'
A great read and should be compulsory for all those looking to live and not just exist :)

Samsung CLX-4195FN 4-In-1 Colour Multifunction Laser Printer with network connectivity (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 13 Jan 2014
Very good printer that is economical, always works and always seems to produce good copies. I use it mainly for office work so it's had a kicking but it keeps working and I am very pleased with it. I feel that I can highly recommend it

SOUNDMATTERS FOXL V.2 PORTABLE SPEAKER
SOUNDMATTERS FOXL V.2 PORTABLE SPEAKER

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing !, 13 Jan 2014
It sounds okay and is convenient for travelling but I bought the non blue tooth model and I really wish I had bought the blue tooth model. Well actually having bought it and discovered that it has to have a lead to my ipad I went out and bought a Bose which I have to say is a better build! better sound and Bluetooth. So the Foxl sits in a box until one day I will ebay it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 3:59 PM BST

World Cruising Routes: 1000 Routes from the South Seas to the Arctic: Companion to World Cruising Handbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Top book, 13 Jan 2014
I am not a great fan of jimmy cornell or anything but he does seem to be able to write sailing books that are almost essential reading. This isn't any different and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and leaned a great deal along the way. It's become a reference book for me and will in the future accompany me on voyages.

My First MacBook / MacBook Air: A Beginners Guide to Unplugging You Windows PC and Becoming a Mac User
by Andie Campbell

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 13 Jan 2014
Well not quite but having read it I felt that I had hardly moved forward so I went and bought another book about how to do things on a MacBook Air.

It doesn't really cover the useful things you need to know when moving from a windows pc to a mac! A simple example being the creation and indexing of files and folders.
Waste of money for me and I cannot recommend it

Cornell's Ocean Atlas: Pilot Charts for All Oceans of the World
Cornell's Ocean Atlas: Pilot Charts for All Oceans of the World
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Jan 2014
Extremely useful atlas covering all the wind and current useful information you are likely to need. I am very pleased with it

World Voyage Planner: Planning a Voyage from Anywhere in the World to Anywhere in the World

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 13 Jan 2014
Very useful book and a wealth of information for the novice to experienced there's something useful for everyone. It will be a book I keep for a long time :)

Visionking Fully Waterproof Zoom Monocular - 10-25X Magnification - Close Focus Down To 500mm - Sits Perfectly In Your Hand - Well Balanced - Rubber Armoured Body - Includes Case And Strap
Offered by Dragonfly Optical

4.0 out of 5 stars Visionking, 13 Jan 2014
Yep , does exactly as it says on the tin ! I cannot fault it myself it does all that I ask.

Cruising Ports : Florida to California Via Panama (Guidebook - 4th Ed.)
Cruising Ports : Florida to California Via Panama (Guidebook - 4th Ed.)
by John Rains

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of date, 13 Jan 2014
I was deeply disappointed when I received this book. It's evidently very dated and whist it has a use it's 'limited'
I would not recommend this book and myself consider it the equivalent of buying a 1990's version of a dictionary.

The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, revealing, thought provoking and re-assuring, 31 Dec 2013
It's a bit of a dark subject and I wasn't sure what to expect when I read this book however it's not really about death it's about life, re-birth and empowerment. The author takes you along a journey of thought processes and life experience with which you can empathetically associate until at some point you start to feel a sense of ownership. (Or at least I did) Interestingly I told my sister that after reading the book I had started to feel a tiny splinter of happiness and by return she told me that by saying that indicated I was completely self obsessed. In the past I would have dwelled on that negativity but after reading this book I just smiled.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3