ARRAY(0xb13b69c0)

Profile for S. Vogler > Reviews

Content by S. Vogler

S. Vogler (London United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Hamster That Loved Puccini: The Seven Modern Sins of Christmas Round-robin Letters
by Simon Hoggart

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 14 Mar 2014
This was bought as a gift for a friend who had been giving it glowing reviews. Very funny. We remembered these when they were articles in the Guardian so it's great to have them in one volume. I'm waiting to borrow it!

Mog The Forgetful Cat Plush
Mog The Forgetful Cat Plush
Price: 14.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuddled immediately, 3 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mog The Forgetful Cat Plush (Toy)
Brought this for my 3-year-old great-nephew along with a Mog book. He cuddled it immediately and knew it to be Mog without prompting. It is very soft. Mog then watched and joined in a game with the train set and of course sat on his lap while a Mog book was read. Then, although declaring that he wasn't tired, he took himself to bed with his usual teddy and Mog. So a success all round.
Can't comment on how durable the toy is as it's new but it's certainly going to get a lot of cuddling.

Don't Eat the Teacher
Don't Eat the Teacher
by Nick Ward
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Don't Eat the Teacher (Paperback)
Gave this as a gift to my great niece who was about to start school. She loved having it read to her. And then took it off to read to her baby sister!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 7 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 7 (New Packaging) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
Price: 13.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought as a gift, 28 Feb 2013
Brought as a gift and it was very gratefully received. A good bargain for all those Buffy fans out there

Kent Car Care L5000 Magnetic Stick On & Tie On L Plates & P Plates
Kent Car Care L5000 Magnetic Stick On & Tie On L Plates & P Plates
Offered by harrymccolltrading
Price: 2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and choice, 6 Jan 2013
What an excellent pack of L plates. I have a Peugeot 107 and so need stick on at the back and tie on at the front and here they are in one set.

AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)
AVG Internet Security 2012, 4 PC, 2 Year License (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Barely existent customer service, 19 Feb 2012
I went for the paid version a few years ago as I decided there are times when you need customer support. My first experience was trying to get AVG to accept my wireless printer. The help offered was in computerspeak and I got nowhere. Then an AVG upgrade clashed with its predecessor and I had to return my system to factory settings! I spoke to someone on the phone this time and it was diagnosed. Recently another upgrade threw up threat messages that turned out to be false positives but stopped various programmes from working. Contacting AVG has become much harder. The email option had allegedly gone and the phone line was a long wait so I tried email chat. This was torture. The person at the other end was obviously dealing with other customers so there was up to 20 minutes between replies. He tried to sell me another service and then after 90 minutes of this had obviously forgotten what my problem was. I tried to use the old email help address and got an automated reply that this was no longer functioning but then I did get a reply! This person started to help me but wanted files sent that were too big for my server, and Gmail refused to send. I sent them an email to tell them this and heard nothing. I have emailed five times since and still received nothing. So I've taken AVG off my computer. Giving Avast a try instead. Seems good at the moment. Sorry for the tirade and thank you for listening!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 19, 2012 11:10 AM GMT

Orange Tree Toys Soft Cat Pull Along BT1851
Orange Tree Toys Soft Cat Pull Along BT1851

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular with one year old great-nephew, 10 Nov 2011
Christened 'Jess' (Postman Pat), this toy was happily received by my one-year-old great-nephew. I think it is great that it can be removed from its wheels for cuddles - and washing!

Il buio oltre la siepe
Il buio oltre la siepe
by Harper Lee
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite book, 10 Nov 2011
I'm learning Italian and what better than to read my favourite book - To Kill a Mockingbird - in Italian. This is a wonderful book, beautifully written and well worth its Pullitzer Prize. Whichever language you choose - read it!

Gorilla Glue 60ml
Gorilla Glue 60ml
Price: 3.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Gorilla Glue 60ml (DIY & Tools)
This was first bought for us as a jokey present - we have a monkey theme going. But this stuff is fantastic. It has mended all sorts of items from shoes to fridge door shelves. Be careful when repairing something delicate as it expands and you will need to remove excess before it sets.

Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered
Hama USB 2.0 Hub 1:4 Black, Bus-powered
Price: 8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 5 Jan 2011
I was delighted with my smaller computer tower until I realised that I needed more usb slots than could fit on the back. This hub is perfect. As previous reviewers have said - there is space for each usb cable to slot in and it is powerful enough to take most add-ons. It is also an excellent price.

Page: 1 | 2