Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Rivethead: Tales from the Assembly Line
Rivethead: Tales from the Assembly Line

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull as it comes., 19 Sept. 2015
Dull as ditch water. I read on because it's what I do. Nothing. But Macho pointless posturing. Self Inflicted boredom - by the end of the book I knew how he felt. He got paid to do it, I paid for it!

Drift HD Silicone Skin - White
Drift HD Silicone Skin - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item that looks good and works well, 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Drift Silicone Skin White (Sports)
Very smart accessory for the Drift. Looks good and protects the camera when as I do drop my helmet.

Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse: And Other Lessons from Modern Life
Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse: And Other Lessons from Modern Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised and pleased, 16 Jan. 2015
Excellent book. I was very impressed. Not knowing that DM actually was a writer only having seen him on TV the quality was a surprise. Amusing and thought provoking, some very good "articles". I would certainly look out for other titles by him.

Time and Time Again
Time and Time Again

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointing., 30 Dec. 2014
I generally enjoy Ben Eltons writing but this was tedious and I only finished it out of a sense of duty.
A very interesting idea, poorly developed and left to ramble to a very weak conclusion. I think if this had been written by some one else, an unknown. It would have struggled to find a publisher.

"Now I Can Call Myself A  Biker"
"Now I Can Call Myself A Biker"

2.0 out of 5 stars No, not a Biker yet David., 30 Nov. 2014
Is it only me that sees the irony in this book?

The author comes into Biking late in life – and fair play to him on that. He buys a Triumph and insists it has the loudest exhaust fitted! Is he 17 or 50? He actually rides around thinking that people are looking at him admiringly instead of, and this is much more likely, thinking what a Dick Head or Jerk for our American cousins.

He then goes off on a ride along Route 66. Once again fair play to him, but lets be realistic here this ride, for all its length is an accompanied ride, fully supported by Gary in a truck. Its Pony Trekking on a Harley. His problem is with the Heat and the Sun, Poor Baby! This ride makes him no more a Biker than it makes him Lead singer of a Rock Band. This Gang fall off on Car parks!!

An expensive follow my leader not so much different to his initial Bike training.

Along the way they take in the infamous South Park Episode with the Bikers and there look at me attitude and games. He doesn’t appear to see anything of a similarity to this egocentric behavoir and himself. Also the viewing of Wild Hogs. A story of Wannabees if ever there was.

I might be over cynical here but could there be a possibility that Gary just might have taken them to places that rewarded Gary in some way? I don’t absolutely trust any tour guide who recommends a place to stay or eat.

On the other hand, although its clunky in places with some weird editing the story is OK. It made me want to see some of the same sights along the Route. For the cost on my Kindle its not the best read about Motorcycle touring ever but it’s a light read.

But no way! Get some miles in on wet roads in the cold. Then you can call yourself a Biker.

ANTI SNORE/SNORING STOPPER MOUTH GUARD CUSTOM FIT * CLINICALLY PROVEN TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM OF SNORING *
Offered by Fly Service

4.0 out of 5 stars These are made of a softer mouldable material that fits better and works just as well, 24 July 2014
I've tried other devices of this type and they do seem to work - well according to the Wife! The most expensive was made of a more rigid type plastic and worked but was uncomfortable to use. These are made of a softer mouldable material that fits better and works just as well. I think they will "wear" over time but at the price, well worth buying replacements.
One note of caution though. These devices hold your mouth open and in the morning you can have a mouth like the bottom of a Budgies cage so keep a glass of water handy.

Oxford Scooter Heated Hot motorcycle handlebar Grips
Oxford Scooter Heated Hot motorcycle handlebar Grips
Offered by NIGHTINGALES

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item, 30 Dec. 2013
I had them fitted for me, the mechanic said they were easy to install. I am sure a competent person could do it themselves.
They are effective and make riding more comfortable in this cold weather

Mongrels - Series 1 & 2 Boxset [DVD]
Mongrels - Series 1 & 2 Boxset [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rufus Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic series, 1 Dec. 2012
Obviously humour is personal but this series breaks new ground.
Very clever parody and very, very funny. I am almost afraid I will discover there's no third series!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2013 5:42 PM BST

Kingavon BB-FH207 Industrial Heater
Kingavon BB-FH207 Industrial Heater

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all, 26 Aug. 2012
Looks good but is actually crap. Not a lot more to say. If you want heat - look elsewhere. Seriously not an effective heater.

Zephyr Zodiac: The life and death of an iconic car.
Zephyr Zodiac: The life and death of an iconic car.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 26 Aug. 2012
I've read a few of the books from this author and quite frankly this one is not up to par. Contrived and just not so funny.

Page: 1 | 2