Profile for Blue007 > Reviews

The Hand of Fatima
The Hand of Fatima
by Ildefonso Falcones

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Hand of Fatima (Paperback)
It's probably one of the few (if not the only) books that left such a long and lingering impression on me. It lives with me to this day despite that it's been at least a year since I've read it. I've read a number of other books on the life and fall of the Ottoman Empire, but that was the first book that I picked up about the Inquisition period in Spain, which came on the heel of that fall. There is a lot of violence and gore in it, yet it is hard to put down.

York 8kg Vinyl Kettlebell
York 8kg Vinyl Kettlebell
Offered by Sweatband

5.0 out of 5 stars It's 8KG!, 4 Jan. 2014
OK, so I admit I bought this thinking it was 8lb. It was a stupid oversight and when it arrived I was having a particular bad back day, so the delivery man was kind enough to take it upstairs. It looked a lot huger (and was definitely a lot heavier) than the one I saw at the shop on my high street. Eventually, and when my back was better, I took it the extra flight of stairs up and opened it. Nice colours, a good product and not too bad to lift up, but it was still bigger than the one I saw in the shop. A puzzler. I went back to the shop on my high street to check. The other one had 8lb on it and a lot easier to carry. The penny did not drop till I went back home and checked my one. D'ah!
That said, I am happy for the mix up. I ended up buying the 8lb one too. Each has different uses.

Meditation Cushion, Support Cushion - Zafu (Buckwheat) Zen Black
Meditation Cushion, Support Cushion - Zafu (Buckwheat) Zen Black
Offered by Blue Banyan

5.0 out of 5 stars Top cushion, 4 Jan. 2014
I was happily surprised by this product. It's chunky, sturdy and a no none sense cushion. Whatever they've got in there, it works. It's very smartly finished and looks like a mini Ottoman. Really like it. I suffer a bad back, so I use it for an array of different things around the house (including do my toe nails, for example!). It looks nice and smart lying about too.

10 Metres of Candy Cane - Christmas - Red, White & Green Craft - Bakers - Butchers - String - Twine
Offered by Butchers-Sundries

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Xmassy!, 4 Jan. 2014
Gave my Xmas packaging a nice rustic twist and a good change from the boring humdrum. If you have a creative side, you can do a lot with these!

ResultSport® Pack of 3 - Spiky Massage Balls Stress Reflexology - 6cm, 8cm and 10cm
Offered by ResultSport

4.0 out of 5 stars Three of 'em!, 4 Jan. 2014
I like the big blue one - and can see how it can be used. I still have to figure out the use of the other two, but it's nice to get three in a box nonetheless.

Buy One Get One Free - Red & White Bakers, Butchers, Craft, Parcel String Twine

East of India Sticker Sheet Grey Christmas Pudding
East of India Sticker Sheet Grey Christmas Pudding
Offered by Luck and Luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 4 Jan. 2014
Loved them. Used them to mark individual pressies and to stick them on boxes that I had to send by post. Cute.

chinkyboo Stretch Resistance Exercise Band 1.5m Yoga Dyna Aerobics Accessory
chinkyboo Stretch Resistance Exercise Band 1.5m Yoga Dyna Aerobics Accessory
Offered by chinkyboo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Jan. 2014
Arrived a couple of days ago and I was pleased with the colour and the feel of the product. It's nice and strong too. It is also easy to keep handy for random stretches as it's one sport equipment you don't have to stow away to tidy up.

PhysioWorld Intermediate Foam Padded Weighted 1.5kg (3.30lb) Fitness Exercise Hula Hoop 100cm wide
Offered by Shop@PHYSIOWORLD

4.0 out of 5 stars It's BIG, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Weighted Hula Hoop (Misc.)
I bought this because I thought it would be a fun way to keep fit. But, I've never used one before and I have yet to learn how to. It's standing against the wall at the moment. I look at and wonder how can anyone do this. It's massive! I might take it to my local gym and see if anyone there can teach me a trick or two.
In the meantime, you probably want to know that the quality of the hoop is pretty good. If you know how to, I'd say it's a good product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3