Profile for D. J. BURGESS > Reviews

Content by D. J. BURGESS

D. J. BURGESS (Warwickshire, U.K.)

My Sharona
My Sharona

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Aug. 2015
This review is from: My Sharona (MP3 Download)
Marvellous

GENUINE DC-4 NOKIA 6300 IN CAR CHARGER
GENUINE DC-4 NOKIA 6300 IN CAR CHARGER
Offered by Data Enterprises

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Mar. 2015
As it says on the tin. Very good

The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Moisturising Balm
The Real Shaving Co. Post Shave Moisturising Balm
Offered by MCDNgoods

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 14 Aug. 2011
Good product with slight lemony smell. Arrived in same box as a book with no protection for the book. In case the product spilled which if it had been squeezed through the letterbox instead of left with the next door neighbours it would have been, it would have leaked (no seal) and ruined the book

Cable Mountain 1m Ultimate High Speed HDMI v2.0 Ultra HD 4K & 3D Cable with Ethernet and ARC

5.0 out of 5 stars Goog quality, 14 Aug. 2011
Goood quality and robust construction. Arrived quickly from Cable Mountain. Can't see any point in spending more on HDMI cables

Polar Chest Strap - Black, Size - L
Polar Chest Strap - Black, Size - L

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, 14 Aug. 2011
Had to send this back as the description was not sufficient to tell me it did not fit the responder I already had
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2012 11:09 PM GMT

Sony KDL24EX320BU 24-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Edge LED Internet TV with Freeview

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Jun. 2011
So much more than a TV - a complete entertainment system. Great picture and good connectivity and looks good in the room too. It is easy to set up despite plugging in surround system, VCR and digi-recorder. Optical audio connection means I always get the best possible quality and the sounds goes with the picture without loads of source swapping between devices; what I see is always what I hear.

Internet video is easy to set up by inputting the router code just as easy as with a laptop and I was a little surpised to see that some of the video content is actually worth seeing.

Wireless streaming through home network from the laptop is fairly straightforward with Windows 7 although there was a music folder it did not pick up and which I had to set individually on the laptop for some reason. Having some problem with it seeing BBC iPlayer HD downloads on the laptop at the moment, this may not be possible although standard quality I'm sure will be fine as I think it is a single file - anybody help on this please? Alternative I suppose will be to connect direct through HDMI. (TV has 2, one of which is two-way ARC).

Additionally, you may not need a separate recorder; you can plug in an external hard drive to the USB to use as such, the programme guide has all the functions necessary to set recording.

Only 2 slight downs;
1. It sits very low on the stand so for a standard size TV table it might need to be lifted on to something additional for easier viewing.
2. I'm fairly sure at the moment that it does not support Dolby DTS so I have to listen to all DVD's in standard 5.1

On the whole, a really great TV if it is the correct size for your room.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2012 12:52 PM GMT

SanDisk SDMSPD-002G-B35 2 GB Pro Duo Memory Stick with MagicGate
SanDisk SDMSPD-002G-B35 2 GB Pro Duo Memory Stick with MagicGate

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 22 April 2011
I brought this to go on a 10 day road trip and to be sure I had enough memory for my old 5.1 megapixel DSC-H1. I took around 320 pictures and a couple of movies and still less than half filled it. Because of the relative age of the camera I also had to buy the Memory Stick Duo Adapter for a nominal cost which worked fine. It arrived promptly in sensible packaging and represented the best £/GB value for money at the time.