Profile for N. Hughes > Reviews

Content by N. Hughes

N. Hughes "Angel" (West Sussex, England)

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 May 2011
Loved the look of this when I saw it on screen and even when it arrived. But very disappointed when I tried to put it on only to discover it does not clip on completely and thus making it completely useless. Would not recommend buying this cover.

Toshiba SD2010 DVD Player with USB (discontinued by manufacturer)
Toshiba SD2010 DVD Player with USB (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value For Money, 9 Dec 2010
Needing a new DVD player I set about reading the reviews for this one. And I wasn't disappointed. It's a neat little DVD player and good value for money. I don't need anything fancy, but I do require a DVD player to be Region Free, while this one doesn't come region free, following the instructions provided in the previous reviews, I quickly turned it to Region 0. So easy peasy a child could do it. Picture quality and sound quality is good. Remote is a wee bit clunky and the buttons not easy to push down, but since it's new I'm putting it down to that and not a design flaw.

Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
Marley and Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
by John Grogan

5.0 out of 5 stars For the love of a dog, 9 Jun 2009
I read this book for the first time a couple of years ago after seeing John and his family in an episode of The Dog Whisperer. It got me curious when they made mention of their former dog, Marley.
From the very first pages I was in love with this story. From beginning to end it takes you on a rollercoaster ride of love, laughter and tears. Marley was such an amazing character, a badly behaved dog but one with a heart of gold who enjoyed life to the fullest.
How John spins his story, telling the tales of what Marley got upto is captivating. The love he and his wife had for the dog and the love Marley had for them and their children is obvious and beautiful to read.
One minute you will laugh until you cry and then you will cry and then you start laughing all over again. By the end, I was in love with Marley (a dog owner myself, I feel the love everyday that these people had for their beloved crazy dog)and his family and will admit to bawling my eyes out in that ugly hiccupy cry at the end.
I couldn't recommend this highly enough to all all dog lovers. A truly wonderful and heartwarming story that at the heart of it is a love story between man and his faithful (even somewhat loony) dog.

Madhouse
Madhouse
by Rob Thurman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars A Truimph, 4 Mar 2008
This review is from: Madhouse (Mass Market Paperback)
'Madhouse' is yet another truimph for author extraordinaire Rob Thurman. Following on from her two other brilliant books 'Moonlight' and 'Nightlife', we are once again drawn into the world of Cal and Niko Leandros, brothers who are submerged in the supernatural. The book like it's predecessors is captivating and exciting. The heroes are not only sexy but are kick ass to boot. The humor will have you chuckling your way through the book. The other characters as well as the main characters are delightful, colourful, scary and truly original. Rob Thurman's writing has you not just going along on the adventure, but she has you truly caring for the characters especially the brothers, who's relationship is endearing as it is funny.
If Supernatural monsters coupled with strong, interesting and unique characters are your thing, then 'Madhouse' (as well as 'Moonlight' and 'Nightlife) are your cup of tea. Heck, even if you aren't into supernatural scares, just the sheer brilliance and wonderful characters and humour in this book will keep you hooked and wanting for more.