Profile for cruise queen > Reviews

cruise queen

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
So, Anyway...: The Autobiography
So, Anyway...: The Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars ... available to me a pre release I was really pleased. However I seem to struggling to get into ..., 17 Oct 2014
I m a fan of John Cleese so when this book was available to me a pre release I was really pleased. However I seem to struggling to get into it.. I know peoples lives cant always be exciting and funny but Im only about a quarter of the way through it and its been a hard slog My husband asked me if it was a good book.. I think he was expecting a few giggles from me and to be honest I could hardly tell him what had happened so far. It just wasnt holding my interest. .I hope things get better and I will amend this review accordingly .

Soliciting from Home: 1970s memories of an English country lawyer
Soliciting from Home: 1970s memories of an English country lawyer

3.0 out of 5 stars Its a bit like " All Creatures Great And Small " but with ..., 17 Oct 2014
I didnt find this as enthralling as I had hope . Its a bit like " All Creatures Great And Small " but with no livestock . I did manage to finish it but its not one Id read again .

Fat Chance
Fat Chance

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite upto the mark.., 7 Oct 2014
This review is from: Fat Chance (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to give this latest book by Nick Spalding 5 stars but for me it didnt quite hit the spot. I dont know if it was the subject matter or what but Nicks other books have had me rolling in the aisles.. ( I save them for flights or long coach trips ) but I can honestly say I only laughed out loud a couple of times.

The story follows a couple who decide to take part in a local radio competition to see who can loose the most weight... All the couples taking part try different methods of weight loss and different diets. I did laugh when Greg had employed a personal trainer who turned out to be a right battle axe.

Each chapter is written by first the male and then the female perspective , something which has worked very well in the past with Nicks books which gives us a different outlook on weight loss ...

I was lucky to be given an advanced copy to read and review but I sorry to say I was more than a little disappointed . I feel the author has set himself very high standards which is proving hard to live upto .

The Child Bride
The Child Bride

5.0 out of 5 stars Im glad I did wait, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Child Bride (Kindle Edition)
I waited til this book was available as a whole book and not in 3 parts as it was earlier . Im glad I did wait .. it would have spoilt the feel of the story if I not read it all in one go .

In this book from Cathy Glass we meet Zeena who has rather unusually asked to be placed in care. As the title suggests she was married very young and abused by members of her own family. Cathy deals with this in the only way she knows.. caring and always putting Zeena first .

II found this book hard to put down once Id started it and some of the details that are revealed are quite honestly shocking .

Endal: How one extraordinary dog brought a family back from the brink
Endal: How one extraordinary dog brought a family back from the brink

4.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 29 Sep 2014
I really enjoyed this ... although the star of the book doesnt appear until page 150 or so its well worth waiting for . How this dog turns his masters life around after he suffered a serious head injury is one that will stay with me for a long time.. Theres nothing I can add that hasnt already been written about this gifted dog. Its a lovely book written by the author and his wife so we learn both sides of life when trying to cope with such a life changing injury .

A Pis of Cak
A Pis of Cak

4.0 out of 5 stars funny short read, 29 Sep 2014
This review is from: A Pis of Cak (Kindle Edition)
funny short read ... some of it is very funny other parts i did wonder if it had been padded out a bit.. ok for a freebie but I wouldnt pay for it .

Hannah's Choice: A daughter's love for life. The mother who let her make the hardest decision of all.

5.0 out of 5 stars hardly daring at one point to carry on reading as I was fearing the worst.., 29 Sep 2014
Count your blessing after you read this ...I know did.. How on earth a family can go through so much and cope with all the emotions that go with having a seriously ill child, not once but twice and life threatening ? I read this book in couple of days... hardly daring at one point to carry on reading as I was fearing the worst ... The book is written by both Hannah and her mum... so we get both perspectives of the story... Story.. that sounds so flippant... What a brave child to have the courage to make her own decisions and her family to stand by her choice .

C'est Modnifique!: Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France
C'est Modnifique!: Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France

5.0 out of 5 stars and like another reviewer i saved it til I was away ..., 29 Sep 2014
Brace yourself for another round of life in France...I bought this book almost as soon as it was released... and like another reviewer i saved it til I was away on holiday... My OH , bless him got sick to death of hearing me snigger and laugh out loud many times and although I tried to explain what I was laughing at I think you have to be a certain type of person to enjoy this authors books. When I reached the sad part he tactfully ignored my tears .

Life doesnt get any easier living in France... the addition of more animals to the fold doesnt help but our hero carries on regardless . I hope there is more to follow . If you enjoyed the first book then you will treasure the second .

No Room at the Moustache and Mullet (Eurotandem Tales Book 2)
No Room at the Moustache and Mullet (Eurotandem Tales Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is the second part of a fantastic exhausting journey, 19 Sep 2014
I was tired just reading it ! .. This book is the second part of a fantastic exhausting journey... I havent read the first one but Im looking forward to it . I really dont know why some folk push themselves to the limit and then find time to write about it but thank goodness they do ! This is warts and all, Not everywhere is beautiful and not everyone is nice to meet but the author tells a good account and I wont spoil it by revealing too much .

Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog: Sniffing Out the Perfect Plot in Provence
Ten Trees and a Truffle Dog: Sniffing Out the Perfect Plot in Provence

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite enjoyed it once Id got into it, 19 Sep 2014
Bit of everything in this book... I quite enjoyed it once Id got into it... The author tells us about his life in France.. his pregnant wife..the locals trying to fit in , . the builder the lot . Its not plain sailing and at times i thought they were going to give and return to Uk. Its not a laugh out loud book but a couple of times it was a little amusing .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20