Profile for twinmum > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Paris: A Love Story
Paris: A Love Story

3.0 out of 5 stars Comme ci comme ca, 19 Sep 2014
This was a book club read for me. It was readable, but a self-indulgent take on Paris and the life of the author Kati Marton who married two of American's most influential men. If it's a love story in France you're after though, I'd recommend Weak at the Knees as a far more enjoyable story.

What If
What If

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart-warmingly brilliant, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: What If (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazing. It is a must, must, must read. The concept is amazing and I loved the shifting in time and the different points of view. Life is all about 'what ifs' and I love stories about second chances (check out the excellent Now is our Time) and this, for me, was utterly unforgettable. I can't wait to read it again .

Fold
Fold

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fold (Kindle Edition)
I read this after reading The Planner. If you like poker it would help, but it's by no means essential to reading the book. This is essentially about five different characters who play out their lives at the card table. It's exciting, but not as good as The Planner. Nonetheless, a brilliant debut novel.

Where You Belong
Where You Belong

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 19 Sep 2014
This review is from: Where You Belong (Kindle Edition)
I have always been a big fan of Barbara Taylor Bradford and have been reading her books since I was a teenager. This isn't perhaps one of her best, but I still really enjoyed it and for the price, what's to lose? If you like feisty heroine Valentine (which I did) then you'll also like feisty Claire in Now is our Time.

The Planner
The Planner

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Planner (Kindle Edition)
This is the Candide of the 21st century. It was a brilliant take on a dead end work environment and officially my funniest read of the year. Somehow this superb book has got under the radar and not yet made it big time, but it really should. It was BRILLIANT!

My Year Off: Rediscovering Life After a Stroke
My Year Off: Rediscovering Life After a Stroke

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and tearful, 20 April 2014
My husband has recently suffered from a stroke which has been extremely traumatic for the whole family. At times I think I'm still suffering from post traumatic disorder, and this book really offered a lifeline. It was nice to leave my own situation for a while and learn about someone else's. It was amazingly insightful and tearful and I'm sure I will read and reread it.

The Circle
The Circle

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever idea, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Circle (Kindle Edition)
3.5 stars
This was a clever idea which was stretched to its limit. It's sort of like google meets Microsoft. For sheer originality this is definitely worth a read.

Baby, I'm Yours (Life, Love and Babies Book 2)
Baby, I'm Yours (Life, Love and Babies Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars So loved this, 28 Mar 2014
I'm a sucker for a book that's got a baby or pregnancy in it, and this one is brilliant. Great plotline, great characters and I was really invested in the story. If you like this you'll love Lover in Law.

The Rockers' Babies (The Rocker... Book 6)
The Rockers' Babies (The Rocker... Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want it to end, 28 Mar 2014
Wow, wow, wow. What an amazing, rollercoaster of a read - I have just loved this series and like the fantastic Weak at the Kneesthis book was so fabulously emotional from start to finish.

A Hologram for the King
A Hologram for the King

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 28 Mar 2014
4.5 stars
Fantastic account of a sad man's mid-life crisis as he attempts to sell an elaborate software system to an Arab king. Brilliantly perceptive, touchingly human. A must read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5