Profile for P. Hattle > Reviews

P. Hattle (UK)

Live In Toronto
Live In Toronto

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Thankyou, 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Live In Toronto (Audio CD)
It's true what you said on your podcast, the stars have truely aligned with this one. Every now and again a mix comes along where the track selection/mixing makes you drop everything, listen in, put the do not disturb sign up, and say, 'Oh yeah, something pretty special's going down here'. Love it! Thankyou, sir. Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to fall back into this mix :-)

Sasha Involver 3
Sasha Involver 3
Offered by Fulfillment Express

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, but It's a shocker!, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sasha Involver 3 (Audio CD)
Well, I've given this plenty of listens and to be quite honest I've come to the conclusion it's a shocker. In all the 20 years I have been listening to this music I have never heard such a thing. The mixing is appalling/non existent (my dog could mix better than what's on here), the tunes are insipid and shallow and the general quality of the production is just simply poor: played through my speakers the percussion is so dominant it stops you penetrating the music behind - very irritating; and through the headphones, the shallowness of the production just gives you a headache - not an easy listen.

Like another commentator has pointed out, I cannot believe Sasha has mixed or put his name to this. There must either be something very wrong behind the scenes or Sasha has become so tired with electronic music production that he really doesn't care what sort of nonsense he releases anymore. I suppose it begs the question, will this be his last ever release, because going by this contemptuous effort he sounds very tired. If reputation comes before monetary gain, then 3 years to produce this piece of mediocrity seems a lot of wasted effort for nothing.

I give it 2* to replace the review that was mysteriously changed from 2* to 5* with a completely conflicting overview - hmmm, dodgy! In fact I would take all of the 5* reviews with a pinch of salt. Please see the first review posted way before it's release for some potential insights. Sasha/MOS you might fool some of your casual fans, but by the look of it, the fans that have been listening to you for past 2 decades are not convinced - in fact it's a bit of an insult. Never mind, you have my £9 now, I suppose - Enjoy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2013 2:51 PM BST

The Mix Collection Tale Of Us
The Mix Collection Tale Of Us
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Top stuff!, 20 Mar. 2013
I can't believe somebody hasn't written a comment about this CD yet, so I guess it's up to me.

What we have here - for me anyway - is two exquisite mixes jammed packed with brilliant tracks. From the first note to the very last it will have you saying to yourself that Renaissance are truly back. I think this CD epitomizes where Renaissance are at this moment in time, and that is at the very top of their game. They have come back strong since Dave Seaman released his mix back in 2011 and have become stronger with each successive release. Along with Nick Warren's last mix, this latest release is the pinnacle of that progression for me. A true statement of intent that suggests to me they have found themselves again.

Both mixes are deep, funky, powerful, varied, delicate and beautiful all at the same time - just like they used to be. For me, Renaissance is truly back with this one. Brilliant!! Listen to it on your headphones and you will hear it in its full layered magnificence. It truly takes me back. It is a head nodding, cold rush inducing, tear jerking beauty - thanks Renaissance :-) Not that it has ever gone away over the last 20 odd years, but you have re-affirmed my deep love for this style of music.

If you are into this type of music you've probably got it already; If you haven't then get it, it's brilliant.

Paul x (one happy bunny!)

The Masters Series: Nick Warren
The Masters Series: Nick Warren

5.0 out of 5 stars I totally agree!, 22 Feb. 2013
I can't really add to what has already been said, although I would just like to say that both mixes just get better and better everytime you listen to them, just like a great mix should do. Thanks Nick and thanks Renaissance for producing, what for me, is still the best form of electronic music. Keep them coming!

These Hopeful Machines
These Hopeful Machines

1.0 out of 5 stars Fluffy pop music, 25 Feb. 2010
Deeply disapointed with this album. It's nothing more than a collection of saccharine sweet pop songs which Simon Cowell would be proud of. This is not electronic music, and is nothing like ima, ESCM or MISL; so can people please stop saying it is!!!