Profile for Harry Nicholas > Reviews

Content by Harry Nicholas

Harry Nicholas "virtuallydone" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online

3.0 out of 5 stars just my five pennies, 6 April 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The game is pretty lame, my son assures me everyone buys COD for the multiplayer, so I take his word for it.I just wanted to say that I really enjoy the solo play missions and survival, and how disappointed that they are not in Black Ops and BO II.

If you could have customised the survival games, ie no helicopters, or no dogs or all juggernaughts I think it would have been an interesting mode of play. I've spent a year or so getting to level 20-25 in all maps, and level 45 in a few, so it can't be all bad.

Energizer Intelligent AA/AAA Battery Charger UK Plus With 4AA 2000mah Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by Fish-4-u

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps you informed, 1 Feb. 2013
Our old batteries and charger appeared to work, but the batteries ran out fairly quickly (it's 3 years old) this charger tells you if there is a problem with the battery, how long it will take to charge and how it's progressing - brilliant.

Dodgeball/Dude Where's My Car?/Harold And Kumar... [DVD]
Dodgeball/Dude Where's My Car?/Harold And Kumar... [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ben Stiller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun in bulk, 29 Dec. 2012
I was surprised at how much I liked Dodgeball when I first saw it, Ben Stiller seems to have a formula, which is not normally a good thing, but his films always have moments of pure hilarity.
Dude, Where's My Car? was a film I'd been avoiding for years, but when I finally had no way to side-step it any more I wished I'd seen it sooner, totally off-the-wall and unexpected, with something for everyone, and then...and then...
Harold and Kumar I'd been avoiding too, but, apart from the fact Harold should have dumped Kumar ages ago, another stupid premise for a great deal of fun.

3M CraftMount Spray Adhesive - Permanent - 200ml
3M CraftMount Spray Adhesive - Permanent - 200ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 29 Dec. 2012
Sticky stuff in a spray can, where could you go wrong. I've been using 3M Spray Mount since hot wax became redundant in the 80's, and as long as you have a booth, plenty of ventilation, or don't mind stepping into the garden now and then to do your spraying (it's quite smelly, and sticky!), it's just great stuff.

50 x 6x6 (155x155mm) Large Square Quality White 100gsm Envelopes by Cranberry Card Company
Offered by bellenvelopes

5.0 out of 5 stars what it says on the tin, 29 Dec. 2012
These envelopes were perfect for my Christmas cards, right size, good quality. Nothing more to say really, other than no downsides.

Game On: Complete Series 1 - 3 [DVD]
Game On: Complete Series 1 - 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Cottle

3.0 out of 5 stars something different, 29 Dec. 2012
I used to look forward to this every week. I thought, at the time, the Neil Stuke episodes were as good as the Ben Chaplin ones, but at a second glance I was wrong. Stuke is okay, but overdoes it, it's a common substitute - loudness for comedy. Well worth a look though, the first series with Ben Chaplin are great fun, you can see why Hollywood snapped him up.

XBOX 360 Case Opening Tool Kit - Opens controllers as well
XBOX 360 Case Opening Tool Kit - Opens controllers as well
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 31 Aug. 2012
A simple tool for a complicated process. Does what it says though, and the one I bought was a good price.

Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Prometheus [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

2.0 out of 5 stars more one dimensional than 3 dimensional, 31 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Prometheus [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I've enjoyed the Alien franchise, even the prison planet one (!) has it's moments, and Alien resurection was a clever way get get Ripley back in play, with a great cast that was well cast, and a comic-book plot that translated to the screen in an exciting way.
I was really looking forward to Ridley Scott getting back into the saddle, and the thought of a prequel that would explain the creatures, and introduce the mystery of the creators, and a new HAL-like David, seemed like being a hit formula.
I can't help wondering why Scott went for sensationalism instead of story. We have stupid plot points (a stomache operation in machine designed to operate on men, kept by Charlize Theron (sex change victim?), which extracts something, but nothing like the face-hugger or the alien.
We have doors that make wooshes and bangs when opened, but David appears out of nowhere to evesdrop, with a closed door right behind him.
For some reason David infects Charlie Holloway, who turns into a monster, but also bears no resemblance to alien or 'engineer'.
Charlize Theron refuses to allow him on board ship, then proceeds to open the hanger so everyone can walk in....
Well, marvellous effects, I saw it 3D and the 3D worked well, and not ovedone, but I wouldn't go to the cinema to watch it again.
Recommended only for rainy afternoons.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars deep pockets, 6 May 2012
I was a little disappointed when I discovered this was too big to fit into my suit jacket pocket, I'd been looking forward to wiping my nose on what I thought was a pocket handkerchief, but turns out to be some kind of toga wrap, v. upset.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars vegetables devour meat, 6 May 2012
The lady's pink cardigan compliments the texture and timbre of the patty perfectly, when you look at the way her nose wrinkles you can almost smell the warm sticky odour emitted by the mound of meat. Fortunately this pork pile is being swallowed by it's rival on the food-chain, asparagus tips. As we all know the soft minced meat is no match for the point of an asparagus tip and this battle of the foodstuffs will soon be over. This has a Mona Lisa quality about it, the left hand is rejecting, the face is grimacing, but the right hand grips and tugs the plate nearer the subject. One of the 21st century's great photographs. Six or nine of these in a rectangular pattern would not look out of place on the wall of an Ikea display, you could do worse than buy one yourself. Girl's name is unknown.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12