Profile for Uncle Barbar > Reviews

Content by Uncle Barbar
Top Reviewer Ranking: 92

Uncle Barbar (Essex, England)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kiss Me Organics - Matcha Green Tea Powder - ORGANIC - All Day Energy - Green Tea Lattes - Smoothies - Baking - Superior Antioxidant Content - Improved Hair & Skin Health - From Japan! Culinary Grade
Offered by KissMeOrganics

5.0 out of 5 stars An efficient way to gain antioxidants, 1 July 2015
This organic matcha comes in a sealed pouch. The pouch has a zip lock top, but it is completely sealed until you cut it open, so it will stay fresh until you open it. There is no expiry date or manufacture date but I'm presuming that until you open it, it stays fresh. It advises on the packet that it is best consumed within two months after you open it. The only ingredient is 'organic matcha'.
I am not a lover of green tea, however, I keep hearing how full of antioxidants it is so I thought this would be the ideal way to include it in my diet without having to drink it. As I understand it there is the culinary grade and the ceremonial grade and the culinary grade is the one you add to things.
I am aiming at consuming half to 1 teaspoon a day. So far, I have added it into a banana smoothie, some home-made banana ice cream (I have a banana glut, at the moment), porridge, mash potato and yoghurt. It turns everything a marvellous green! But I like green. It tastes okay. (My mother-in-law does the same thing with a cumin!)

It's early days for me to tell if there are any health benefits to be gained because I've only just started using it, but this seems an easy way to get the benefit of the antioxidants in green tea if you're not a fan of the brewed variety.

Hallmark Birthday Wife Traditional 3D Butterfly Card - Large
Hallmark Birthday Wife Traditional 3D Butterfly Card - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Tastful with great words, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very attractive tasteful and traditional card. There is a good quality paper and so inside and you can't go wrong with the words. It looks quite impressive in the flesh. The words inside read: Everything about you makes me so thankful that you're the one who is the love of my life.

Hallmark Birthday Wife Cute Forever Friends 3D Gem Attachment Card - Large
Hallmark Birthday Wife Cute Forever Friends 3D Gem Attachment Card - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Great for fans of Forever Friends. The quality is guaranteed with Hallmark. The words are great although the first line does say: 'I know I don't tell you as often as I should just how much I love you.' So, if you are always telling your wife how much you love her – this one might not be for you.

Hallmark Birthday Mum Cute Forever Friends Lace Effect 3D Card - Large
Hallmark Birthday Mum Cute Forever Friends Lace Effect 3D Card - Large

5.0 out of 5 stars For fans of Forever friends, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a fan of Forever Friends cards so I was pleased to see this one available on Amazon. The quality is guaranteed with Hallmark and you can't go wrong with these words.

[New Release]Selfie Stick, Coolreall(TM) Twist-N-Lock Portable Extendable Pro One-Piece Build-in Bluetooth Remote Monopod Selfie Stick with Adjustable Phone Holder for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5 5s 5c, Samsung Galaxy S6, Android **LIFETIME WARRANTY** - Black
Offered by Coolreall Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy-to-hold self stick., 30 Jun. 2015
This is a very nice quality selfie stick. It comes with its own USB cable. Mine came fully charged but it only takes 60 minutes to charge. The on-off button is on the base of the handle – if you can't find it, where the USB port is. It is compatible with Bluetooth version 3.0 and with android 4.2.2 operating system and i operating system 5.0 or newer. It has a wrist strap and has a very comfy foam grip. It's lightweight weighing 150g and folds up nice and small. The button on the front has a nice positive press. The stick slides out and extends to 34 inches. The phone clips into the holder sideways. You need to pull the grip hooks up quite strongly. The holder is spring-loaded so it grips any phone. There is an adjustment below, so you can adjust the angle of your phone. It comes with full instructions. The device paired up easily with my phone. I can recommend the functionality and quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink

WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar
WOW Toys Pre-School Countdown Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Would suit 3 to 4 to get the best out of it, 30 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is great fun. It's a nice quality item. Wow is by British company although the item itself is made in China. It bears a CE mark and has a reference 10424. There are EU safety standards detailed on the box. It says these toys are safe to be nibbled and chewed. There are no small parts, no PVC and the paint is non-toxic.
It's a foldout interactive 10 day calendar. There is a place where you can place your child's name and you can start your countdown by selecting your figure. The characters are small plastic characters two and a half inches high approximately, you also have two little scooters, one clock (with a dial that goes round), a double sided seesaw, a swing, a table with chairs, and a noticeboard– so there's plenty of interactive fun here for your little one. There are also 10 activity sheets that your child can fill in, one for each day.

This would be suitable for a child just about to start nursery or a child just about to start school, is also a useful teaching toy. The box says it's suitable for a one-year-old upwards. I suppose a one-year-old could play with the bits and pieces and give them a chew but I'm not sure they are going to get much out of the activity sheets or the calendar orl the clock, so I think the age range of 1 to 5 is a bit ambitious. I'm not sure I'd give this as a gift to one or two-year-old. Possibly, a five-year-old may get bored with it quite quickly. I would recommend it for 3 to 4 year-old. It's nicely designed and well made. The only downside is that once your child starts school, there's not much play value left in it, unless you count the figures and their scooters.

Simon & Tom Lips - Increase hydration for naturally plumper more defined lips. Moisturising Evening Primrose and Argan Oil based volumising balm with lip brush. For a perfect pout. 4ml
Offered by Beauty Solutions Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells yummy!, 28 Jun. 2015
This is lovely to use. There is a nice quality brush which comes out of the lid. It look similar to gloss and smells delicious – of peaches. There is nothing worse than having an evil smelling concoction on your lips. You get 12 mL in the pot. I have been using it all week twice a day. It doesn't impart any colour, just a glimmer. The product is easy to apply and pleasant to wear and a little goes a long way.

The instructions suggest not overusing because it may cause a 'numbing sensation' over the lips but it doesn't say how often you may apply it. The question has been answered on the Amazon page, where it suggests that you may apply it twice a day, which is what I have been doing. I haven't noticed any difference in the fullness of my lips but they are feeling marvellously soft and well conditioned. I prefer this to the chapstick I was using, which contains phenol, which I found drying. (Auntie Barbar.)

Brilliant High Quality Jewellery Making Starter Kit - Findings, Beads, Cord, Tiger Tail, Gold Plated Accessories by Kurtzy TM
Offered by Kurtzie - Fast Shipping

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value but no beading thread included in my pack., 26 Jun. 2015
This is a very nice starter kit at a very reasonable price. My kit contained 14 different findings with a good few findings in each packet. I got pierced stud earing findings together with butterflies, fishhook earing findings, lobster clasps, three packets of jump rings in various sizes, two lots of long hook eyes, two packets of long pins useful for earing making, three end caps in different sizes and two packs of cord fasteners in different sizes.

I have to say that I was rather disappointed to receive all these lovely findings with no beading thread because beading thread is shown in the advertisement. It does say 'contents may vary' but I assumed it would be the findings that would vary and there would be some beading. So I would suggest that you don't go by the product information because what the product information says on the Amazon page was not in my kit. So, whilst I can make earrings, I can't make any bracelets or necklaces. Otherwise, great value.

Simon & Tom Soft Peeling Gel - Gentle Facial Cleanser that purifies, removes dead skin cell, excess oil and any traces of make up. Rich in Moroccan Argan Oil and other natural extracts. Suitable for All Skin Types. 50ml
Offered by Your Trading Partner

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert to this., 26 Jun. 2015
This is called Soft Peeling Gel and it is exactly that. I'm a convert. I have quite sensitive skin that gets dry and flaky, but a lot of skin peeling products are too abrasive. This is perfect. It's not abrasive at all and it does the job beautifully. My skin feels unbelievably soft And smoothafter using it. And without causing a hint of redness soreness or irritation. It comes in a very attractive pot and is attractively packaged. You get a generous 50 mL. It goes on clear and has a pleasant scent. You just smooth it on and instantly you can rub it in circles. The gel peels off, taking with it all dead skin cells. Recommended. (Auntie Babar)

Gonex BMX MTB Road Bike Cycling Safety adult helmet black+white
Gonex BMX MTB Road Bike Cycling Safety adult helmet black+white
Offered by Donner-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking helmet - doublecheck sizing for the larger head, 26 Jun. 2015
This is a nice looking helmet that I was sent free for review. I like the black and white look of it with its numerous (25!) air vents and small black visor attachment. It has a decent amount of padding at the front, sides and back given a comfortable fit (but see below) and the meshing is presumably what is meant by “insect absorbent lining”.

It weighs just 229g. It's lightweight but feels reasonably solid and would probably withstand a collision (helmets of this type tend to crack on impact with a solid object – like the ground – but this is expected as it needs to absorb the impact rather than your head!)

It says it is for a head circumference of 54 – 62cm. My head is quite large (around 23 inches/ 58cm) and this helmet only just fits me – it is very snug. I have (obviously) extended the straps/turned the wheel as far as it goes and I would say it ould fit a head no greater than 57cm.

So, I would say that this is a really nice looking helmet and, so long as it is the correct size for your head, it is comfortable and airy to cycle in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20