Profile for Uncle Barbar > Reviews

Content by Uncle Barbar
Top Reviewer Ranking: 20

Uncle Barbar (Essex, England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Regrowz Natural Hair Loss Remedy for 6 Months
Regrowz Natural Hair Loss Remedy for 6 Months

4.0 out of 5 stars In the process of testing, 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's difficult to rate this effectiveness having only just started using it but I will give you an idea of the product. I am in my early 50s with no more than a receding widow's peak. It claims to be into percent natural ingredients. The ingredients appear to include various oils such as coconut , sesame and linseed together with, aloe vera a and extracts such as Berberis and Camellia.

The active ingredient in the scalp stimulant appears to be extract of onion in a glycerin base. Fortunately this is confined with a deodorising agent. The scalp stimulant smells relatively pleasant with the merest hint of its origins. I couldn't put my finger on the smell of the serum but now I have it: is putty. That must be the linseed oil :-). Not unpleasant – unless you have to be a glazier.

In the box are two products, a 25 mL tube of restoration serum and a 25 mL roll-on of scalp stimulant.

The box states that clinical studies have shown a minimum 16% reduction in targeted bald areas over a period of three months. However, it doesn't give any details as to how large the trial was. It does state that users who are younger with small areas of baldness are likely to experience better results sooner.

You apply the scalp stimulant with the rollerball and massage it in. After half an hour you then apply the serum. Massaging it for a minute. The serum is applied every other day in the evening before going to sleep. There is some suggestion there may be some discolouration to pillows which you may need to protect. In the morning you need to wash off the serum with a mild shampoo.

It is suggested that you should see results in the form of fine hair growth within the first thirty days of applying the product. And there should be a noticeable improvement after three months of use.

The instructions suggest that a 25 mL tube of the restoring serum should last one month.

It states that there are no contraindications for use but that you should not use the serum if the cause of the hair loss is unknown, you have broken or sensitive skin, you are suffering from sunburn or psoriasis or you're using any other medication to treat scalp complaints.

This appears to be a pleasant product and I'm a little sceptical as to how effective a combination of oils along with extract of onion will be in restoring hair growth but it will be interesting to find out.

Sealy Select Balance Pillow Protector, White
Sealy Select Balance Pillow Protector, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Give good protection for non-washable pillows., 23 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You get two in this pack. They are zipped at the end and labelled as 100% polyester with a 100% polypropylene filling. They are washable at 40°..They are labelled as hypoallergenic with a two-year guarantee. They come in a nice little plastic presentation pack. They are very nicely stitched and look good quality.

The padding isn't hugely thick. I'm not sure it really makes that much difference comfort-wise if you're hoping that it will soften a firm pillow, I don't think it will. There's probably not much more padding in this than a regular pillow sham.. However they look as if they will protect your pillow from staining. This would be especially useful if you happen to have a non-washable pillow

My only qualm is that I would have preferred them to be cotton but possibly polyester repel stains better and will launder more easily.

Sleep Mask ANKOVO Natural Silk Eye Mask for Light Sleeper,Women,Men,Kids Super Smooth Blindfold for Travel,Shift Work,Meditation
Offered by MeiJi

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could give it more stars, I would., 22 July 2016
I've tried easily half a dozen of these type of sleep masks. I wear one every night.I prefer silk because it is cool in summer and warm in winter is lightweight absorbent and never irritates my eyes or skin.I can confirm that this one is genuine silk.
It has a layer of padding inside and I can absolutely guarantee you cannot see through it. It doesn't have a nose flap at the bottom to block out any lower light that you don't really need it, unless you are trying to sleep in the sunlight, because it's a large size.
It is fully elasticated and adjustable which means it will fit anyone's head.
It's nicely made and well stitched together and is good quality. It's washable at 30°. There is no odour sometimes associated with silk.
The unique thing about this mask is it is so very well priced at £5.99 at time of writing. To be honest, for this price I was expecting something a little smaller or in some way substandard but nothing about the quality or size, or materials is compromised.

I was sent this by the manufacturer at a discount rate in exchange for my unbiased opinion and I can honestly say that you will not be disappointed.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Love Home memory foam back pillow lumbar support pillow with 3d Ventilated Mesh removed cover and Triangle Strap to properly align the Spine and Ease Lower Back Pain (Black)
Offered by LoveHome

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable lumbar support., 21 July 2016
I have tried quite a few lumbar supports in my time. I like this one. The part you rest your back on is gently ridged but you don't feel this. And it's ridged slightly more into your back and there are two slightly curved sides. I have been using this for several days and have been finding it very comfortable and very supportive.The overall width is 16 inches. The length is just over 12 inches. The depth is approximately 3 inches. It gets narrow towards the top. The sizes measure 4 inches because they are slightly curved.

The whole thing is covered with a breathable black fabric. The cushion itself is soft memory foam. It's comfortable to lean on and doesn't dig in. There are no hard edges or knobbly bits. The back in zipped so you can take the cushion out and wash the cover if you wish.

It's good quality and nicely made.

The cover is hand washable.

There is a catch on the back so you can attach it to a chair or car seat. This is adjustable and elasticated. There is also an adjustable but none non-elasticated strap at the top which you can fit over the top of the chair to keep the cushion from slipping down. But you don't have to use this facility.

I was sent this by the manufacture in exchange for my unbiased opinion and I can recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Songmics Garden Kneeler Seat Foldable Steel Tube EVA Foam Kneeling Pad 23" x 10" x 19" (59 x 27 x 48 cm) GGK01G
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful on the knees!, 21 July 2016
I'm delighted with this sturdy kneeler. It comes flat packed but there is no assembly. You simply pull up both sides, they ping into place and it's ready to go. It is well constructed and sturdy. It's also attractive.

As soon as I knelt on it, I knew I was in love. It is so squishy and great on the knees. One good thing about these kneel ifers is that the sides assist you in rising because you can lean on them.
Better yet, you can flip it over and have a nice sit down whenever you like.
The added advantage to this kneeler is that it has a tool pouch attached to the side.
I'm really going to look forward to doing the gardening, now. It has taken the chore out of it.
I was sent this free of charge by the manufacturer in exchange for my unbiased opinion and I can say that I love it.

Sekey®Parasol Cover for Ø300 cm Parasols, 70%PVC30% Polyester, Green
Sekey®Parasol Cover for Ø300 cm Parasols, 70%PVC30% Polyester, Green
Offered by sc_computerecke

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous sized parasol cover, 20 July 2016
This is a sturdy and serviceable parasol cover. It's attractively packaged, well-stitched and nicely put together. It's 70% PVC and 30% polyester. It measures 170 cm In length and 33 1/2 cm width wise. It easily fits over my tall parasol with room to spare. It has a zip down the side and a drawstring at the bottom. According to the packet, it's waterproof.

I was sent this parasol cover by the manufacturer in exchange for my unbiased opinion and I can recommend it.

Sekey®Parasol Cover for Ø300 cm Parasols, 100%Polyester, Taupe
Sekey®Parasol Cover for Ø300 cm Parasols, 100%Polyester, Taupe
Offered by sc_computerecke

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 20 July 2016
This is an excellent quality parasol cover. It's well made from tough nylon. Nicely stitched and looks attractive. It has a drawstring at the bottom.

The measurements are 170 cm long by 33 1/2 cm wide. This fits my tall parasol, no problem, with room to spare at the sides.

The unique selling point to this coverage is that you get a pack of expandable rods which you can feed into the cover so it is easy to pull over the parasol.

The packet says that this case is water repellent, and resistant to mould and mildew stains. It certainly looks very durable.

This is an excellent quality parasol cover and excellent value for money.

Comment Comment | Permalink

Degitel Folding Mini Roof Prism Binoculars Binoculars Telescope for Outdoor Birding, Sightseeing

5.0 out of 5 stars Really are mini, 20 July 2016
It says mini and they really are mini. They fit in the palm of your hand. But they are proper binoculars. They very function. They come in their own little carry case and are ideal for slipping in your pocket whilst you're wandering around the countryside. The don't weigh you down at all. They are sturdily constructed and look quite durable.

I was sent these by the manufacturer in return for my honest opinion and I can say that I love them.

Silentnight Reflex Latex Core Pillow, White
Silentnight Reflex Latex Core Pillow, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Medium support, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is nicely made pillow. It is hand washable. The outside is 100% cotton. There is a mesh wall around the edge for breathability. Inside there is a latex pad covered with polyester hollow fibre. On the firmness rating, it is set at a number 5, which is medium. I would agree that it is a medium firmness. The dimensions of the pillow are 65 cm x 40 cm with a depth of approximately 13 cm.

It's quite soft and comfortable but because of the latex in a core, you can't squoosh it about into a variety of positions. It stays fairly rigid. That said, there is good support for the top of the head with the latex inside and reasonable support for the neck with the hollow fibre covering.

Silentnight Geltex Pillow, Polyester, White
Silentnight Geltex Pillow, Polyester, White

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but pricey, 20 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rated as 7 on their firmness scale. It's 100% polyester. The filling is a combination of 'Geltex' foam' and polyester hollow fibre.

The cover you sleep on is polyester. Below this polyester hollow fibre. In the centre is 5 cm of Geltex foam which has the cooling effect. The pillow is cool to the touch. However, once you've lain on it for what, it warms up and you use this cooling effect to a certain extent.

To give an idea of the depth it's around 12 cm. Dimensions are 66 x 40 approximately.

I will point out that it is not washable, just wipe clean. The is no zip. None of it disassembles.

For what you get, it seems overpriced, though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20