Profile for Uncle Barbar > Reviews

Content by Uncle Barbar
Top Reviewer Ranking: 20

Uncle Barbar (Essex, England)
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Strongest Garden Hose Expandable Hose Pipes Flexible Hose with 7 in 1 Spray Gun Garden Nozzle for Car Washing Home Washing and Gardening Garden Hose Storage Bag Provided ( Green 100FT)
Offered by ADF-LIGHTING

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert to expandable garden hoses., 1 July 2016
I am a big convert to these type of hoses. They are great because you do not need to wind them in when you are finished with them. When you switch them on, they fill with water and gradually expand. I find 100ft in length ideal because this will fit onto my garden tap in my back garden and reach right the way through to the front of my house, so that I can clean the car on the front drive.

This hose comes with brass fittings. With these type of hoses, I sometimes find you need to source an extra coupling to get it to fit your tap. But this shouldn't be a big problem.

The added advantage to this product is that it comes with a useful storage bag.

This type of nozzle has a good selection of settings from gentle spray to a strong jet.

I certainly wouldn't be without an expandable hose because they are so easy and convenient to use.

Kinzd Mens Extra Capacity Leather RFID Blocking Wallet Bifold Trifold Hybrid Black (Black)
Offered by buyftb

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice feel to the leather., 30 Jun. 2016
This wallet comes In a smart black cardboard box. It has a little piece of leather inside to significant that it is real leather and I can confirm that it is leather.
It's black, soft, good quality leather. Its logoed on the front 'kinzd' and also inside.
Inside, you get compartments for notes which are lined and on the right-hand side are three pockets for credit cards. On the other side, you have a flap pocket. Behind this is another concealed pocket with three spaces from credit cards.Opposite that, are another three spaces for more cards. The front flap has a see-through window that will hold a pass.
The great thing about this wallet is that it has the RFID facility, which stops you accidentally buying things through your wallet at the till.

Possible drawbacks: The finish on of the seams​ is just a little gluey but not really enough of an issue to take off a star. I will just mention that there is no press stud or clip to keep it shut.There is no coin holder but you could keep coins in the side pockets under the card holders.

I was sent this wallet at a discount price in exchange for my unbiased opinion.

Rapesco Eco Half Strip Stapler uses Staples 26 and 24/6 mm with 20 Sheet Capacity, Recycled material - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy to use, 30 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this. It feels comfortable in the hand. It's small and easy to store. It has a nice stapling action and it takes regular size staples.

I also like the staple reservoir in the base. That's a very good idea. There is nothing more annoying than running out of staples when you don't have any to hand.

It's a novelty that it's eco-friendly but I'm not complaining I'm all for that.

50FT Dark-green Expandable Hose, Flexible Garden Water Hose with Brass Connector, Super Lightweight for Gardening & Watering
Offered by E-Garden & Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a timesaver, 29 Jun. 2016
This is a great set. I'm a real convert to these stretchy garden hoses and so are all my family. Who wants to spend precious minutes winding up a hose? They expand on their own and – the best part – they contract when you're finished with them. You do need to remember to turn the water off a little while before you need to it to go off because quite a bit of water comes out of the end after the tap switches the tap off. The coupling was too big to attach to my tap, straight off. I needed to source an intermediate connector, but this was no problem.

The good thing about this set is that it's all included, the hose, the spray nozzle and the hose-holder.

Pros:
Solid brass attachments at either end.
Plastic jet spray with silicon easy grip handle which gives you a choice of eight different sprays.
Over-tap holder. No need to fix to the wall. Just hook over your tap, so easy. :-).

I was sent this set by the manufacturer at a reduced cost in exchange for my unbiased opinion. I love it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BU510
Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor BU510

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't throw away the German instructions, the English ones are on the back., 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried quite a few blood pressure monitors and this is one of the better ones. It comes in a grey drawstring carry case and appears well constructed. It takes four AA batteries, which are provided.
This has a lovely big clear display and is easy to use. You simply attach the cuff to the machine, strap it onto your arm and press the big green button. It then takes the reading.
The reading appeared to be accurate for myself and my wife. It gives you the systolic and diastolic pressure readings as well as pulse, date and time. It also flags up any arrhythmia.
The cuff is large – it claims to fit an arm circumference of up to 36 cm.
The machine comes with eight separate books of instructions. Initially, I thought there weren't any English instructions but they are to be found on the back of the German ones. You have to fold the sheet the other way. So, be careful not to throw away instructions that appear unintelligible. You will be needing them.

It also has a memory function whereby you can store up to 90 readings. This is possible for up to 2 users.

It appears to be well made and Is an accurate reading.

Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor MTS
Medisana Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor MTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and helpful instructions, 29 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried quite a few blood pressure monitors and this is one of the better ones. It comes in a fabric grey carry case and appears well constructed. It takes four AA batteries, which are provided.
The reading appeared to be accurate for myself and my wife. This model has an average size cuff.
The machine comes with very comprehensive English instructions explaining how you use the machine and what might influence the reading. (Instructions being one of the things that have let gadgets down previous models.)

It also has a memory function whereby you can store up to 60 readings.

I like this apparatus. It appears to be well made and accurate. It may not be suitable for those who need a larger cuff..

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 103, As If
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 103, As If

4.0 out of 5 stars As if! (Pinky rose), 27 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes with s a hygiene seal. It's a twist up stick with a lid, just like a regular lipstick but the case is very basic. It's a glossy lip tint rather than a lipstick. The consistency is similar to a gloss. Maybe a shade less tacky. So it's quite tacky and smears easily. If it is pleasant enough on the lips. Feels moisturising and not drying. Not a particularly strong odour to it but quite present.
As if! is a pink rose colour. In the pink camp. Quite subtle when on. I would say good for summer. You could also use this over a regular lipstick or lip tint. More suited to the fairer complexion.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a light rosy gloss. I like it.
(Auntie Barbar)

CUBOT Dinosaur Smartphone 4G FDD-LTE 5.5" HD IPS Screen 1280*720pixel 64Bit MT6735A Quad-Core 1.3GHz 3GB+16GB Android 6.0 5.0MP+13.0MP 4150mAh Battery
Offered by Hifone

4.0 out of 5 stars This is undoubtedly a nice phone., 26 Jun. 2016
It always surprises me when manufacturers name their new models. One would have thought that given that you would expect them to want to portray this model as being at the forefront of technology – they give it the tag-line “Stop following, take the lead” for instance then you would have thought the last name they would want to give the model is “dinosaur”! However, it’s a nice looking and large beast (and pretty heavy) so perhaps it is an aptly named model.

It comes with a KMoon stand, which is quite useful. A British style plug for recharge purposes, a compliance regulation booklet and a quick start guide. I’m never much impressed with these quick start guides but this is as good as most. It doesn’t really tell you much about setting much stuff up but as with most smartphone dealers these days it assumes that you know what you need to do to set it up with your mobile phone provider.

Described as a “5.5 inch” model it actually measures around 6 inches by 3 inches. It is a large smartphone – almost a small tablet really and the quality of the picture and screen are excellent. I have been looking at different Cubot models and notice that this model is a 1280 x 720 pixel model but the Cubot X15 is 1920 x 1080 pixels – for a similar price – so I am unsure what the other differences are other than the 3GB rather than 2GB ROM. Both have the same quad core 1.3 GHz processors. So here you appear to have more ROM but less screen pixels – depends what you want from your phone really – if Screen resolution is all important to you (rather than speed of processing ) then you may decide you’d rather the other model – if not then this is the one for you. Either way this does have an excellent screen picture (my friend has the X15 and I honestly could not see any real difference in the screen picture quality – but no I didn’t count the pixels to check…

It is quite a heavy-based at 231 g (which includes its plastic cover and battery). For instance my current 5 inch Smart phone is 131 g - I would have to consider this carefully before I decided to switch from my old phone to this. You concerning fairly in your pocket but that’s more to do with the size than the weight.

It was incredibly simple to set up. I just took the back off the phone and the battery out, and then inserted my current micro-Sim card and a 32 GB micro SD card. I reattached the back, turned the phone on and it registered them both and hooked up to my current mobile phone provider. I then downloaded all of my usual apps from Google play.

All of the standard android settings can be changed, and every bit of software you could ever want is downloadable the press of a button and it is set up with android 6.0.

This is undoubtedly a nice phone. It is chunky, good-looking, runs fast and has pretty much everything you would want to be able to do on a Phone. However, I’m slightly disappointed by its weight and the fact that other Cubot models for a similar price have better cameras and better screens on. Perhaps I have missed this Dinosaur's USP (unique selling point)?

Please note I was sent a sample of this smart phone to give my unbiased opinion and that is what I have tried to do.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2016 12:21 AM BST

MaxHold Suction Soap Dish - Stainless Steel Never Rust - for Bathroom & Kitchen
MaxHold Suction Soap Dish - Stainless Steel Never Rust - for Bathroom & Kitchen
Offered by Max-Hold

5.0 out of 5 stars Fixed up on 24 June 2016.... and counting, 26 Jun. 2016
The soap dish comes with a suction pad which fixes to without screws. These scurrilous fixings are so useful for anyone in rented accommodation who is not allowed to fix things to the walls.

It comes in three parts, the shiny silver plastic suction with knob, the metal holder and the soap dish. You need to slot the metal holder onto the plasticYou need to clean your surface and dry thoroughly. Then press the suction pad onto it. The suction pad needs to be flat rather than complex point stick properly. Then you need to twist the silver knob anticlockwise until it is tight as it will go and the suction is strong.

If you fit it correctly it will very firmly attached to the wall. At any time you can take it off of the wall and reposition it if you need to. You can slightly adjust the metal fixing so that its level.

The soap dish itself: this is white opaque plastic. It comes in two parts. A dish and a slotted lead. You place these two parts onto the metal holder and your soap goes on top. This way, water drains from the soap through the slots in the lid into the tray below. This means that water drains from your soap and is caught in the tray below without it dripping further down.

It all seems well-designed and well made. I can't comment on whether it will rust not because I haven't had it long enough but I will update.

I was sent this free of charge by the manufacturer in exchange for my unbiased opinion and so far I love it.

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 102, Gossip
L'Oreal Paris Infallible Sexy Balm Number 102, Gossip

4.0 out of 5 stars Gossip: Pale peachy shade, 25 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Gossip is a pale coral colour. In the peach camp. I would say good for summer. You could also use this over a regular lipstick or lip tint. More suited to the fairer complexion.
I would recommend this for anyone looking for a light peachy gloss. I like it.
(Auntie Barbar)