Profile for Music Man > Reviews

Music Man (England)

Morphy Richards Vorticity 71080 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Morphy Richards Vorticity 71080 Bagless Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

4.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet, 9 Nov. 2010
Have had this a few weeks. We decided to buy this model and not the slightly more expensive model as the only difference is the additional smaller head for doing the stairs etc. This could be bought as an extra later if needed for the difference in price. (This applied at the time of purchase - I see you can now get the other model for a bit cheaper than before - curses!)

I can't get too over enthusiastic about vacuum cleaners - but this one is really much quieter than our previous Dyson and seems to pick up all the dust etc well on different floor surfaces. A nice change as our previous one only really worked on carpets. It is easy to put together, take apart, change heads etc and also very easy and clean to empty. It is light enough to carry anout easily too - another factor in choosing this vacuum as we tried other makes and most were very heavy.

I see another reviewer has expressed some concern about whether the clips etc on it will break and whether they will last long term - obviously we don't know either but note that nearly all the bits of this machine are available as spares from Morphy Richards should you break something.

The only complaint I have is that when we tried this machine out in a local store holding a promotion, the person wearing the Morphy Richards badge told me that you didn't have to buy any replacement filters for this machine - they were both washable. Now we've bought it, we find one filter is washable (recommended every month)but we have to buy a replacement for the other. This is recommended every 6 months; if you keep to that they will cost £15 per year. Not a fortune but a bit annoying to have been told incorrectly. I have contacted Morphy Richards re this - and been told that the person is not employed by them - might be one of the store staff or an agency person employed to do demonstrations. Anyway not their problem!!

No More Excess, Advanced Digital Luggage Scale
No More Excess, Advanced Digital Luggage Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 2 April 2010
Having read everyone's reviews of various digital scales, I decided to try this as it seemed most liked it and it was one of the cheapest I found. OK, I agree I wouldn't like to try and lift a really heavy bag with it (not sure I could with any scale actually) due to the small handle. However I don't want to weigh luggage at the moment - just my cat. She's been rather poorly and is on new medication and the vet wants her weighed weekly. They suggested bathroom scales but that's useless. These are fine enough to weigh her up to 50 gram accuracy.

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention is the advantage that I can weigh the bag, zero it whilst still holding it and then reweigh with cat onboard and just get the weight of the cat. A big advantage and saves calculations on the back of an envelope! This scale really suits my purpose - guess maybe I'm lucky that she sits quietly; I've seen that other reviewers say the scale isn't so easy to use with something that moves around/heavy bag that swings etc.

M'Bem di Fora
M'Bem di Fora

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful, 8 Oct. 2009
This review is from: M'Bem di Fora (Audio CD)
I must admit that I didn't know anything about this lady but was captivated by her voice when I heard one of the tracks. I realised she was singing in Portuguese and thought, at first, she was Brazilian because a lot of her music has a very latin feel to it. I now know she is from the Cape Verde Islands, although now lives in Portugal. Since I bought the disc many friends are telling me she has appeared on TV here, as well as at festivals etc. Sorry I missed her before but shall look out for her in future.

In summary, I love her music, love her voice - and play this often.

Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W
Philips GC8220 Pressurised Steam System Iron 2000W

5.0 out of 5 stars Boring job made easy, 18 April 2009
From Mrs Music Man:
I've used steam generator irons for the past 20 years or more and wouldn't use anything else. My last iron was over 10 years old but starting to be a bit erratic and so I decided to buy this one based on reviews on Amazon and the Which Best Buy award. Wish I'd bought it sooner! My old iron had to cool down before you could refill it and took about 10-15 minutes to heat up. This one is ready to use in under 2 minutes and you can refill at any time. Really easy to use - gets through the ironing really quickly. The only thing that takes a little getting used to is the noise of the steam generator pump - but this is only for a few seconds and not too frequent.

Sony MDREX32LPB In-Ear Headphone - Black
Sony MDREX32LPB In-Ear Headphone - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Well satisfied, 28 Feb. 2009
Very pleased that these arrived so promptly - only a couple of days after my order. The only think I don't like is that the main lead is so long. Previously I had a different model which was much shorter but had an extension lead you could use if you wanted it longer. You are advised to wind any excess around the ear plug holder - but this seems to leave some bends in the wires. I want these to last longer than the last lot! Having said that I think the sound quality is excellent - and that is what really matters.