Profile for lyrical > Reviews

Beautifully Human: Words & Sounds Vol 2
Beautifully Human: Words & Sounds Vol 2
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Album, 2 Oct. 2009
I bought this album when it was released and have not been able to stop playing it since. As a big fan of Jill's, I love her work and this album definitely has to be one of my favourites within my music collection. I honestly don't think there is a bad song on this album, to be honest. It's very hard to find albums where you tend not to skip your way past a certain song and I don't skip past anything on this, you really can play it from beginning to finish.

Jill Scott is such a beautiful songwriter and that definitely shows within this album. 'Golden' has to be the perfect song whenever you're feeling down, such a perfect song. I would definitely recommend getting this album (if you haven't got it already), it has to be the perfect addition to any music fans collection.

Experience: Jill Scott 826+
Experience: Jill Scott 826+
Offered by Leisurezone

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Special, 2 Oct. 2009
Jill Scott is known for being an amazing recording artist, but she's also known for being great live too. An artist who flips things around and delivers something magical to many a sell out show. She has definitely made a name for herself within music and I am a big fan of hers.

Jill's live work is something special, as she captures your attention from beginning to finish, wets your appetite and leaves you begging for more. This album is a must for your collection, don't be put off by the fact that it's live, this album is definitely very different to her studio albums and gives you more insight into some of the amazing songs Jill has composed over the years.

A truly inspirational talent within music, film, poetry, etc. Jill is definitely one of the best out there.

Live In Paris + [CD + DVD] [Us Import]
Live In Paris + [CD + DVD] [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 2 Oct. 2009
I am a huge Jill Scott fan and this album definitely showcases just how amazing an artist she actually is, infact she could sing the Yellow Pages and it'd be amazing. Jill Scott has a tendency to deliver amazing album after amazing album and although this is a live project, it shows a different side to Jill's work. The live side and how she has the strength as an artist to flip everything on it's head and deliver something just as incredible and magical live, often giving her work a new sound with Jazz elements, etc.

All in all, this is a fabulous album and one I would truly recommend to anyone who appreciates music with passion and a whole lot more besides.

Collaborations [Us Import]
Collaborations [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Album, 2 Oct. 2009
I adore this album and have had this in my collection since it was released, it definitely kept me sweet until her last album was released.

I must point out though that I am a huge Jill Scott fan, but never would I say something is good, if it wasn't. But with that said, there has never been a time when Jill Scott hasn't delivered an amazing album, she has a reputation for being consistent with her works and even though this is only a collaboration album, it definitely showcases how special Jill is within music.

I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

It's Me Again
It's Me Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated Talent, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: It's Me Again (Audio CD)
Although I have had this album since it was released, it definitely remains one of my favourites within my music collection.

Tweet is so underrated within music, even to this day and after being a fan of her for so long, it's hard to understand why. This album truly does showcase her as an amazing artist, an artist who consistently delivers amazing work and this album definitely left me wanting more music from this artist.

Infact, she was all set to release an album a while back, but sadly it was pushed back and was never to be. A great shame.

I would definitely recommend this album to anyone who appreciates great music, you won't be left disappointed.

Southern Hummingbird
Southern Hummingbird

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Debut, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Southern Hummingbird (Audio CD)
I have had this album ever since it was released and still to this very day, you can truly appreciate what a great album it actually is and how talented Tweet is also.

Obviously there are a few standout songs that have lured people into buying this album, but all in all this is a pretty strong debut from someone who I feel is very underrated within music. A fantastic album you just have to own, infact your collection is crying out for an amazing album like this one, worth every penny.

Birth of Cornelius
Birth of Cornelius

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Album, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Birth of Cornelius (Audio CD)
I adore this album, it makes you wonder why Corneille never released an English language album sooner.

There isn't one bad song on this album, you can listen to it easily from beginning to finish and that truly is the sign of a fantastic album. This album has elements of R&B/Soul in it and is definitely very underrated, in my opinion. I can only hope that there are more English language albums to come from this amazing artist, as the majority of his work tends to be in French, which isn't a problem, I could easily listen to a French language album (there's something beautiful about foreign language albums), but it's better when you know what the person is singing about.

I would definitely recommend this album to anyone who appreciates great music.

World Outside My Window
World Outside My Window
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: World Outside My Window (Audio CD)
I bought this album back when it was released and it's still just as good now, it's actually being played right now, I can't believe I hadn't reviewed it much sooner.

This album for me is always something I refer back to when playing music, not only because Glenn Lewis is one of my favourite artists, but also because this album really put his name on the map of modern Soul music. There really isn't one bad song on this project, not one at all. I can listen to the album from beginning to finish and that's something special, as most albums tend to have a few standout songs, but this is definitely an exception. Not one bad song on this project at all and all showcased beautifully with the smooth vocals of Glenn Lewis, who in my opinion is incredibly underrated. His talent has definitely slipped under the radar within music and yet, he continuously delivers great material at all times. Even now, he is still showcasing how good he is, whether it's on his MySpace or wherever.

It's such a shame that this album went virtually unrecognised. I would recommend this album to anyone who does not have it already, a definite must for your music collection.

Metropolis: The Chase Suite [Special Edition]
Metropolis: The Chase Suite [Special Edition]
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars So Underrated, 2 Oct. 2009
It's such a shame that this EP didn't get more love, it's so good. I bought it digitally the year before this was released officially and I've been loving this project ever since.

Janelle Monae is a talent that should be nurtured within music and especially as she's signed to Bad Boy, they have a tendency to sit on artists they sign in favour of promoting the more successful ones, I hope that does not happen with Janelle. This EP is said to be the first of a series, so I hope the others are surfacing some time soon, if this project is anything to go by, they will no doubt be just as good.

I would recommend this to anyone who appreciates artists who are always willing to do their own thing and Janelle Monae does just that, she does her own thing, never one to be branded like the thousands of other artists out there, Janelle will no doubt be around within music for a very long time.

BOOGIE 2NITE
BOOGIE 2NITE

1.0 out of 5 stars No, Thanks., 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: BOOGIE 2NITE (Audio CD)
I was first put off this album when I heard their monstrous version of a classic song by Tweet, 'Boogie 2nite', which is most definitely best left to the original artist. Then came their version of 'Shine', which in comparison to the original by the late, Luther Vandross, is nothing and lacks that soul that the original demonstrated.

On top of what was mentioned above, the album really doesn't do anything for me. I'm not the biggest fan of this kind of music. If you like this kind of music, then go ahead, this album might just be for you, but I don't like it at all. Also, the songs they covered are definitely best left to the original artists. They ruined them, in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6