Profile for KevineJ > Reviews

Our Lady Of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa
Our Lady Of Kibeho: Mary Speaks to the World from the Heart of Africa
by Immaculée Ilibagiza

5.0 out of 5 stars SIMPLY INCREDIBLE!, 21 May 2012
This book was so beautiful and incredible and further opened my eyes to the beauty, love and greatness of our Lord's beloved mother the Virgin Mary. The experiences of these girls who had the immeasurable honor of seeing and speaking to Our Lady are so stunning and so well told by Immaculee Ilibagiza that anyone reading this will without a doubt be brought closer to God and cement their belief in the power and greatness of Our Lady of Kibeho. Her choice to appear in this most remote part of the world also once again reminded me how we are ALL children of God. I actually did not want the book to end because I loved it that much!

The Boy Who Met Jesus: Segatashya Emmanuel of Kibeho
The Boy Who Met Jesus: Segatashya Emmanuel of Kibeho
by Immaculée Ilibagiza

4.0 out of 5 stars Cemented my faith forever, 21 May 2012
A great story that is a true testament to how God sees, knows and loves ALL of his people, even the least likely and most remote of us. My faith in God has been further cemented after reading this incredible story of this most unassuming boy who had the greatest honor of seeing and communicating with our dear Lord Jesus Christ. It offers a lot of explanations to our most burning questions so beautifully because of the loving, gentle nature of the relationship between Segatashya and our Lord. Thank You once again to Immaculee Ilibagiza for bringing the world this story in a time when the world so desperately needs it.

By Myself and Then Some
By Myself and Then Some
by Lauren Bacall

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected---in a good way!, 21 May 2012
I picked up this book completely randomly from a pile of books when I was looking for something to read back at school 3 years ago. It turned out to be the best autobiography I have ever read---and trust me I've read a lot, being such a fan of them. Like someone said, the book is really kind of divided into 3 parts; her childhood and earlier pre-Hollywood/superstardom life, then her Hollywood life and marriage to Bogie, and finally her life after Bogie's death after 1957. The earlier years sort of dragged on for me but the second part about how she came into Hollywood and after were just amazing. I could hardly keep the book away from my eyes. The beginning and development of her relationship with Boggie was so captivatingly written. It was so impeccably told and so vivid, I could just SEE it! And I believe that her and Bogie's relationship was without question one of the greatest and realest love stories of all time. Now what I did not expect at all was how sad it was. During the parts about Bogie's cancer and his death, I bawled my eyes out. I really could not stop, I absolutely WEPT! On the whole, its a beautiful story, about a REAL woman who has had REAL life experiences, good and bad times, good and bad choices made along the way. DEFINITELY recommend!