Profile for Laura > Reviews

On the 6 (1999) [US Import]
On the 6 (1999) [US Import]
Offered by Telstar Entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but she can and does better, 17 Nov. 2006
Jennifer Lopez's debut album is a mixture of different styles and sounds but is fairly subtle in doing this. There's pop, latino, rnb and a bit of dance added into some of the songs (especially Waiting Fot Tonight). If you like your pop music you should like this.

However, I only gave this album 3 stars because no way are all the tracks good. They can get all to samey, but then again there are quite a lot of songs on the record.

I have about 5 songs that I really really like, these are;

- Let's get loud, a fiesty girl powered latino dance number.

- Feelin' so good, has a heavy, pure Rnb vibe and features rapper Fat Joe. Third single to be released.

- Baila, probably the most lively and energetic song out of the lot, is strongly influnced by Jennifer's latino backgound. Totally amazing and completely different from anything else on the album. Took me a few listens to get used to it though.

- If you had my love, debut single for the singer/actress and the one you've most likely heard before. Is first and foremost a pop song but is Rnb driven. The kind of song you can't but help to singalong to.

- Waiting for tonight, my (current) fave song. Is always changing between this and If u had my love. Her second song that was released as a single. I love this song because I can listen to it again & again and to me it always sounds fresh and new, not several years old like it is. Is a latino dance song, and just makes me want to get and dance to the beat.

If you are reading this review and are possibly thinking of buying this album, of course I'm going to say buy it. If you like your pop music, latino and/or maybe dance I recommend it. And as I chose this album to do my first review that should say something too!x