Profile for Patricia A. Mcbride > Reviews

Content by Patricia A. Mc...

Patricia A. Mcbride "Patricia McB" (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Art of Photography (Digital Photography Book 2)
The Art of Photography (Digital Photography Book 2)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, easy to read book, 25 May 2014
Having just bought a new, high tech digital camera, I found it was offering me setting choices I didnt understand. Additionally, I hope to write some travel articles and offer photos alongside them. This book met both needs. It is written in an easy to understand style, and there is a helpful glossary too.
Wonderful photographs illustrate techniques described throughout the book.

Truly Gluten Free: 25 Low Carb Recipes for IBS and other Digestive Issues (Managing and Healing IBS and Other Digestive Problems Book 3)
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 14 April 2014
As someone who has only recently been diagnosed with Coelic Disease, I have been feeling pretty deprived of many of the foods I previously enjoyed. The recipes in this book go a very long way towards making feel better about this. There is a good selection of recipes and I particularly liked the Cherry and Almond Scones.
Anyone who needs to eat gluten free would enjoy these dishes.

NEW WOMEN'S 3/4 UNDER KNEE LACE LENGTH STRETCH QUALITY LEGGINGS (Medium UK 12, Black)
Offered by Angel Accessorize
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Well fitting leggings, 26 Mar 2014
These leggings fit very well, are soft and pleasant to the touch. Although I've tried them on, I haven't worn them yet but expect them to wash well.

How to Survive Her Menopause: A practical guide to women's health for men
How to Survive Her Menopause: A practical guide to women's health for men
Price: 5.53

5.0 out of 5 stars A practical, easy to read guide for men, 3 Mar 2014
I downloaded this book because I was looking for straightforward advice on dealing with the menopause so that I could pass it on to my husband. I was not disappointed. The author writes clearly and is very knowledgable about the subject. I like the positive, can-do approach.

Each chapter is brief enough to take in at one sitting. There is a wealth of practical, easy to apply, advice. Much of this is made easier to apply with the worksheets that are either at the back of the book or downloadable from a website. What I didn't expect, and what was very useful, was advice on dealing with prostate issues which affect so many men.

A really worthwhile read.

Ideas for Writers of Mystery and Suspense
Ideas for Writers of Mystery and Suspense
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with great ideas, 22 Feb 2014
After writing my first novel 'Winner Takes All' http://amzn.to/1nVe4UJ I was looking for ideas for a plot for a sequel. This book, as with Dave Haslett's other books, is packed with inspirational ideas. The author writes clearly and succinctly. This is the third of his books I have purchased and can recommend them all.

Secrets of a Spiritual Guru: Real Estate, Yoga & Lies
Secrets of a Spiritual Guru: Real Estate, Yoga & Lies
Price: 3.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty book that will make you smile, 14 Feb 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The heroine is wacky yet resourceful. I love the way she adapts to the new roles in her life (don't want to say more for risk of being a spoiler). A light and very enjoyable read.

Ideas for Short Story Writers (Ideas for Writers)
Ideas for Short Story Writers (Ideas for Writers)
Price: 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of great ideas, 6 Feb 2014
Although I have had several self help books published and have one novel on kindle (Winner Takes All), I had never really attempted to write short stories. This was mostly because I somehow couldn't think of plots that would fit into the shorter format.
Dave Haslett's book is crammed with plot ideas, so much so that even if you don't use any of them, they trigger ideas. I have now entered two short story competitions, using ideas sparked by plots in the book.

Plot Ideas for Fiction Writers (Ideas for Writers)
Plot Ideas for Fiction Writers (Ideas for Writers)
Price: 3.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 6 Feb 2014
Having just put my first novel, Winner Takes All, onto kindle, I was searching for ideas for a second novel. Dave Haslett's book is just full of ideas and made me want to start planning several books. Highly recommended for people who want fresh ideas.

247 Jokes For Kids. Hilarious, Clean And LOL Kids Jokes
247 Jokes For Kids. Hilarious, Clean And LOL Kids Jokes
Price: 1.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Corny but funny, 11 Dec 2013
These are the sort of jokes that make adults smile and groan and make kids giggle. Good stuff. If you want to amuse your children, this book will certainly be fun.

Titles & Covers That Sell - How to Create a Killer Title and Captivating Cover to Maximize Your Book Sales
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars short, practical guide, 2 Nov 2013
I have appreciated the many useful tips throughout this book. As a result I plan to look again at the cover for my book Time Management for the Office [...] I will follow Anbu's advice and make it look like a series with my next book too, How To Be Assertive. I recommend Anbu's book to any author pondering the many decisions to be made about cover design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6