Profile for flashesandsounds > Reviews

Content by flashesandsounds

flashesandsounds

The Flash Photography Field Guide: Shaping the light to suit your photographs (Photographer's Field Guide)
by Adam Duckworth
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely useful and easy to read!, 19 Oct 2012
What a fantastic little book! I recently bought my first external flash for my DSLR and was a bit at loss on how to make the most of it, so I decided to buy this book. Im so glad I did! What a lovely little piece of photo literature I got, it does exactly what it says in the cover and much more.

Its pocket size makes it easy to carry it with you everywhere in your camera bag, very handy. The text is written in an easy to understand & fun way - its a very nice read and the information is displayed in a very clear and organized way. The photo examples are fab as well to understand lighting and how you can make most out of it - both studio and outdoors shots where we can see the different lighting techniques you can use your flash for. It also covers equipment such as beauty dishes, umbrellas, reflectors etc.

To sum up, if you are new to external flash photography and are not sure really where to start, or if you just want to learn about the different kinds of light and techniques you can use when shooting portraits / studio sessions, this is the book for you!