Profile for Maria J > Reviews

Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer
Everything Belongs: The Gift of Contemplative Prayer
by Richard Rohr

3.0 out of 5 stars The Value of Contemplative Prayer., 22 Aug 2014
I have just started to read this book, but already I am immersed in the immense value of Contemplative Prayer. Richard Rohr believes this is the only way to true Tranformation.He has great insight from his own experience. I would love to visit his Centre for Action and Contemplation in Mexico.

Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi
Eager to Love: The Alternative Way of Francis of Assisi
by Richard Rohr O.F.M.
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Letting go of our False Self and discover who we really are in God., 22 Aug 2014
I have read a lot of books by Richard Rohr. His books are so full of great Spiritual Truths. He uses the Way of Francis of Assisi as does Eckhart Tolle. He invites the reader to live totally in the Present Moment. To let go off all our baggage + wounds from the past .Living only in the present moment can we experience our True self and we can find deep inner healing, stillness, peace and joy.

Mystical Heart: Fifty-two Weeks in the Presence of God
Mystical Heart: Fifty-two Weeks in the Presence of God
by Edwina Gateley
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight into the Presence of God !!!!!, 14 Aug 2014
I love this book and keep underlining and re- reading sections of it each day. So glad I discovered this particular book. I would recommend it to any woman who needs to discover her Mystical Heart

Psalms of a Laywoman
Psalms of a Laywoman
by Edwina Gateley
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Journey into God's Heart., 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Psalms of a Laywoman (Paperback)
This book is a precious source for any one on a spiritual journey into the Heart of God. for me it is 'priceless'

Inner Talk for Peace of Mind (Fear-Less Series)
Inner Talk for Peace of Mind (Fear-Less Series)
by Susan Jeffers
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 8.23

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read Susan Jeffers book ' feel the Fear and do it Anyway. I found it very helpful and wanted her CD for relaxation and wi, 15 July 2013
It is a very good CD for those who are seeking to find peace of mind in a ever busy world of techcnology another way to relate to the world and live at a slower pace.

Silence: The Mystery of Wholeness
Silence: The Mystery of Wholeness
by Robert Sardello
Price: 11.34

3.0 out of 5 stars The value of Silence in our every day life to be in touch with our inner selves in a world of instant technology and busyness, 15 July 2013
I like all books on Silence. This one had been recommended to me, and I enjoyed reading it, and the value of Silence in getting in touch with ourselves and how this leads to a sense of Wholeness.

Come before Winter and Share My Hope
Come before Winter and Share My Hope
by Charles R. Swindoll

3.0 out of 5 stars Charles Swindoll his 'lectures' given to his students at the Theological College in Dallas Texas, 15 July 2013
I enjoyed reading this book, but it wasn't an easy read for me. I had ordered it because I had read his message to his students at Theological course on 'Attitude' in which he said that events in life is 10% of what happens to us in life and
90% of our attitude to these events. the book was okay but not as good as I expected.