Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

TALA FRIDGE/FREEZER THERMOMETER 0/6
Offered by ViaGenius
Price: 4.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Very inaccurate, do not buy, 27 Sep 2013
As described in other reviews, this wasn't at all accurate for me. Unfortunately I left it too late to return to Amazon but now have a digital replacement which is actually reliable.

Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)
Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)
Price: 349.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe all the hype!, 17 Mar 2013
I loved Sonos to start with, bought three Play 5's and a Play 3. However love has turned to hate and I've never wanted to throw a tech product through the window as much as this.

The problems starts when a Play is turned off at the mains, even worse if it's in a stereo pair. The pair becomes lost from the controller and no amount of factory resets, router resets etc. will fix it.

Seriously Sonos, at least provide an option for more detailed error reporting so we know what could be wrong!

Argh!!!!!!

Edit: Sorted out the problem which was probably caused by having a second bridge on a different IP range, so not all Sonos's fault, but I still think they need better error reporting. HAve amended review from 1 to 3 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2013 8:11 PM GMT

The Passivhaus Handbook: A practical guide to constructing and retrofitting buildings for ultra-low energy performance
by Janet Cotterell and Adam Dadeby
Price: 21.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The UK badly needed this book, 12 Feb 2013
I was so glad to see this book was being written and even happier when I received it in the post and read through it. It covers pretty much everything one might need to know on Passivhaus issues, everything is explained in an easy to understand fashion but with good amounts of detail too.

It really is a must buy for anyone with an interest in Passivhaus principles.

Berghaus Touch Screen Glove - Black, Small/Medium
Berghaus Touch Screen Glove - Black, Small/Medium

1.0 out of 5 stars I also found these awful, 13 Dec 2012
I bought a pair from another shop and they only lasted about 4 wears before the seams started coming apart. I managed to get a refund fortunately.

It has put me off buying any other Berghaus product as they are such poor quality.

Really do avoid!

Garnier Ambre Solaire Kid SPF30 High Protection Moisturising Spray with Cactus Nutriflavones & Vitamin E 200ml
Offered by Bellaella-co-uk
Price: 10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and worked well, 2 Aug 2010
I used this with an Ambre 20 SPF sun screen and both worked very well, with my only burnt patches the places I missed.

OXO Good Grips Ice Cream Scoop (points)
OXO Good Grips Ice Cream Scoop (points)

3.0 out of 5 stars Also flaking, 2 Aug 2010
My scoop has also started flaking but am posting it back free post for a replacement, so am pleased with the customer service. I think I will hand wash the next one and hopefully it won't flake.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2012 10:47 PM BST

Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Pest-Stop Electronic Rat Killer
Price: 37.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Rats are too clever, 16 Mar 2010
I have been trying peanut butter mixed with fish sauce (apparently this is a good bait according to a google search).

But I have a surveillance camera pointing into my back garden and can see the trap and the two rats I've nicknamed speedy and greedy. They just walk up to the trap, smell it and run off, so must sense it won't do them any good. They seem content raking up my garden to find grass seed.

I'm going to try some muesli next but am not that hopeful.

Through my watching of my two new friends, I've found they can climb walls, something I never knew! Sliding up between a gutter and a wall.