Profile for P. Smith > Reviews

Content by P. Smith

P. Smith "tebcrot" (South London)

1280P HD 2.5" LCD NIGHT VISION CCTV IN-CAR DVR ACCIDENT VIDEO PROOF CAMERA Video Recorder
Offered by JP Domi®

2.0 out of 5 stars Screen went very quickly., 12 Nov. 2013
The initial joy of a great device was short lived. The screen failed after a handful of usage. Still recording though.
Buy cheap, buy twice.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain buy, 29 Jun. 2009
Brought for an 8 hour flight and they were perfect. They were much better than the headphones supplied by Virgin. The splitter allowed two of us to listen to the same programme. They did not get uncomfortable during the flight at all.
Testing them against my noise blocking eshure, they are not as good, but they are no where near the cost. I would recommend them for flights.

iPod / iPhone 3G Mains Charger
iPod / iPhone 3G Mains Charger
Offered by U-ESSENTIALS ( UK SELLER, DELIVERY IN 2-3 DAYS , NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE )

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the box, 29 Jun. 2009
Brought two (one of the other half). Both arrived quickly. Plugged in and charged the iphone and ipod. What more could you ask for?

Casio Men's Watch Radio Controlled WVQ-620DE-2AVER
Casio Men's Watch Radio Controlled WVQ-620DE-2AVER

5.0 out of 5 stars James Bond would have been proud of, 29 Jun. 2009
This watch can always be found on my wrist. The blue face looks so much better than the black. It is lighter than other similar makes. Never had battery issues (just left it by a window once a week) and at worst it has been one second out (after 8 months of wearing).
There are a couple of little annoying things. If the hands start moving around (e.g. you go to the alarm option and it trying to move to 6pm) then you have to wait until they finish. Also, it doesn't always sync with the radio signal (it's been a week now, but it's timekeeping is great so I'm not bothered).
But I wear it pretty much everyday. So it get's my full approval.

Mirror Effect Screen Protector for iPhone 3G
Mirror Effect Screen Protector for iPhone 3G
Offered by TechShoper

2.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want a mirror, not a phone, 29 Jun. 2009
The two stars isn't for the supplier or the quality of the product. It arrived promptly and provides adequate protection for the phone. But unless you're a night owl you will struggle to use your phone. The mirror works ok but in bright light you don't stand a chance at seeing the screen - even at full brightness. I've found myself trying to find dark corners to see what I'm doing. It really shows the fingerprints on the phone which also makes the mirror less effective. I will be taking mine off. Personally, it doesn't suit the iphone - it hides the wonderful gadget it is.

Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker with Raisin/Nut Dispenser
Panasonic SD255 Breadmaker with Raisin/Nut Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars Top marks, 29 Jun. 2009
Brought this in June 2009 because not only did it have 5 stars from 200+ ratings but also it was top in most reviews. The box isn't the prettiest but it's about the functionality with this gem. The first loaf I tried was curry and mango. 4 hours later I had a medium loaf enough for 3 days food. As long as you following the instructions, it's simple and you create the perfect loaf. Obesity here I come!

Black rubber case & screen protector Accessories for apple iPhone 3G
Black rubber case & screen protector Accessories for apple iPhone 3G

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchy feey, 19 Sept. 2008
I haven't tested the protection aspect (hopefully never will) but for sheer look and feel it gains five stars.
Ordered on the Monday, arrived Wednesday. Fits well, the plastic protection went on easy.
But it is how the rubber feels that makes it special. I don't want to put my phone down. Well worth a fiver.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value - if you have a spare fuse, 13 July 2007
I would like to give this speaker system 5 stars, but I cannot. The first system which arrived did not work and had a speaker cable missing. But Amazon did turn around a replacement a couple of days later. But it did mean that I had to stay at home another day. It worked for half a day until the fuse went (which could have been the problem with the first speaker system). But a quick check on the Logitech help site showed the fuse spec (FUSE,2A,SLO BLO,5X20MM,250V,BEL 5HT2) and a trip to Maplin (10 fuses for £3) meant I was back in business. And since then it's been as good as gold and really enhances the cinema experience in my living room. If it wasn't for the return, it would get 5 stars.

Samsung LE40M87BDX/XEU - 40" Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview
Samsung LE40M87BDX/XEU - 40" Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD TV - With Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints whatsoever, 25 Jun. 2007
Fabulous tv for the money. If you are considering this tv the first thing you need to do is get yourselves down to Currys or Comet - don't just read the specs, they don't give the full picture (sorry about the pun). Currys displays most of these tv's with the same signal (through an S-video connection) so you can compare like for like. Then pop into Comet and look at the tv connected to a HD-DVD or BluRay device (since Comet tend to bundle). Then buy the tv you want on the net. I chose the Samsung because it looked the best in the two shops - compared to the Sony, Sharp and Panasonic (more expensive) equivalents. I cannot fault this tv. The SD signal looks initially rubbish but a quick check on avforums for the settings solved that. I brought the Samsung 1080p upscaling DVD player as well which transforms your dvds and plays my DivX movies (and the regional unlocking code can be found here on Amazon). The tv remote operates the DVD player as well. Bonus! I cannot find fault with the tv. The sound, picture in picture, freeview and picture are all perfect. My best purchase this year.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2007 2:15 PM GMT