Profile for Nessa > Reviews

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully written book, 6 Dec 2007
This review is from: The Kite Runner (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a friend and I loved it! It is so beautifully written and really captures the emotions well. I am sad that they are making it into a film as I doubt they will be able to capture the feeling that the book manages to to effortlessly.

Since reading I have become increasingly curious about the history of Afghanistan (apologies for spelling) and it is interesting to see it through the eyes of a "local".

Despite loving this book I really disliked the protagonist since the event that happened near the beginning of the book. I therefore found it harder to relate to him through the rest of the book. I'm not sure if this was the writers intention but it still kept me hooked.

It definately warrants 5 stars!

Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 2.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 6 Dec 2007
I was dubious about going to see this film as there had been so much hype created. I think that it is definately a 'boys' film but despite that I found it hilarious. I was unsure whether the locals in the film knew they were being put up or whether they thought that it was real. I felt slightly sorry for them if they thought it was real but it made for some great comedy!

Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Shrek The Third (Shrek 3) [DVD] (2007)
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 6 Dec 2007
I really enjoyed the first 2 Shrek films but I feel that they should have stopped there. While this film still has laugh-out-loud moments, it lacks the excitement of the former films. They stuck to the original format which makes it feel that they are re-hashing old story lines. I still enjoyed this film but not as much as I had hoped to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2007 6:31 PM GMT

Davina - High Energy Five [DVD]
Davina - High Energy Five [DVD]
Dvd ~ Davina McCall
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 5 Dec 2007
I am a big fan of Davina in her own right and I love this DVD.

I like the fact that there are 5 different sections of the workout so if you don't feel like doing all 5 at once you can pick and choose but still do the warm up/cool down.

She also suggests doing 2 sections 3 times a week so you really can pick and choose depending on what area you think needs the most work.

A great DVD for post-Xmas "holiday weight"!

Roary The Racing Car: Roary's First Day [DVD]
Roary The Racing Car: Roary's First Day [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Kay
Price: 3.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids DVD, 14 Nov 2007
My son loves Roary and he enjoys the extras where he can "meet the characters" and then test himself. A good kids DVD.

The Great British Pub Quiz - All New 2008 Edition [Interactive DVD]
The Great British Pub Quiz - All New 2008 Edition [Interactive DVD]
Dvd ~ Great British Pub Quiz
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun!, 14 Nov 2007
This is the first pub quiz dvd i have ever got and I am very impressed. The graphics look great. I like that you can choose how many teams you want and can pick a suitably cheesy team name.