Profile for nickinooski > Reviews

Content by nickinooski

nickinooski (cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2
In the Heart of the Sea: The Epic True Story that Inspired 'Moby Dick' (Text Only): The Epic True Story That Inspired "Moby Dick"

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome and unforgrtable and really interestig, 19 Feb. 2015
this is one of my favourite books i have ever read! i highly recommend it. A great read that you won't put down.

The Sisters Brothers
The Sisters Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 8 Aug. 2014
a fantasic book :) recommended ended to me, i wouldnt have normally opted for a spaghetti western genre but i loved it! and was disappointed when i finished it.

QuickTide South West 2014/2015
QuickTide South West 2014/2015

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product -genius invention, 4 Mar. 2014
I have been buying this product for many years (it has a 2yr life cycle) excellent value for money and very easy to use. Extremly happy.

Bosch 2605438091 Plastic Case 388 x 297 x 144 mm for PSM160A multi sander
Bosch 2605438091 Plastic Case 388 x 297 x 144 mm for PSM160A multi sander

1.0 out of 5 stars disapointed, 4 Mar. 2014
This case does not fit the Bosch 160A sander, a waste of time ordering it because it was not fit for purpose or as described and had to be sent back. However it is very well made and looks strong and durable, im not doubting the quality it just dosent do what it was sold to do :-(

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but brilliant! Very happy with my purchase :-D, 13 Oct. 2012
After seeing sn advert in my running magazine for these, i decided i needed to replace my expensive Seinhenzer earphones that i had ruined wearing them in the rain. I shopped around loads and read the American amazon reviews before buying these and actually bought them off the shelf in John Lewis,but im glad i got them. Spending £129.99 on a pair of headphones is pretty ridiculous but I feel that I will get my money's worth out of them, the ear shape fits well and they don't block out all the sound of traffic, but i don't have my music on too loud anyway.

I definatly think these are prob a bit more hygienic and better for the inside of your ears when it's raining or you get sweaty.

I have an iphone4 and the sound is good, the mic is handy to adjust the volume and you can "ask for more songs like this..." and decline calls or i guess answer them?!?? The arm band is the best I have had, not pinching my skin and its secured with Velcro. There is a good connection at the jack point too.

Good indulgent purchase, although its the equivalent to two pairs of trainers.... It's worth it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Jan. 2012
very easy to use and I wouldn't use anything else. I have always used timex ironman watches for running because they are so reliable. I am not disappointed and have recommended this watch to many others.

Olympus TG-810 Digital Camera - Black (14MP, 5x Wide Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD
Olympus TG-810 Digital Camera - Black (14MP, 5x Wide Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 26 April 2011
I really rate and highly recommend this camera after owning it for 3 weeks!

I bought this model for its waterproof and drop proof feature as i was going swimming and climbing in scotland in the clouds, sun and snow taking pictures of people and a vartiey of landscapes. I have used digital cameras before and thought at first this was just "another good one" but it is pretty amazing, its very clever and has a fantastic panoramic setting as well as many other settings, its taken me a little while to get to know the camera but once i have played around with it i feel confident it will take great pictures. A few friends who are into digital camera were very impressed by mine and are keen to treat themselves to this one. The only down side was it could potentially run out of battery (maybe after a whole day) so i am going to get a second battery as a back up when i do another long trip but we charged up the camera at regular intervals with the usb cable in the car so it wasnt a problem. It is slightly heavier than most digital cameras but it isnt bulky and it fitted nicely into my pocket or bag without getting in the way or weighing me down. Lovely bit of "kit"!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2011 11:27 AM BST

Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design
Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design
by Debbie Millman

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 1 Jun. 2010
This is a lush book, and its interesting and so very beautiful. I bought it for my sister who loved it!

The Biz: 50 Little Things That Make a Big Difference to Motivate Your Team
The Biz: 50 Little Things That Make a Big Difference to Motivate Your Team
by David Freemantle

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 1 Jun. 2010
A useful and helpful and thought provoking book. You too will be a superboss!

Doghouse [DVD] [2009]
Doghouse [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Danny Dyer

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not even a good "rubbish" horror film -if that makes sense?!??, 1 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Doghouse [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Save your money and get Shaun of The Dead or buy it if you are only really desperate. The only tiny hint of a reason for the zombie lady killers was a candiate for an up coming election -it really didnt make sense... they should have saved that bit for the extras. The film was rubbish and I normally like films like this and in a nice way find Danny Dyer midly irritating, amusing and annoying. It only reason to watch it is to see the fat bird get runover and the end scene. The worst/annoying thing is that if you buy it you will have no only parted with your money but you will have it in your collection and it will be pointlessly just sitting there.

It's not even a good "rubbish" horror film -if that makes sense?!??

Page: 1 | 2