Profile for Cm Riley > Reviews

Content by Cm Riley

Cm Riley

Page: 1 | 2
Sony X280 Wireless Speaker Docking Station with Bluetooth & Lightning Connector for Iphone 5 5c 5s 6 6 Plus / Ipad Mini / Ipad Air
Offered by Electric Mania Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, excellent sound, 9 Feb 2013
Having used this for some weeks now, I am ready to review it. If like us, you are a normal music listener (ie not seeking perfection acoustically, unable to differentiate subtle tonal differences in esoteric tracks) you should not be disappointed with this. It fills our 6m by 5m (3m high) lounge beautifully and on just setting 9 produces perfect background sound for reading to. using an iphone for radio via internet (tunein app) it is clear and track music via playlists are lovely to listen. If you want more volume, a party say, it can achieve this with only a slight lowering of quality at the very loudest setting, which you don't need to use anyway as the high volumes under the max are plenty loud enough.

We bought the version with the rechargeable battery for use in the workshop in the day, plenty of volume for in there as well. Also used by battery in our kitchen which is slightly smaller than the lounge it was great for background music whilst eating with friends. But if you don't need portability just buy this model without the battery as it is cheaper.

The wifi setup is easy, worked first time following instructions and just going in Settings to get the iphone and ipad to connect via bluetooth.

It is very sleek looking, the iphone drawer is just part of it until you click it out and my iphone will sit on the plug with its case on (melkco leather ipone4 flip case).

We also considered the B&W Zeppelin Air but couldn't justify the price as it would have to move around, a purchase for later perhaps. However the quality of the Sony, whilst not on a par, is not so far different for an average listener who does not expect the depth of the Air.

Essentially if you want a high quality sound at a reasonable price, this is for you.

Time2® NEW 7" Inch Leather Look Case (WITH STAND) For Protection Of Your 7" Tablet PC Pad Device.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit a 7" tablet, 23 Dec 2012
Bought for my sons' 7" Xmas tablets, but they slip out of elastic corners. The case is too large so corner elastic does not get on to the tablet, also not big enough to grip it. Totally useless, will throw these and look for something that actually works.

Slow Cooker and One-Pot Cooking and Casseroles
Slow Cooker and One-Pot Cooking and Casseroles
by Jenni Fleetwood

4.0 out of 5 stars Two for the price of one!, 17 April 2012
I hadn't fully appreciated how useful this book is until I received it. With a chapter on each food type for both a slow cook and a casserole/one pot type of cooking, you have double the amount of recipes. I have tried only a handful so far in my slow cooker, but have been pleased with the results. Some do seem a little complicated but I am planning to use the slow cooker each week going forward so should work through them. The explanations at the front are very comprehensive and offer good advice for different techniques as well which I have already found useful for doing a terrine in the slow cooker. The photos are extremely good. I definitely recommend this, not 5 stars only because it would be easier to read whilst preparing if it was ring bound - otherwise 5 star.

Hot Wheels Trick Tracks Cyborg Blaster Starter Set
Hot Wheels Trick Tracks Cyborg Blaster Starter Set
Offered by rogerjohn28 Posted within 48hours Merry Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for 5 years old boy, 28 Feb 2012
Son got this for Xmas, has enjoyed it a lot since then. Only dropped a star as the orange track arrived a little bent but it does not seem to have affected his enjoyment. We actually joined with another Trick Tracks set plus a racing ramp to make a great circuit in his bedroom - really good toy for a boy, I would say 4 years and over will enjoy it best as they will be good at putting it together by themselves. Also takes other Hot Wheels cars so adaptable.

Vtech Kidi'Rock Musical 3 in 1 Instrument
Vtech Kidi'Rock Musical 3 in 1 Instrument

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for smaller Rockers!, 28 Feb 2012
Having purchased a cheap guitar for a 4 year old which turned out to have set tunes under the buttons (complete waste of money and in the bin just after Xmas) found this one for younger son. Totally excellent and both boys love it. The guitar bit is very good but then the neck folds down to make it a piano/drum ensemble, easier to store and also a change of toy/play. You can strum with the lever, the yellow middle gives different tunes, there is a range of music on it... really if you have an even vaguely musical child they will love this.

Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Myers
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment for 5 and 2 years old, 28 Feb 2012
This review is from: Shrek 1-4 Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched Shrek 1 which I enjoyed but my 5 year old was not as interested in, I thought perhaps the sequels would be worth seeing. And I am so glad... he watched all three new ones over the weekend and thought they were brilliant! Hubbie and I managed to catch part of each, can't wait to see them in the entirety as they continue the high standard of comedy! Plus the DVDs are in small cases, so the box set is smaller than most, easy to store.

Boogie Beebies - Move Your Feet to the Beat [DVD]
Boogie Beebies - Move Your Feet to the Beat [DVD]
Dvd ~ Boogie Beebies

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for dancing and bouncing to, 28 Oct 2011
My two year old loves to dance to any music and we gave him this for his birthday. He loves it! I have not seen these episodes in full on Cbeebies, so hadn't realised just how good it all is. Easy even for a little one to get some of the moves and the films really catch his attention. Really recommend this.

Theo Klein Toy Bosch tool case
Theo Klein Toy Bosch tool case
Offered by KullerTrulla (Preise inkl. gesetzl.MwSt)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and very well received, 28 Oct 2011
Given to my two year old this has been very well received, the drill has lights as well as a turning 'bit', immediately desired by my 4 year old! Very suitable to a DIYing boy.

Dyson DC23 Allergy Dyson Stowaway Easy Storage Cylinder Vacuum for Allergy Sufferers

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this Dyson - too many faults, 17 Jun 2010
I have now had my DC23 for over a year so can review with experience as I vacuum every couple of days through a reasonable sized three bed house. It is far heavier that the old Miele Cat & Dog it replaced, which surprised me (I ordered online and had read rave reviews which did not cover many of the faults I have discovered). The cord is shorter than my old one so I have to move plugs more often - just another metre would be a boon. It is virtually impossible to open the drum to empty it by simply pushing on the button as shown. Even my husband who as an engineer has extremely strong fingers, has to use a screwdriver to prise open the clip - a design fault and something just waiting to break.

As another reviewer says, there is a significant draught from the machine which blows dust etc around making more work. As the joint for the hose where it attaches to the machine is not fully revolving, I frequently end up with the tube getting wrapped round itself instead of turning as required. The head itself is very flat as Dyson say but the knuckle joint on it is so large that it actually doesn't go under much furniture as they claim (this is the joint connecting it to the upright tube). And if you do get it under a sideboard or low table, you are likely to catch it when pulling it out if you do not keep your hand EXACTLY in the same place, almost impossible. The clicks that should keep the extending tube extended are not robust enough - basically you extend the tube twice so you can vacuum in an upright position, it clicks in both places and then suddenly you find the tube retreating into itself as you push it along the floor - incredibly irritating.

I don't feel it has much more suction than the Miele despite all Dyson's claims and the fact that the Miele was hampered with a bag. I also find it more tiring to use that the Miele, I can only think that the head does not suck as hard and I end up going over the same places more often than I had to before.

Personally I would hesitate to recommend this to anyone who vacuums regularly, it will drive you mad. Unfortunately it was so expensive I cannot afford to replace it so I am stuck with it, but it is frankly a real pain to use.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2010 11:21 AM BST

Philips AVENT SCD510 DECT Baby Monitor
Philips AVENT SCD510 DECT Baby Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short range, 10 May 2010
Unlike the other reviewers, I have found this has an extremely short distance range and certainly cannot cope with an old house with thick walls. I can only assume that the other reviewers and indeed whoever tested it, only went inside a modern house with thin walls. Basically unless you are in direct line with the room unit and no more than 15 metres away, the link is broken. If you need something with longer range, get the BT Digital Baby Monitor Plus - we also have this in the older model and it can link over 100m through extremely thick ancient walls - something the Avent monitor is completely unable to do.

Page: 1 | 2