Profile for Jespydoodles > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Watergate 10
Watergate 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Real tech house!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Watergate 10 (Audio CD)
This mix has really been growing on me the more I've listened to it. A lot is going on here as Marco keeps the mix fresh as it's steadily progresses and evolves. It's so fluid that the whole thing feels like one single track that just keep throwing new sounds at you. If I have to mention a standout track it would probably be Jichael Mackson's Gti mixed in with Luna City Express feat. Roland Clark's The Next Level, that's when I really lose myself in this mix. Wonderful stuff! I also dig Watergate 11 by Solomun and Watergate 4 by Sebo K. Check it out!

The Gift The Curse
The Gift The Curse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Gift The Curse (Audio CD)
I do love the Atjazz sound but would say that maybe it's not the most consistent album and maybe some of the tracks lack direction but over all it's not bad at all. The standout track for me here is Here To Stay feat. Zano which is pure dancefloor house which is what I like. Would say I prefer the More Than a Remix album over this release tho.

Strip Joint Grooves Vol. 1
Strip Joint Grooves Vol. 1
Offered by thebookcommunity

5.0 out of 5 stars deep and lush house, 6 Feb 2014
Love everything on the Dessous label and this is no exception. Enjoy the soulful and infectious groove of Latinica Witch (Vincenzo's Satin Soul Remix) by Rivera Rotation, the deep and lush Aziza by Satin Soul, in fact if you love Vincenzo you'll love this as it's mixed by himself with lots of his stuff on there. Love it!

The Line of Beauty [DVD]
The Line of Beauty [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dan Stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and compelling!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Line of Beauty [DVD] (DVD)
I've tried to read Alan Hollinghurst's novels a few times but always give up as I find his writing a bit too aloof if that's the right expression and I missed out this series when it was first broadcast in 2006 but finally got around to watching it and really loved it. It's ultimately a sad story about political power and its pitfalls and dealing with the AIDS epidemic in the early 80's set around this aristocratic back drop where all is first roses as Nick the young gay student moves in with the Fedden famlily in Notting Hill and is practically adopted into the family where he lives over a period of 5 years until eventually all the walls come crumbling down through sexual and political scandal. Performances are great throughout from Dan Stevens and particurlarly Hayley Atwell turns in a wonderful performance too.

PRINTED KING BED DUVET DOONA QUILT COVER BEDDING SET PILLOWCASE GRANDEUR BERRY
PRINTED KING BED DUVET DOONA QUILT COVER BEDDING SET PILLOWCASE GRANDEUR BERRY
Offered by 123 Shop Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 11 Oct 2013
Nice and comfortable. Not the most luxurious quality but then again you get what you pay for and this is a good bargain and it looks lovely. Sweet dreams.

More Than A Remix
More Than A Remix

5.0 out of 5 stars Atjazz!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: More Than A Remix (Audio CD)
Was really excited when I saw this cd had come out as I've always been a fan of Martin Iveson and his Atjazz outfit and not being the most prolific of artist this is a real treat to have 3 discs of his remix work. Have to admit i'm not familiar with most of the original recordings but whatever they are Atjazz keeps my interest almost throughout this comprehensive work. One of the tracks I do know is RAH Band's Message From The Stars which might be considered a slightly corny tune with some silly lyrics but it all comes together nicely and sounds contemporary and fresh here and makes you want to dance and you have a nice mix mostly of a 4/4 house beats nature but also more down tempo and broken beat stuff so it never becomes dull even over 3 discs. Highly recommended!

Get It Right (Expanded Edition)
Get It Right (Expanded Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superb Vandross produced album!, 11 Oct 2013
This is my favourite Aretha period when she did the soul disco thing with Luther Vandross at the controls. Apparently there was Diva/Divo tantrums between the two during the making of this album according to the cd liner notes. Had I not read about that I wouldn't have know as it sounds like all parts had a great time in putting this album together and great it is too. One thing that particularly stands out for me on this album is the drummer Yogi Houghton who is working those hi hats so perfectly that you wonder sometimes whether its a drummer or a machine. Seriously impressive and super funky. If you loved Jump To It and you don't have this album you need to Get it! Right!

Somewhere In My Lifetime ~ Expanded Edition
Somewhere In My Lifetime ~ Expanded Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Diva!, 11 Oct 2013
I remember the first time I heard You Know How To Love Me by Phyllis and it was just one of those 'I gotta have that tune' moments so I bought a greatest hits compilation and this was probably 15 years ago and only recently did I purchase this great remastered cd of, for me, one of her best albums and have completely fallen in love with this wonderful woman once again. Its a quirky album that it starts out with an uptempo number, then a ballad, then up tempo again, then ballad and so forth for the whole album but that said there is not a dud on this album and it all just fits wonderfully together. I play this cd all the time now and particularly love the title track and also Soon Come Again, this song somehow just sums up American soul music of that era it's an upbeat soul tune with a melancholic sentiment and just wonderful instrumentation going on throughout the song but as I say there's not one bad song on this album. May her wonderful spirit live on.

Hold Your Horses (Expanded Edition)
Hold Your Horses (Expanded Edition)
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Love Thang!, 11 Aug 2013
I really love what BBR are doing with all these old disco records. Not familiar with the original album but very much into all the old disco stuff at the moment so thought I'd give this one a try and it's truly great. BBR have done a fantastic job expanding and remastering the old album so you get lots of bonus 12" mixes. The stand out track for me here has got to be Love Thang! Pure disco/salsoul heaven! Highly recommended!

Defected In The House Ibiza 2013
Defected In The House Ibiza 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Defected Delight!, 11 Aug 2013
For a Defected release this is actually pretty deep and mellow. Simon Dunmore does an (almost) seamless mix throughout the 3 discs on here and what I love about this as a house music lover of a certain age is that this is probably more suited to listen to at home rather than in a club environment apart from the 3rd mix which picks up the pace and goes a bit more techy but overall its a lovely mix that goes up and down throughout the mix which is why it may not appeal to those who are looking for something more punchy but for me very good! Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4