Profile for Purplegreen > Reviews

The Tickle Book
by Ian Whybrow
Price: 3.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Much loved bedtime book, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Tickle Book (Paperback)
This beautifully illustrated book is always a hit with my children between about 12 and 36 months, but my nearly 6 year old still joins in the fun. The flaps and pull tags are really pretty sturdy, some of the best I have seen, but even so we are on our second copy - I feel that this is a sign that it has been much enjoyed!

Tweenies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
Tweenies - The Ultimate Christmas Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tweenies

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Christmas DVD for tots, 22 Dec 2009
My little girl has watched this as much as she has been allowed this Christmas. She now sings lots of Christmas songs and carols, plays at Santa and Nativity plays, and understands lots of aspects of Christmas much more that last year (she's three). Typical Tweenies fun with songs and stories, but loads of it - 6 hours - and very Christmassy. Just don't buy it too early in the year unless you want Christmas to start in October!

Tweenies - It's Christmas! [DVD]
Tweenies - It's Christmas! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jenny Hutchinson
Offered by PressPlay
Price: 3.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the other Tweenies Christmas DVD!, 22 Dec 2009
Although the contents here are great for Tweenie fans, the Ultimate Tweenies Christmas has the exact same material plus another (possible slightly better) Tweenies Christmas DVD for the same price. My little girl loved these and it helped her understand Christmas from lots of angles and I heard her singing the songs - but buy the other one!

Peppa Pig Princess Peppa Royal Carriage
Peppa Pig Princess Peppa Royal Carriage

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced but much loved, 8 Nov 2009
This carriage is not very large, as the other reviewer says,but it does have ample space for Peppa and some of her little friends. My 3 year old daughter chose it with her birthday money. I would not have bought it at this price, but it has given her lots of fun. Seems pretty durable despite looking flimsy initially.

Yo Ho Ho! A-Pirating We'll Go
Yo Ho Ho! A-Pirating We'll Go
by Kaye Umansky
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Yo ho me hearties!, 10 Jun 2009
As with all the Kaye Umansky books I have come across, this is full of
lively fun rhymes that are easy to remember and recite and lots of fun. If you haven't seen "Stomp Chomp Big Roars" in the same series, that one is not to be missed. But this is great too - humour, good rhymes, lovely illustrations too.

Hello, Goodbye
Hello, Goodbye
by David Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully simple, 10 Jun 2009
This review is from: Hello, Goodbye (Paperback)
Very simple story which didn't impress me at all at first, but is loved by my two year old - "It's my favourite at the moment" she says, requesting it yet again. The bear is just perfect, she loves to spot the creatures, and she joins in with the different voices. Sweet and lovely story.

Monkey and Me
Monkey and Me
by Emily Gravett
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Monkey and Me (Paperback)
My toddler adores this book and has since her first birthday. It was an immediate hit when I picked it up randomly at an airport, and has been read countless times since. She can recite it, she loves to imitate the animals, and she loves to spot what is coming next. Simple but delightful - an absolutely first class children's book.

Gently Bentley
Gently Bentley
by Ian Whybrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and memorable., 23 April 2009
This review is from: Gently Bentley (Paperback)
"Gently, Bentley!" the cry goes up when my two year old thinks I am being too rough with something. We borrowed this from the library but it soon became obvious that we needed our own copy. Best from ages 1-3, and with a handy message about not being too rough, amusingly told.

The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers (Bernstein Bears)
The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers (Bernstein Bears)
by Michael Berenstain

2.0 out of 5 stars Very very American, 23 April 2009
Very American and all about baseball. No good at all for the typical UK preschooler. I sent mine back. Other Berenstain bears books are great though with moral values and cute pictures all in one!

You Can Swim, Jim
You Can Swim, Jim
by Kaye Umansky

5.0 out of 5 stars Much loved, 23 April 2009
This review is from: You Can Swim, Jim (Paperback)
My two year old quotes bits of this at me whn we go swimming now. "Kate does handstands underwater" is her favourite line. As with all Kaye Umansky's work that I have come across, the rhyme is delightful and never forced. The other Jim books are great too.

Page: 1 | 2