Profile for Mr. K. Moroney > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Moroney

Mr. K. Moroney "one-time amazon reviewer"

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Start, 17 Jun. 2007
When I got this album, I found myself listening to it over and over again. The best song on the album is I bet that you look good on the dancefloor and When the sun goes down isn't far behind. The only poor song on the album really is Riot van, however except that this is an excellent album. People who say Franz Ferdinand and the Kaiser Chiefs are better are wrong because the Arctic Monkeys are a more individual rock/indie band. Everyone will like the Kaiser Chiefs with their radio-friendly and catchy lyrics but the Arctic Monkeys are something different. I am not saying I don't like the Kaiser Chiefs or Franz Ferdinand's first album (however overrated the second is) but to be honest you either love or hate the Arctic Monkeys rhythmic indie/rock sound or you don't and I believe more people do. The second album is good as well but I won't go on about that. So all in all, the Arctic Monkeys have bucked the trend of normal rock bands with boring lyrics (this doesn't include the Kaiser Chiefs) and have produced a masterpiece.