Profile for Mr. C. Forshaw > Reviews

Content by Mr. C. Forshaw

Mr. C. Forshaw "SkullScience" (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
240v Mains To 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Voltage Converter Power Adapter 10A SB12
240v Mains To 12V DC Cigarette Lighter Voltage Converter Power Adapter 10A SB12
Offered by Serendipity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, 10 April 2016
The PRODUCT I recieved was incredibly cheap build quality and was not as advertised on a technical level. Overall I can not recommend the product I recieved as there are much cheaper alternatives on the market which do the same job just as well!! See other 1 star review regarding ampage differences!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2016 12:56 PM BST

Alienware Alpha ASM100-7980 Console (2.9 GHz Intel Core i7-4765T Processor, 8GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, Windows 8

5.0 out of 5 stars The Steam Machine revolution begins!, 31 Dec. 2014
Excellent small form-factor PC console for the lounge! Having owned one for a couple of weeks and having previously garnered a good library of games on Steam on my gaming PC i can honestly say this little beast of a console easily out-performs the PS4 and XB1 and fits into a tiny 20 x 20 space.

It has performed effortlessly for me in 1080p with very smooth frame rates on ultra settings, which many games default to on this system. This includes some of the very latest releases. What really puts this ahead of the other consoles is the inclusion of Windows 8.1 and the extra potential that brings. This is when you want to delve a little deeper but if you just want to use it as a console then it has its own UI which can be navigated with the joypad.

The package comes with a controller, and the all important 'whole-unit warranty'. The console feels solid and well-built and comes with everything you need, including 7 free games, to get you gaming out the box!

The console comes with a 2tb hard drive, 8gb RAM and i7 CPU. These are all capable of being upgraded but the negative is that the GPU can not be upgraded, as yet. It actually performs more than adequately being a custom chip based on the GTX 860M which is overclocked with 2GB of GDDR5. This in itself is capable of producing a grand gaming experience and, as we can see with the Alienware 13 laptop, Alienware always look to ways to boost visuals, such as the Graphics Amplifier which may or may not find its way to Alpha, something which, upon request, Alienware have not ruled out. Therefore we have a little beast of a console with further potential.

Pricing I can see appears to be an issue on Amazon. Amazon themselves sell at rrp or less, I am sure, but other less honest retailers are charging ridiculous amounts when you could just order direct from Dell! This is what I did given Amazon had none themselves at the time, £699 for the i7 model!

Overall, a console with a very apt name. The machine itself is improving on a daily basis and I suspect this is just the beginning of a new wave of so-called 'steam machines'! Alienware have a good little head start. Highly recommended if you want to bring large parts of your Steam library into the lounge with a quiet, small unit that will squeeze into the tiniest of spaces in your media set-up!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 1:47 PM GMT

The Elder Scrolls Anthology (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls Anthology (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars All the rpg you need!, 5 Sept. 2014
Practically a life's worth of gaming in one, very well presented, box set! All the single-player rpg Elder Scrolls titles for you to sink your teeth into! An excellent package for those who want to see how the series has developed from the ambition of Arena through to the accomplishment of Skyrim! Essential for RPG fans and collectors!

Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)
Sony PlayStation 3 Console (60GB Premium Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing console., 30 Nov. 2013
One of the main reasons I purchased a PS3 was for some exclusives I could not obtain on Xbox 360. I loved Demons Souls, Yakuza and Siren and simply had to play them. I never regretted my PS3 purchase. I now own all 3 'next gen' consoles after owning the previous gen (Wii, PS3 and 360) and have had many amazing gaming experiences on PS3. A console with true gaming pedigree. Never too late to own one. If I had one criticism is that it can be a little noisy with a loud fan, but once a game is running you forget it very quickly. Top console and this particular version, the 60gb 'fat' is the one to own if you plan to have a modest number of games. Excellent build quality and backwards compatibility.

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning console., 30 Nov. 2013
This is a late review for me. I purchased Wii U at launch and received excellent service from Amazon. Ok, here is why I am reviewing it now. As of yesterday I now own all 3 'Next Gen' consoles. I hate all the losers wanting to pick sides. The truth is there is minimal difference between Wii U and Xbox One/PS4 and zero difference to the naked eye between PS4 and Xbox One. The Wii U has one huge advantage from the get-go and that is the capability of off-screen play straight off the bat. To play CoD Ghosts, Black Ops 2, Deus Ex, Monster Hunter, Super Mario 3D world, anywhere in my home is a stunning technical achievement. The console is nicely built with a disc-drive look to it. Kind of like the original Wii but smoother edges. The 'Gamepad' is a stunning piece of kit with very responsive touch screen, yet when you are simply using it as a joypad it feels just how it should. Visuals on off-screen play are beautiful. The battery life is not amazing on the gamepad but you can purchase upgraded batteries separately if necessary. I would also advise purchasing a cover or protector for the gamepad so as to avoid damage as they are expensive to replace. On the same week I purchased CoD: Ghosts for Wii U, Killzone for PS4 and Battlefield 4 for Xbox One and can honestly say the Wii U game held its own in that brilliant competition. They are all thoroughly next-gen and the Wii U, with its unique franchises available, will not disappoint any true gamer. To any doubters out there, this is not a Wii (and I loved my old Wii) this is a far more powerful NEW Nintendo console. The Wii U is a great new gaming machine.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2013 10:49 AM GMT

Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Sony PlayStation 4 500GB Console (Black)
Offered by DA TECH PRO

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming Masterpiece., 30 Nov. 2013
I shall start this by saying excellent service by Amazon. Got the PS4 on time on day of release. I write this shortly after writing my Xbox One review. So many losers want me to pick a side and say how much better one particular console is when the truth is I own all 3, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U and can honestly say that the difference between Wii U to Xbox One/PS4 is minimal whilst difference between Xbox One and PS4 is invisible to the naked eye. They all have their own exclusives, take your preference and you won't be disappointed which ever console you choose. Ok, onto the review of the console. The PS4 is the most stylish of all the 'next gen' consoles, and I can confirm the so called 'noisy' console is nice and quiet, far more so than PS3. On the flip-side it definitely does not feel quite as expensive/well built as Xbox One. The new joypad is beautiful and yet familiar to any Sony fans. An excellent upgrade that will feel natural in your hands from the start. The launch line-up is not quite as impressive as Xbox One or indeed the Wii U when that was released, but Killzone which came bundled, Resogun, Battlefield 4 and Warframe are must have games from the launch line-up. This will be the console if all you are interested in is games and that is apparent from when you boot up. The whole 'eco-system' is game oriented and multi-media, what little there is, is pushed into the background, whereas on Xbox One everything is in your face from music, movies to the most important games. this difference in emphasis is definitely more stark than previous gen. I am excited as to the future of console gaming, in an ideal world all 3 would co-exist, but instead it is like the South Park episode, all I know is, if you do choose PS4, it will give you years of gaming pleasure. A big upgrade from PS3 and a beast of a gaming machine. That is already apparent.

Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect
Xbox One 500GB Console with Kinect
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Feature packed brilliance!, 30 Nov. 2013
Excellent service from Amazon. I received Xbox One on day of release. I am now on of the lucky few who own all 3 'next gen' consoles and have to say that they all compliment each other. the fanboy losers are really missing out. The Xbox One is packed full of features from the get go. I find Kinect to be snappy and responsive and excellent to simply sign in as myself simply by telling it to. The Joypad, as you expect with Microsof, is of the highest of quality and feels natural, just with a few subtle changes from the 360 pad on the shoulder button layout. I purchased Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 as well as having Fifa bundled and downloading Killer Instinct. All totally 'Next Gen' games and display the power of the Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 particularly showing increased scope and rendering ability with massive amounts of zombies on screen. The console feels very expensive and well built, a little more so than the PS4 and Wii U. It is quite a large console and will take up space in your gaming/multi-media area. I am angry at these so called console wars, having experienced the so called 'noisy' PS4, which is nice and quiet, the 'inferior' Wii U (say that after playing Zombi U, Super Mario 3D World and CoD:Ghosts on Wii U). Now that I own all 3 I can see that the difference is minimal in terms of technical ability from Wii U to PS4/Xbox One and zero difference to the naked eye between Xbox One and PS4. They all have their own feel and individual exclusives. I feel whichever one you choose you will not be disappointed. The Xbox One is definitely going for an all in one approach with both gaming and multi-media on equal par. This may bode well in the long-term for Microsoft.

Sony PS4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
Sony PS4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming Masterpiece, 30 Nov. 2013
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2014 9:32 PM GMT

Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with FIFA 14 download code)
Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with FIFA 14 download code)
Offered by bnhlmt

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of features!, 30 Nov. 2013
Excellent service from Amazon. I received Xbox One on day of release. I am now on of the lucky few who own all 3 'next gen' consoles and have to say that they all compliment each other. the fanboy losers are really missing out. The Xbox One is packed full of features from the get go. I find Kinect to be snappy and responsive and excellent to simply sigh in as myself simply by telling it to. The Joypad, as you expect with Microsof, is of the highest of quality and feels natural, just with a few subtle changes from the 360 pad on the shoulder button layout. I purchased Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 as well as having Fifa bundled and downloading Killer Instinct. All totally 'Next Gen' games and display the power of the Xbox One. Dead Rising 3 particularly showing increased scope and rendering ability with massive amounts of zombies on screen. The console feels very expensive and well built, a little more so than the PS4 and Wii U. It is quite a large console and will take up space in your gaming/multi-media area. I am angry at these so called console wars, having experienced the so called 'noisy' PS4, which is nice and quiet, the 'inferior' Wii U (say that after playing Zombi U, Super Mario 3D World and CoD:Ghosts on Wii U). Now that I own all 3 I can see that the difference is minimal in terms of technical ability from Wii U to PS4/Xbox One and zero difference to the naked eye between Xbox One and PS4. They all have their own feel and individual exclusives. I feel whichever one you choose you will not be disappointed. The Xbox One is definitely going for an all in one approach with both gaming and multi-media on equal par. This may bode well in the long-term for Microsoft.

Evil Dead [DVD] [2013]
Evil Dead [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jane Levy
Offered by Rikdev Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly how it should be minus Bruce Campbell, 16 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Evil Dead [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
When I first heard of an Evil Dead remake/re-imagining I must say that I was somewhat sceptical to say the least. I was one of the camp pushing for an Evil Dead 4. I feared they would turn it into a teen fright/gore fest that had been done a million times before and since the original. I am glad to say I was proven wrong. But first I need to get something off my chest, something which annoys me so much. That is the fact that so many critics (armchair and professional) say that this remake lacks the comedy from the original. Anyone who has ever watched the original will know that there is no intentional comedy whatsoever. Evil Dead 2, which in itself was a remake of sorts, had intentional humour that worked, and Army of Darkness was just an out and out slapstick, but the original was only comedic in the sense that it was low budget and was always intended to be simply nasty. I am glad to say the re-make is as nasty as the original was but with, naturally, a higher budget. They avoided the teen stereo-type by casting mid to late 20 somethings (or whose characters were meant to be) and avoided the film from ageing by removing as much technology as possible, hence generic vehicles (including the same motor that was in the original) and no mobile phones. There is something that gets under the skin about Evil Dead, so to speak. The undead are not mindless zombies but sentient re-animated beings who delight in the defilement of their own human flesh as well as the downfall of the poor victims caught up in the whole mess. This destruction of a pure form really sets it out from a normal zombie flick and adds a deeper aspect than most horror flicks. I suspect there will be sequels and, as it still has Sam Raimi's and Bruce Campbell's blessing, who are we to argue. For someone who has been a mad fan of the original films for years (yes, I even have a tattoo) I am just so glad it was not a let-down. I look forward to more movies by this talented young director. Fingers crossed Bruce will make more than just a cameo in the future films.

Page: 1 | 2