Profile for Lanny > Reviews

Content by Lanny

Lanny (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Kwik Picture Framing : A5 Flat Black Picture Frames 30 mm (Pack Of 4)
Kwik Picture Framing : A5 Flat Black Picture Frames 30 mm (Pack Of 4)
Offered by Kwik Picture Framing Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great frames at a reasonable price., 28 Mar. 2015
I got the same set of frames in white first & this black set, although at a slightly higher price, is even better.
They arrived quickly & were very well packaged: tightly packed in corrugated cardboard inside a big box.
The black frames are in a matt, semi-glossy, satin finish & quite chunky with a depth of 20mm.
The perspex is very clear with no smears, marks or scratches.
The aperture of these frames are a snug fit ensuring no sliding around, unlike the slightly loose fit of the white set.
Just one small niggle though. As in the white set, these do not have a lining sheet of paper, just the cardboard back with the stand. Since my pictures are slightly smaller than the A5 size, I put a white sheet of A5 paper behind to cover up the cardboard. The picture of the frame, in this regard, is a little misleading.
Apart from that I really like these frames! They're a chunkier yet still classy look.

Kwik Picture Framing: A5 Flat White Picture Frames 30 mm (Pack Of 4)
Kwik Picture Framing: A5 Flat White Picture Frames 30 mm (Pack Of 4)
Offered by Kwik Picture Framing Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good frames at a reasonable price., 28 Mar. 2015
Fast delivery & tightly packed together in minimal packaging.
The frames are not a bright white but, more of a vintage distressed look: it looks more like a light grey from a distance because of the visible woodgrain beneath. They are quite chunky with a depth of 20mm.
The perspex is clear with no smears or scratches except for one tiny little mark on one of the frames.
Just a couple of little niggles though. The aperture of the frames are cut ever so slightly too big al around resulting in the perspex, & your picture, moving around slightly. It took me a while to get the picture centred properly because of that movement. Also, there's no lining sheet of paper, just the cardboard backing with the stand. Since my pictures are slightly smaller than the A5 size, I put in a white sheet of A5 paper behind to cover up the cardboard. The picture of the frame, in this regard, is a little misleading.
Apart from that I like these frames & got the same set in black as well, which are better.

Large Clip Frame for Picture Photo 18"x24" IN Clipframes by TMSolo in Inches
Large Clip Frame for Picture Photo 18"x24" IN Clipframes by TMSolo in Inches
Offered by TMSolo

5.0 out of 5 stars A plain, no nonsense, secure, clear perspex, clip frame that displays your picture with no fuss or frills., 27 Mar. 2015
Ordered from TMSolo delivered by Amazon.
Fast delivery in Amazon's minimal packaging that still protects. The perspex is lovely & clear with no scratches or smears.
There are however, 8 tiny little pinprick marks made by the tight fitting clips that I only noticed when removed for installing the picture. Once the picture was in & the clips reattached, they can't be seen at all as they're covered by the tips of the clips.
The clips are tight & secure, as are the two hanging loops, portrait & landscape, on the back.

Frame Company Watson Range 24 x 18-inch Picture Photo Frames, White
Frame Company Watson Range 24 x 18-inch Picture Photo Frames, White
Offered by Frame-Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous frame at a very reasonable price!, 21 Mar. 2015
Arrived very quickly, two days before I expected it, & very well packaged with lots of airbags so, not a scratch of damage.

I was a little apprehensive about the plastic glass in the 24" by 18" size frame but, it's very clear & I really can't tell that it's not glass until I touch it.

A really good functional frame at a great price!

WARMEN Ladies Kid Leather Gloves with Decorative White Stitching Bow (S, Black)
WARMEN Ladies Kid Leather Gloves with Decorative White Stitching Bow (S, Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gloves at a reasonable price., 29 Jan. 2015
Nice gloves at a reasonable price.
The leather is beautifully soft & smooth of a good quality. They came in a dust bag & an, optional, gift bag with a ribbon tie. The bow & white stitching is subtle & I like the little dip above the bows that nicely fit around my watch. The linings are a little bit thinner than they look in the picture, being a fine fleece that can catch a little bit on nails, & is prone to bobbling over time.
I got these in black size small 6 1/5.They are a bit big for my size 5 1/2 hands but, I expected that as there is no extra small size. Extra small size leather gloves are hard to find & even when I DO find them they are STILL a little big for me at size 6.
Please do an extra small size for us smaller ladies: I can't be the only one with small hands & feet; there's a direct correlation. I have size 3 feet & size 5 1/2 hands.
Good quality gloves that could do with a thicker lining.

Fineplus Women's Retro Elegance Split Cow Leather Cross-Body Bag Deep Blue
Fineplus Women's Retro Elegance Split Cow Leather Cross-Body Bag Deep Blue
Offered by PlusMinus

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous leather handbag that looks much more expensive than it is!, 25 Jan. 2015
The look, feel &, even, the smell of this leather handbag signifies quality without the exorbitant price tag: like a designer label. The leather is very smooth & soft to the touch. It arrived very well packaged with airbags stuffed inside to keep it's shape & bubble wrap to protect in transit. There's also a dust bag to keep the bag in when not in use but, I will be using it every day.
The bag's layout is very well designed to organise your "stuff". There's a zippered compartment in the centre with little holes/slots on either side of the zip for pens that neatly separates the two main compartments. A large compartment at the front with a pouch, on the front wall, for a phone & another one beside it for other "quick-to-reach" things: I keep allergy pills & an asthma inhaler in that. There's another large compartment at the back with a zippered pocket.
There's also another zippered pocket at the back on the outside of the bag. There are two sets of poppers on both sides of the handbag, at the top, which you can put together when the bag is closed & it really helps you to reach for things if you un-pop them when the bag is open: giving you more room to rummage around.
I like the "twist & lock" closure as it's more secure than a plain magnetic clasp & it looks smarter too. The buckle straps on either side are purely decorative but, add a very distinctive "satchel" look. The top handle is softly flexible, staying relatively flat when using the long strap. But, it's still strong enough to use it as a carry strap, like a satchel, when not using the long strap. There are two metal loops on the side gussets of the bag to attach the long strap, if you want to use it. There are 5 holes to choose from to put the buckle into so you can just hang it off your shoulder or have it cross-body.
The whole handbag is beautifully lined in a waxy, silky gold patterned lining & there are four little gold feet on the bottom of the bag.
There's a very good choice of colours. I got the Deep Blue & I love it: just as classic as black but, the colour pops out more.
A very luxurious, designer label look of a handbag for your money!

WARMEN Women Genuine Nappa Leather Winter Warm Simple Plain Style Lined Gloves (S, Light Purple)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gloves at a reasonable price., 24 Jan. 2015
Lovely gloves at a reasonable price.

The fit is a bit big for me but, I expected that as there is no XS to fit my size 5 1/2 hands: XS leather gloves are hard to find &, when I DO find them, they're STILL ever so slightly big for me at size 6.

I got the purple colour & they're lovely but, a little bit brighter & lighter in colour than I expected from the picture. The leather is buttery soft & smooth. The plush lining is very comfortable against the skin & makes the gloves that much more warmer. I also like the split at the top as I can turn down the cuff, showing the plush lining, on my left hand: to see, & read, my watch.

Beautiful quality throughout but, would like an XS size please for us smaller ladies.

Emma Three Gusset Purse Wallet (Navy)
Emma Three Gusset Purse Wallet (Navy)

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality purse wallet that's bigger than I expected!, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Emma Three Gusset Purse Wallet
A quality purse wallet that's bigger than I expected!

This arrived beautifully packaged in a gift box with a dog logo on its lid. It's much bigger than I expected: I've had small handbags that are about that size but, a bit thicker in depth. From the smell, on opening the box, it's definitely leather: very soft, buttery smooth leather.

There is plenty of room to fit notes inside in 3 compartments & an additional zippered one for coins. There's also a gusseted, zippered compartment for coins outside on the back of the purse. There's room for 3 cards at the back of the 3rd. notes compartment & 5 slots on the inside of the opening flap along with an additional photo slot. I've found these slots to be VERY tight though, especially the photo slot, but, hopefully these will loosen up over time with use. There's also a full-length slot directly beneath the card slots on the opening flap.

I would say that unless you have a bigger handbag, this purse wallet is probably a bit big for daily use but, would be excellent for travel: keeping different currencies apart.

A quality item that's just a little big.

The Wind Rises [DVD]
The Wind Rises [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hayao Miyazaki

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! A Truly Breathtakingly Beautiful Film!, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Wind Rises [DVD] (DVD)
WOW! A Truly Breathtakingly Beautiful Film!

I'm a fan of Studio Ghibli, especially of Hayao Miyazaki, & have collected almost all of the films. I didn't think anything could top Howl's Moving Castle, my favourite, in terms of its perfect blend of fantastical story & stunning visuals but, I was wrong. This has surpassed that: I absolutely LOVED it!

This has more depth as it's based on the real life Japanese airplane designer. The fantastical dream sequences blend into the biographical narrative perfectly &, more-or-less, the whole gamut of human emotion is experienced throughout this film.

If this IS Hayao Miyazaki's final film, it's a masterpiece that crowns, & epitomises, the career of a uniquely, talented maker of meaningful films: not JUST anime, or even animation!

Elma Women's Touch Screen Italian Nappa Leather Winter Texting Gloves Pure Cashmere Warm Lining (6.5, Dark Navy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury gloves at a very reasonable price., 8 Jan. 2015
Luxury gloves at a very reasonable price.

These gloves signify quality & luxury from the classy presentation box to the materials used throughout. The leather is very soft & the touch-screen tips on the thumbs, index & middle fingers really do work. The cashmere lining inside is so luxuriously soft & warm without adding too bulk.

The choice of colours is great too: I chose Navy.

The price is very reasonable for such quality. I've seen other Italian Nappa Leather gloves at much higher prices. Why pay more that you have to?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4