Profile for Ms. Sally A. Ball > Reviews

Content by Ms. Sally A. Ball

Ms. Sally A. Ball (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kipling Defea, Women's Top-Handle Bag, Small Dot Pr Au, One Size
Kipling Defea, Women's Top-Handle Bag, Small Dot Pr Au, One Size
Offered by TAMARA-LEDERWAREN

5.0 out of 5 stars VERSATILE, ROOMY,AFFORDABLE,MACHINE WASHABLE AND FABULOUS QUALITY - 2 YEAR WARRANTY SAYS A LOT!!, 29 July 2015
I've always liked handbags and they've had to be big for all my stuff. I came across a black 'kipling bag' in a charity shop and was impressed by the size, the feel and quality particularly the zip. It was so grubby that I decided to risk it and put it in the washing machine inside a pillow case. The bag cleaned like new at 40 degrees and on closer inspection was amazed at all the internal pockets, the lovely green lining, key fob clip, the sturdiness of the zips and the adjustable and comfortable shoulder strap. I'm now a big fan of Kipling bags and have another three that I purchased at an outlet near me. I have donated all my other handbags as the kiplings are so easy to look after and store away taking up less wardrobe space. I have two 'Defea's' - one in 'claret red' with matt silver metal ware and a purse and 'bits and pieces' bag to match. A friend has bought me another for my birthday in either 'winter green' or 'prussian blue'. Before I go on, I'll tell you that I've had many compliments about my charity shop find and 'claret red'. I've bought my sister and mother an 'Alenya' bag, (purple dahlia and monkey brown) and matching purse for Christmas and I admit I'm tempted to keep them. They were being sold at a bargain price at 'the outlet' and I have a wish list on Amazon with an 'Alenya' for me. What is so impressive about the kipling brand is the quality, keep the receipt of purchase and you have a two year manufacturer's guarantee, and although this brand of bag is considered expensive at full retail price, I can understand why people are prepared to pay this. Equally so, there are other brands out there that are just ridiculous in price yet they'd be ruined if put in a washing machine. Kipling bags are trendy for the everyday person, with a variety of colours and styles to match many occasions and even seasons. The removeable strap on the Defea and Alenya is an added bonus if not required but I like to be able to wear my 'kiplings' across me leaving my hands free whilst I shop knowing that my bag contents is 'safe'. My Defea very easily carries a 7" tablet and charger, my I-phone and charger, 3 sets of keys, two pens, an MP3 Player, 2 usb sticks, a large purse, a separate debit/visa card wallet, a lady essentials bag, post that needs sorting, a 6" x 4" note pad, another bag containing an epipen and inhalers, nibbles such as a chocolate bars/sweets, a spare e-cig, a reading book and a small umbrella with room to spare for anything else I may need on my daily travels to and from work/college and doesn't feel to heavy or look out of shape. The fabric of the bags is very strong, and inside well lined with a complimentary colour. The zips are chunky/sturdy without being to 'proud'. The outer pockets are excellent for quick access items. The only thing that I'd say to you is that these bags are not 'waterproof', just about light drizzle proof, but then we can't have it all.

Handirest The Ultimate Manicure Cushion Accessory
Handirest The Ultimate Manicure Cushion Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars AN INGENIOUS PIECE TO BE ADDED TO A NAIL KIT - IDEAL FOR A MOBILE NAIL TECHNICIAN., 7 Jun. 2015
I bought this item on a lightening deal yesterday (Saturday) and I received it today. Fabulous speedy dispatch but then I'm trying out the trial of Amazon Prime. The packaging was excellent. This handirest is exactly as depicted in the picture. I was a little uncertain about buying as other reviews have said it's too big for small hands and my hands are a glove size 6 1/2 to 7. However, I decided to give it a try as I like to paint my nails and find keeping my hands comfortable difficult. The handirest is a little big but this is not a problem. The finger tips need to be slightly exposed over the edge and my palm can still comfortably sit on the handirest. I'm left handed so this piece of ingenuity is very helpful. The quality is robust and comfortable with a padded feel. The idea is that this fits both hands which is true. I'd place it on my knee whilst painting my nails where as you may decide to use a table whichever's best which is another ingenious fact about this product. Also fingers are comfortably separated whilst using so nails can be left to dry before painting the others. I'd point out that if you have small hands such as mine you may need to turn your thumb whilst painting as I'm not an expert and place it down to dry. I also like the fact that the handirest can be cleaned should spillages occur with acetone or soapy water and is compact enough to keep with all my nail bits and pieces kit. I'll be putting mine in a plastic bag for protection from sharp objects such as nails scissors just as a precaution. If you know of anyone who likes to paint their own nails, this would be a very welcome gift. It may also be a welcome addition to a mobile nail technicians kit.

Dreamscene Animal Mink Faux Fur Throw, Tiger & Cub, 150 x 200 Cm
Dreamscene Animal Mink Faux Fur Throw, Tiger & Cub, 150 x 200 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuggle up with the Tigers!, 4 May 2015
Again I bought this for the same person who I purchased the Luxury Soft Wildcat Cushion with Cover. Yet again, Amazon have gone to the top of the class and no, I'm not a school teacher. This throw is soft and lovely and covers the top of my friends 4' 6" bed nicely. The tiger's are clearer than depicted on Amazon but natural enough to not look garish.

Luxury Soft Wildcat Cushion Cover 45x45cm Filled - All Colours
Luxury Soft Wildcat Cushion Cover 45x45cm Filled - All Colours
Offered by Textile Warehouse Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars So Realistic., 4 May 2015
I bought this a while ago for a friend's birthday who adores tigers and would like to be one in the next life!!! I didn't want a cushion that looked cheap and nasty. This would be an insult to the beauties that tigers are. Neither my friend or I were disappointed. The picture is so clear and realistic and the cushion's a decent size that sits neatly on my friends tiger themed bedroom bed. I was surprised to find that this cushion cover can be removed easily by the zip and washed if the need arises.

Excellent Accessories® Samsung Galaxy Young 2 SM-G130 - Premium Quality Exclusive Leather Easy Clip On WALLET / FLIP Case / Cover / Pouch With Card Holders + Free Clear Screen Protector + Polishing Cloth + Touch Screen Stylus Pen
Offered by EXCELLENT ACCESSORIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded My Expectations, 4 May 2015
I bought this for my Mum who's fussy about quality. She was so pleased with this case. It fits her new phone snugly and the colour purple is rich - not sweet and sickly. The case opens and closes easily having a magnetic clasp which is useful for my Mum as she has arthritis in her fingers. Another plus is the stylus pen that came with it. Now Mum can text etc without hitting the wrong key on the querty keyboard. What I would suggest is finding a way to tie the stylus pen to the phone or case so it doesn't end up rolling around in the bottom of a bag. The card holder is a bonus too and is used as a place to put a shopping list in or something similar. This isn't leather and for the price, you can't expect it to be but it's very good quality and sturdy and exceeded my expectations.

Cath Kidston: The Collection (Sew! Stitch! and Patch!)
Cath Kidston: The Collection (Sew! Stitch! and Patch!)
by Cath Kidston

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must For 'All Kath Kidston' Fans., 4 May 2015
I bought this set as a gift for someone who's nuts about Kath Kidston from bags, mugs and all sorts. When I saw this set on 'Today's Deals', it was a 'must buy' and I ordered it Thursday and got it Bank Holiday Monday. Fabulous..what a good start. I am pleased to say that this set is well worth the money as the books are a lot bigger than I expected, about 8" x 10", hardback and in a very sturdy 'pretty' cardboard wallet. The person who I shall give this too likes to make cushions too and this set will give inspiration. I haven't been able to look at the 'material and bits and pieces for the bag making' so I can't comment on quality but even if this isn't what you may expect, I'm sure it won't disappoint if the quality of the rest of the set is anything to go by. This set isn't 'my thing' as I'm a more of a skulls and dragons kind of girl. In my opinion, this set is for a 'typically feminine' person and there's nothing wrong with that. It'd look good on a book shelf or coffee table. So, thank you Amazon for giving me the opportunity to give a gift to somebody who I know will love it.

Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara, Extreme Black
Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara, Extreme Black

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD QUALITY MASCARA EXCELLENT COVERAGE., 19 Mar. 2015
An excellent waterproof mascara that covers well with one application due to the thick but even consistency of the fluid. Make my eyelashes look much longer and fuller saving me a fortune on having eyelash extensions and tinting. The application brush is neat and the mascara doesn't clump or gather nastily around the top. I won't need another for a while due to the very good quality of this mascara but will definitely be buying another and would for other's too AS A GIFT at a cost that doesn't break the bank.

Ladies Rose Gold Watches Stainless Steel Womens Bracelet Girls Designer Style Watches

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT - WORKS AND LOOKS LIKE THE REALLY EXPENSIVE 'DESIGNER' WATCHES SEEN ON THE HIGHSTREET., 19 Mar. 2015
I bought this watch for a couple of £s more but not from here. I absolutely love it. It's robust, looks really expensive, keeps good time and the clasp is tight. I wasn't looking for a new watch when I bought it but had to have it when I saw it. I've tiny wrists and had to have 6 links taken out for the watch to fit which I've kept. This cost me £3 at a local cobbler's. I like 'bling' but not the cheap and nasty stuff - I'm very fussy with what I wear. I like chunky with the feminine touch and this watch certainly fits the bill. I've had many compliments when wearing it and other's have gone out a bought one similar for themselves or as a gift . People have been so surprised that I didn't pay a lot more money. The watch looks an authentic rose gold colour and the rhine stones glisten nicely. It also matches much of my other jewellery. I don't know what the three dials on the face of the watch are for but telling the time is crystal clear with this watch - what's the point of having it otherwise. I don't think it's actually waterproof but splash proof but take it off anyway before washing dishes etc to prevent damage. This watch is not 'over blingy' in my opinion so can be worn for any occasion.

Artists' Collection Large Paint by Numbers  Rail Birds
Artists' Collection Large Paint by Numbers Rail Birds

2.0 out of 5 stars MUCH PATIENCE REQUIRED FOR A SATISFACTORY RESULT, 12 Dec. 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have completed this painting by numbers and it took me weeks. I didn't mind this but buyers need to be aware of the following.

1 - The colours do not reflect the picture on the box and they are either too bright or too dull. For example, the crimson paints a deep brown red and the light green, is overly bright.

2 - The print is heavy and therefore difficult to cover up. Where possible I carefully scratched away the numbers once I'd decided what colours I was going to use and mix, sometimes together.

3 - The tree area, is too abstract and needs to be softened so as to not draw attention away from the birds.

4 - The detailing of the birds is also abstract so I'd suggest practice holding the paint brush upright and use flicking motions to create 'feathering'.

5 - I found it important to not overload the paint brush. The paint brush is good and didn't shed any hair. It was easy to clean with warm soapy water.

The paint dries very quickly which I didn't find a problem.

This item is absolutely fine if you want it for something to do on a cold evening or for a child to help improve concentration and hand/eye co-ordination and of course to enjoy painting. However, this painting is intended as a gift for somebody who loves birds and is very good at drawing and painting. This really did test my own ability as I am far from an accomplished artist, an amateur at best. I'd suggest you buy a set of Boldmere Acrylic Colours to help with matching the colours to the picture. If possible I shall upload a photo of my finished result. If possible, take a copy of the canvas (use the copy on the back of the box if the canvas is too big for a scanner) so you can test the colours and find what you would be happy with.

AN UPDATE - I have been able to upload a photo of the painting which is now framed. The glare is due to the glass. It took me ages securing the painting in the frame so I didn't want to take it out to take a photo.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Hoover Smart SM1800 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1800 Watt
Hoover Smart SM1800 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1800 Watt

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT 'SMART' BUT 'DUMB'., 28 Oct. 2013
I was very disappointed with this hoover. I thought the 'brand' name gave me confidence in this product when I bought it. I couldn't have been more wrong. ONE plus, this product is easy to put together. The second, it does work but not for long and I don't live in a big house but a small flat. The vacuum's hose is flimsy as is the body. The bin that collects what is hovered has a mind of its own - once removed to be emptied, it either won't open so this can happen or once it does, it has difficulty being connected back on to the machine. The last straw for me was the bin's bottom dropping off due to the poor plastic quality hinge. Needless to say, I returned it to the shop for a full refund which I received.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3