Profile for C J RAMSEY > Reviews

Content by C J RAMSEY

C J RAMSEY (PRESTON, ENGLAND United Kingdom)

Free Lunch: Easily Digestible Economics
Free Lunch: Easily Digestible Economics
by David Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to the economy, 27 Jan 2004
I have a fairly average understanding of the economy but have often felt fairly lost when watching business news on TV and listening to people talking about GDP, the relationship between interest rates and inflation, the effects high/low taxation on government revenue and public spending etc . . . . My business is investing in the property market and I need a firmer understanding or economics if I am to reduce the risks associated with my line of work.
This book gave a good, top level grounding in how the different elements of the economy interact. He does this without getting boring or going into too much detail. I found the book very easy to read and it held my attention. This is no easy feat for a book on economics!
However I am left feeling that my taste has been wetted and I need to know more in order to fully understand the subject. The book has done well to stimulate my interest to the extent that it did, but did not provide enough detail to satisfy me.
If you just want a top level, interesting introduction to economics and how it effects Joe Bloggs you won't regret buying this book.