Profile for laramax > Reviews

Content by laramax

laramax "laramax" (Suffolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned but good, 8 Nov. 2013
I used this many years ago on a dog that was itching and thought of it again when my latest dog was scratching. When I buy something like this to use on one of my pets I like to test it on myself first and, as I had an area of red and inflamed skin, I tried it on there first. It stopped the itching almost immediately and the area started to heal within a couple of days. I bought a cheap 'puffer' to make application easier and I find this a useful remedy.

Tailpieces
Tailpieces

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite author, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Tailpieces (Kindle Edition)
Deric Longden is one of my favourite authors with his easy humour. This is mainly a collection of clips from some of his previous works but nonetheless I enjoyed revisiting them. So sorry to hear of his illness.

Avery T-shirt Transfer - Light C9405-5
Avery T-shirt Transfer - Light C9405-5

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy personalisation, 27 July 2013
I wanted a way to easily personalise t-shirts for when I am out doing agility with my dog. These are the perfect solution, easy to use and stand up to gentle washing very well. Was so impressed even ended up doing shopping bags as well!

Amdai Basics Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
Amdai Basics Digital LCD Food Thermometer Cooking Probe
Offered by Amdai Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and easy to use, 27 July 2013
A great meat thermometer ideal for the barbecue season or anytime you want to check if meat is fully cooked through. Handy in the kitchen/

Anti-theft Tyre Pressure Monitor - Indicator Valve Caps with Lock Nuts and Spanner - 30 psi - 2.0 bar - silver

3.0 out of 5 stars Check tyre pressures easily, 27 July 2013
I do like these little valve caps and these were cheap enough however within a few weeks of fitting them one of the tyres lost pressure for no apparent reason. I had it checked and the tyre place and they could find nothing wrong with them so I can only assume that the cap had failed and was allowing air out.

Sprats, dried fish, for dogs, 200 g
Sprats, dried fish, for dogs, 200 g
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty treats, 27 July 2013
My little dog absolutely loves these and they make handy treats to take to training. They are easy to break into sections too so that I don't have to give him a whole fish. I much prefer natural treats like these when we are training.

46 Black Paw Stickers - Car Sticker Set
46 Black Paw Stickers - Car Sticker Set
Offered by CiarasCoolGraphics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to decorate, 27 July 2013
I had been making my own agility soft tunnel and wanted something to decorate the entrance. These stickers filled the bill perfectly and were easy to apply and have good adhesion.

Draper 65473 75 mm Swivel Plate Fixing Rubber Castor (70 kg Safe Working Load)
Draper 65473 75 mm Swivel Plate Fixing Rubber Castor (70 kg Safe Working Load)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and smooth, 27 July 2013
Great castor, sturdy and runs smoothly. Ideal for the job I needed it for as it rolls easily across my lawn.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't use this, 21 Jun. 2013
I have already asked Amazon to take this off sale but it is still here. It is dangerous to try to chip an animal if you haven't been properly trained and also you are likely to be unable to register the chip on any of the recognised databases. Please don't waste your money buying it. If you want your pet chipped speak to one of the animal charities who often do free chipping or low cost chipping.

Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Gtech AirRam Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Stationeryhut

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not quite as good as they claim, 20 Mar. 2013
I have now had my AirRam for over a month so I think I can write a reasonable review of it. I bought it having read all their adverts saying it was the best vacuum cleaner ever and I really wanted something effective as I have three hairy cats and two hairy dogs so I did know that whatever I bought would face something of a challenge!

It is indeed very light and easy to use, it can also go very low making it simple to get under chairs etc as I whizz round with it cleaning. It took about four hours to charge initially and I find a full charge lasts me almost a week using it each day to do the main areas of the house. It is so easy to use that I do tend to use it daily as it takes minutes to use it and it does a pretty good job of picking up many of the 'bits' that seem to appear from time to time. I also love that it switches from hard floors to carpets without any adjustment and the brushes are excellent for picking up small bits of dried mud that get walked in when the weather is bad. I don't find it as noisy as my Dyson which means the cats tolerate its use rather better another plus point in its favour in this house.

On the downside with three cats and two dogs I do find that I need/want to empty it each time I use it and have never actually followed the maxim of only emptying it when it stops picking up. Similarly the filters seem to get very dusty very quickly and rather than washing them once a month (as suggested)I find I have done them twice already as they were very dusty. The advice is to tap them when you empty the cleaner and I do that (over the dustbin outside as it makes a LOT of dust) but even so they do seem to pick up a lot of dust probably because of the weather at the moment as the dogs walk in quite a but of dirt on their feet. Sometimes on the hard floor I find it is depositing the dust back on to the floor which is a bit annoying. The brushes do get full of cat hair and again I need to pull that off probably once each week. Cleaning and maintenance is easy enough but a bit of a chore compared to the Dyson.

Overall I do like the AirRam and plan to keep it but to be honest I don't think it is the best cleaner ever for my situation. Admittedly it does have to work hard because of the pets so for a home without them it would be just fine. I do miss the fact that it has no tools available as that limits the tasks it can do. I love it lightness and ease of use which are huge plus points as far as I am concerned but I do find myself getting out the Dyson once each week to give the carpets a thorough clean and reach the inaccessible places.

So in summary I love it but I am not convinced it is the best cleaner ever, it is good but not quite that good in my opinion!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8