Profile for laramax > Reviews

Content by laramax

laramax "laramax" (Suffolk, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
3 x Plantopia Easy Fill Wall Mount Hanging Baskets / Planters, Black 20", FREE Express Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for strawberries, 13 April 2014
I don't care for shop bought strawberries these days but do enjoy a few home grown ones in the Summer. Sadly so does my young dog and it is always a challenge to stop her from eating them as they ripen. The bird netting works well for birds but isn't great for dogs as she just sits on it and eats them through the netting! So i decided to put them in planters on the wall. I looked for something suitable and spotted these. They are fantastic, very easy to plant up and they look smart on the wall. Each planter takes five plants around the sides and I have put three in the top - so 8 plants in each planter should give me a reasonable crop this year. I am looking forward to enjoying them with cream in a few weeks time!

Sony Xperia Tablet S 9.4 inch LCD Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra 3 1.3GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Wi-Fi, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor show Sony, 14 Jan 2014
I was looking for a reasonably priced tablet and this one appeared to fit the bill. It is neat and lightweight and fairly powerful. I was looking for something to use for taking video and this is ideal as it has a good sized screen. Paired with a leather cover it has been fairly robust in use and takes good quality video. However after less than three months use the plastic connector on the mains lead split apart along the joint! I wasn't too worried at first as I thought it would be simple enough just to replace the lead. Sadly it wasn't - Sony in their infinite wisdom have decided to use a non-standard connector so you can't actually buy replacements anywhere!

Not only that but even if you go to the Sony site you won't find them listed under accessories - you have to contact them only to be told that replacement of the short USB lead which connects the adapter to the tablet costs nearly 35! Of course I would have hoped that considering it broke within less than 3 months it would be covered under the Sony warranty. Sadly Sony have refused to replace under the warranty (makes you wonder what they think a warranty is meant to cover?) although I believe it is a manufacturing fault.

Luckily for me Technoworld were extremely helpful and have replaced the lead for me so my conclusion is that I will never again by a Sony product because they have non standard connectors on their products and don't honour their warranties (hence the low rating) but I would highly recommend Technoworld as they are an excellent and honourable company.

Pet Munchies Liver 100 g (Pack of 8)
Pet Munchies Liver 100 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 21.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great training treats, 8 Jan 2014
I have two little dogs that I do agility with which means we get through a lot of treats. I like to ring the changes for them and I don't want anything which is fattening so these looked ideal as they are just simply dry roasted liver. (I know I can do my own but I don't care much for the smell whilst it is cooking.)

These treats are great because whilst they are large thin strips they break very easily into smaller pieces so it is easy to have a small tasty treat just the right size for any dogs. They are also dry so shouldn't make too much mess in my pocket at training class. My dogs love them which means they are exactly what I need to get an enthusiastic response.

I think we will try a few different flavours as well now.

1.0 out of 5 stars These are awful, 15 Dec 2013
Why on earth would anyone buy something like this that will inflict pain and injury on a dog. It is just barbaric and should never, ever be used. Dogs need proper, positive training, collars like this are totally unnecessary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful product, 15 Dec 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful product, 15 Dec 2013
These collars are simply barbaric. They are painful to the dog and it is far better to train any dog by positive training. It took me only a week to train my dog not to pull by using proper positive training. If you don't know how to do it then find a positive trainer near where you live or buy a book called 'my dog pulls' and read that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly awful, 15 Dec 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Barbaric, 15 Dec 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 15 Dec 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful item, 15 Dec 2013
Absolutely the wrong way to get a dog to walk on a lead. These are barbaric and cruel and for anyone who says they don't hurt - you should try one round your neck! The basic principle behind them is they DO hurt. But in truth you will get a better, longer lasting result by training your dog properly, with kindness to walk beside you rather than using an instrument of torture.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7