Profile for katie > Reviews

Be Beautiful, Be You
Be Beautiful, Be You
by Lizzie Velasquez

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Be Beautiful, Be You (Paperback)
Amazing book. Recommended read for anyone who suffers from low self-esteem or just feels a bit lost. Inspiring, uplifting and gives hope to the reader.

Pukka Dyslexia Pad A4 80gsm Ruled With Margin 100 Pages 50 Sheets - Color: Green
Offered by iansyst

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyslexia, 20 May 2013
This pad is amazing, it has made a huge difference to my spelling and makes writing so much more of a pleasurable expirence.

A Way To See In The Dark
A Way To See In The Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars soleful, 2 Feb 2013
i would highly recommend this album, its full of really soleful music, with a clear message and word of god shining though. the lirics to these songs have got be though many dark times in my life, they have the potential to have the same effect on yours.

Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser
Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 2 Feb 2013
Bought it for my parents for chrsiatmas, easy to use and they no longer buy bread from the super markit, reported no problems so far

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
I found the book slightly boring, although it is very true to life, I just found it to slow and wondered when the story would begin.

Reaching the Child with Autism through Art: Practical and Fun Activities to Do
Reaching the Child with Autism through Art: Practical and Fun Activities to Do
by Toni Flowers

3.0 out of 5 stars useful, 24 May 2011
There are some interesting ideas in the book, but with no pichures I find it not overly inspiring. But it is broken down into easy to find sections, eg: painting, college ect

Creative Therapy For Children With Autism, Add And Aspergers: Using Artistic Creativity to Reach, Teach, and Touch Our Children
by Janet Tubbs

4.0 out of 5 stars mixture, 28 April 2011
I got this book to help me during a work placment in a school with genrally non-verbal autistic children, I've already learnt so much and i haven't even read all of it yet! It is set out a bit like a text book which can be a little off putting but it doesn't read like a text book, it's much more 'down to earth' than that. The information in chapter two and the acivitys at the end of the book are very interesting, there is an alful lot of infomation in this book the first half of the book although interesting has nothing to do with creative thrapys and is all about what Autism is, although interesting, for me this was unnessary infomation as I to have already read so many books on Autism. The advice I feel is more geared towards non-verbal Autistic however it also talks alot about ADD and Aspergers. I'de recomend it to any parent with a child with any of the relivent disorders and also to people who have a change to work closely with such children.

Golla Zoom G863 SLR Camera Bag/Case 2010 Range (Medium) - Purple
Golla Zoom G863 SLR Camera Bag/Case 2010 Range (Medium) - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 21 April 2011
I use it as a hand bag that also carrys and protects my Panasonic G1 SLR camra. It is really pritty and has a good amaout of room. I usally split the bag in two using the devider given, one side will hold my camra the other, a water pottle, phone, i-pod and purse. however if i what to carry my extra lenses there isn't much spare room for anything else. the single velcoro strap and the magnetic flap allow for esay quike acsess. I love this bag very good, perfect for what i require.

Art Therapy with Children on the Autistic Spectrum: Beyond Words
Art Therapy with Children on the Autistic Spectrum: Beyond Words
by Janek Dubowski

5.0 out of 5 stars imformative, 14 April 2011
i found the book really helpful in helping me prepare for a work placement with autistic children. it gives a lot of good exsamples.

Managing Dyslexia at University: A Resource for Students, Academic and Support Staff (David Fulton Books)
by Claire Jamieson

5.0 out of 5 stars really helpfull, 12 Feb 2011
this book is particually good for any body how is thinking of going to universoty and how has a diagnoise for dyslexia, it is also good for people who are already at universtity and it gives good advice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3