Profile for Neil > Reviews

Content by Neil

Neil "Neil" (St Albans, England)

Page: 1 | 2
New In-ear Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Sport Stereo Earphones, Sweat-proof and Rainproof Headsets, Support 4 Languages, Voice Prompt Compatible with Iphone, SAMSUNG, HTC, LG and Other Smartphones(black)
Offered by rebirthday

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality headphones, good sound and very easy to set up., 2 Feb. 2016
Great quality headphones, seem really well made and comes with different size ear adaptors.
The sound quality is pretty good. They don't have the bass of my wired Sennheiser headphones, which cost more than twice as much, but they're much easier to manage and won't get all tangled up when I pull them from my pocket.
Bluetooth setup was really easy. My Samsung S6 found them immediately and music was playing within a minute of taking them out of the box. The track control works too, so it's easy to pause the music by just tapping a button on the headphones. I've only had them for a day, I'll update this later if I have any further comments to add... I'll be running with them tonight!
I did get these at a reduced price on the promise of doing an honest review. (My reference to pricing above applies to the full price of the headphones!).

Bailey Hats Lord Herringbone Flat Cap - Brown Brown MEDIUM
Bailey Hats Lord Herringbone Flat Cap - Brown Brown MEDIUM
Offered by Hats and Caps

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 2 Feb. 2016
Great quality, I love it. Though my kids do tease me for wearing it!

Duronic TVB1120 Cantilever 13" 15" 17" 19" 20" 22" 24" 30" (VESA 50,75,100) LCD Monitor TV Arm Bracket Wall Mount with Swivel and Tilt
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars My concerns were totally unfounded!, 30 Dec. 2015
I did wonder what this would be like, considering the low price. But this is of excellent quality, much better than I expected and included all the screws (in various sizes for various TV fittings) and rawl plugs. TV extends, twists and turns just as it's meant to. I now have a very happy son, but he'll learn soon enough that there isn't much to watch on the TV anyway!

Marantz SR7009 Networked Home Cinema Receiver (Silver)
Marantz SR7009 Networked Home Cinema Receiver (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best storm yet!, 10 Sept. 2015
My previous (Yamaha) amp blew after a nearby lightning storm, which is apparently a common generic HDMI issue. But, despite it costing me a few quid, the storm was the best thing that happened to my home cinema! I've had this Marantz amp for over a month and love everything about it.

I won't go into a review of the sound (others can do that a lot better than me!) but I also got myself some Atmos speakers, creating a 7.1.2 setup and I still get a thrill every time I switch the thing on! No regrets at all.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Meat Thermometer
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Meat Thermometer

1.0 out of 5 stars Showered our chicken with glass, 31 May 2015
Although it was 3 years old, it has just literally exploded in the oven and showered our roasting chicken with glass. I do like a crispy chicken skin, but this is a step too far. Not very happy about this, to say the least.

Oven was at 180 degrees and thermometer wasn't from the fridge, just from the kitchen drawer.

Auraglow MR16, MR11, G4 LED Light Bulb Driver Transformer, 12w
Auraglow MR16, MR11, G4 LED Light Bulb Driver Transformer, 12w
Offered by lowenergysupermarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite difficult to get excited by a transformer, but ..., 18 Jan. 2015
Quite difficult to get excited by a transformer, but it definitely works and it arrived on time. Not a lot more to add!

Sony PlayStation TV
Sony PlayStation TV

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation TV (Accessory)
Don't know why, but I was expecting a little more from this. It's basically a PS Vita without a screen. I have a 1Gbp/s wired network around the house and, while you can play a PS4 game, you can tell that the video is compressed and a lag is definitively noticeable. It also just manages 720p and 1080i, so resolution suffers too. Ordered on a whim but I was expecting direct access to Netflix etc Perhaps I'll find a use for it, though I get the feeling it may start gathering dust fairly quickly!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2014 8:28 PM GMT

Samsung SM-R380 Galaxy Gear 2 UK Smart Watch - Titanium Grey (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not without its faults, but I like it!, 19 Jun. 2014
I've waited about a month before giving this review, just to make sure I get it right!

I'll sum it up by saying, "Actually, it's not that bad". It is big and a bit clunky and I do feel geeky wearing it (but I'm used to being ridiculed for my love of tech!), but once you've accepted it, it becomes the norm. There's plenty of features which I won't go through here, but they all work and the watch is very reliable. Only once has it lost connection with my S5 phone and I've had to reboot it. The main gripe is that if you glance at the watch just to see the time, the screen will be off. To get it switch on you sometimes have make an elaborate sweep of the arm and twist of the wrist, or press the button. Both of which can become a chore. The bluetooth range is incredible, I live in a 4 bedroom house and with the phone downstairs in the kitchen, my watch stays connected all around the house. And I've found the "talking to the watch for calls" thing quite handy when driving....I don't think there's a law against that yet!

Once the novelty has died down, and you're just using the watch to glance at emails and alerts, battery life is a good couple of days. However, the first few days of really heavy use made the battery only last 8 hours...which is still quite impressive as I barely put the watch down.

If you're into gadgets and have the money, then I'd recommend it. Priced against a reasonable Seiko it's not too expensive...which is how I justified it!

BlackBerry Leather Pocket for Bold 9900 - Black
BlackBerry Leather Pocket for Bold 9900 - Black
Offered by MarkdownElectricals

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 Dec. 2013
I admit I wondered if I'd be getting the genuine article. However, as soon as I saw the box I could tell there wouldn't be a problem. This is just the same as I would have bought in a major department store. The case fits perfectly and locks the phone when it's inside. As good as, if not better than, the case that came with the phone originally.

Crystal Acoustics Appstreamer-UK Media Streaming Player, GBit Ethernet, Web Radio, Web TV, Bit Torrent Client, YouTube and many more

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays everything perfectly, 12 Dec. 2012
I've spent the last few months trying to find something that would play my 1080p mkv files without stuttering. This has included powerful PC's and mini macs running vlc and a whole host of other programmes. Some got close, but there would always be that odd frame missed...which got really annoying!
So, in a last ditch attempt I ordered one of these, fully expecting to return it. But it works perfectly! Nothing stutters and all my files just play, with DTS sound too. I used to use my PS3 (and realtime transcode) but now I play the files straight from my NAS. It's much quieter than the ps3 too.

The only downside I've found is that it looks a bit underwhelming! All plastic and so light that even the hdmi lead will pull it off the shelf, so needs to be weighed down.

Page: 1 | 2