Profile for Delta Whiskey > Reviews

Content by Delta Whiskey

Delta Whiskey "D.W." (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life
Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life

3.0 out of 5 stars The American View, 7 Dec. 2011
This book is not an introduction to the Paleo lifestyle, it refers you elsewhere for that information. If you are already on a Paleo diet, and you need some help to arrange your life this could be useful. Be aware though that it is an American book, so quite naturally all the links refer to American products, websites and foodstuffs.

Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black
Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of room and a nice long strap, 16 April 2011
I was fed up with my camera bag slipping off my shoulder as I walked, so I was pleased to find this bag. The strap is 59 inches/150cm when it's fully extended which should be enough for even the most broad shouldered person. There's enough room inside for my Nikon D90 with 18-105mm lens attached and a 70-300mm zoom along with a flash gun. The zipped pocket is big enough for various filters and SD cards. Having the strap over my shoulder evens out the weight of the bag making it comfortable to wear.
Comment Comment | Permalink

James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel
James Martin Mini Grinder ZX595 150 Watt, Stainless Steel

2.0 out of 5 stars It's OK., 4 April 2011
I've had this for a year now and it's showing signs of wear. The plastic dome is flimsy and has cracked with use along the thread making it difficult to lock down, this is a problem as the fail-safe kicks in stopping the unit from working. Also the way the cable exits the unit is a source of annoyance as it's just a cut out on the base, this means the cable constantly slips out when you're trying to use it. For the price I suppose it's OK, but I can't recommend it.

Command Picture Hanging Strips Value Pack
Command Picture Hanging Strips Value Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't believe they'd work, but they do!, 21 Mar. 2011
I have two card and perspex display boxes that I wanted to put on the wall, they weigh 1.5Kg each and have plain backs. I was dubious about the claims for 3M Command, but after watching a video demonstration on YouTube I thought I'd give them a try. I used two of the medium strips on each of the boxes and so far they're still on the wall (see photo).
Comment Comment | Permalink

PC Magazine
PC Magazine

4.0 out of 5 stars US not UK, 29 Aug. 2010
This review is from: PC Magazine (Kindle Edition)
It's important to note first off that PC Magazine is an American publication, so obviously a lot of its content is not relevant to UK readers. That aside it is a good source of information and its writers seem to know what they are talking about. I was dubious about how it would look on an e-book reader, but it reads well on the Kindle 3.

A Village Lost and Found: "Scenes in Our Village" by T. R. Williams. An Annotated Tour of the 1850s Series of Stereo Photographs
by Brian May

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a suburb book, a joy to read, 19 Nov. 2009
Sadly I don't have stereoscopic vision, so I can't see these images in 3D.
It didn't matter, the lack of 3D in no way affected my enjoyment of this book.
One of the images on the card is reproduced full page size on the left-hand side,
with the whole card printed life size on the opposite page along with an insightful description.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2010 11:02 AM BST

Behringer UCG102 USB Guitar Link
Behringer UCG102 USB Guitar Link

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little input device, 23 Feb. 2008
I'm not sure why the first two reviewers are having problems. It could be that they don't have the ASIO drivers properly installed or else they haven't 'told' the Kristal recording studio/Guitar Combo software about the ASIO drivers. Without the drivers you will get very long latency. I have the software installed on a five year old computer with on-board sound and it works perfectly.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars You can even sleep with them in., 10 Nov. 2007
I suffer with noisy neighbours in the flat above (they've taken the carpet up and walk like elephants on bare floorboards). These earphones are so small that they don't protrude out of the ear allowing you to sleep with them in, the cord is long enough to allow for movement during the night. I wouldn't be without them now.

Apples
Apples

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another classic album from June Tabor, 12 April 2007
This review is from: Apples (Audio CD)
June Tabor is one of the few artists I will buy unheard, her voice gets better and better as time goes on. This new CD is the latest in a long line of classic albums stretching back over thirty years. Quality material, quality musicians and THAT voice. Buy it now!

English Folk - Scarborough Fair
English Folk - Scarborough Fair
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars Should be subtitled 'The Early Years', 4 Oct. 2006
Nothing wrong with the material on this box set, but don't be mislead into thinking it has anything to do with folk music in the 21st Century. I think most of the material is from the middle 1960's - middle 1970's.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2014 3:12 PM BST