Profile for Delta Whiskey > Reviews

Content by Delta Whiskey

Delta Whiskey "D.W." (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
Plugable USB 3.0 SuperSpeed SATA III Lay-Flat Hard Drive Docking Station (ASMedia ASM1053E SATA III to USB Chipset, UASP and 6TB+ Drive Support) UK and EU Mains
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Life in the fast (USB 3.0) lane., 4 Oct 2014
More stylish than the 'stand up' type cradles.
Installed without drivers on Win 8.1, the USB 3 interface is much faster than the old USB 2 cradle I had previously.

Akasa Vortexx Neo AK-VC03-BLUV VGA cooler
Akasa Vortexx Neo AK-VC03-BLUV VGA cooler
Offered by BitsAndBobs4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Relacement graphics card cooler., 2 Oct 2014
A well designed replacement fan for my 9600 GT graphics card. It was very easy to install and the fan is quiet even when playing a game. This cooler has an external port so the heat escapes through that keeping the inside of the case much cooler. If you have a window in your case you can see the blue LED which illuminates the fan.

Vagabond
Vagabond

5.0 out of 5 stars What a voice!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Vagabond (Audio CD)
Another excellent selection of songs from the rather wonderful Eddi Reader. I've never been disappointed by any of her CD's Buy it now!

Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC, comes with Airspace)
Leap Motion Controller (Interacts with your Mac or PC, comes with Airspace)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Tech, but..., 24 Feb 2014
A very interesting device, but limited in use. I was hoping to intergrate it into Windows 8, but the current third party software for the Leap is rather clunky and won't run at Windows startup. A great first attempt which can only get better.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2014 7:11 PM GMT

Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life forever, 14 Nov 2013
The title of this review is a strong claim but it is true.

After reading this book I looked around for low carb diets, found Atkins and bought the 2003 book (the last one Dr Atkins wrote himself).
I looked online for support and found an unofficial Atkins board at [...]

If you go there you will see my photographs - [...]

I have lost 183 lbs (13 stone 1lb) since March 2011 and maintained that loss for over six months so far.

iPad Air Case - The Original Black & Tan Leather Smart Case for iPad Air 2013 (5th Generation)
Offered by Purplemoose007

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Air Case, 13 Nov 2013
I bought this case for my new iPad Air. The case fits perfectly, much better than the Griffin case I had for the iPad 3, which cost twice as much. The case came with a free screen protector and cleaning cloth, excellent value.

I've used this case for week now and I'm really happy with it, it looks and feels far more expensive than it was.

Nikon Coolpix L25 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by CyclopsDigital

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little camera, 24 Jan 2013
I've had this camera a few days now and so far I'm impressed. It's nice and compact and fits in the pocket very easily. The screen is very clear and the menu layout is clean and easy to use.
The resulting images look good (see above) as is the video. For the price this camera is a steal.

Here's a link to my YouTube page with a short video clip from the L25 - youtu.be/YQH07hOcwWY
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mixed Wines of the World Gift Pack 18.7cl (Case of 6)
Mixed Wines of the World Gift Pack 18.7cl (Case of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars I Feel Deceived, 7 Dec 2012
Like the other reviewers I was under the impression these were full size bottles. I have just received the package and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Now to arrange to send them back.

Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life
Easy Paleo: 21 Practical Ways to Simplify Your Paleo Life

3.0 out of 5 stars The American View, 7 Dec 2011
This book is not an introduction to the Paleo lifestyle, it refers you elsewhere for that information. If you are already on a Paleo diet, and you need some help to arrange your life this could be useful. Be aware though that it is an American book, so quite naturally all the links refer to American products, websites and foodstuffs.

Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black
Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of room and a nice long strap, 16 April 2011
I was fed up with my camera bag slipping off my shoulder as I walked, so I was pleased to find this bag. The strap is 59 inches/150cm when it's fully extended which should be enough for even the most broad shouldered person. There's enough room inside for my Nikon D90 with 18-105mm lens attached and a 70-300mm zoom along with a flash gun. The zipped pocket is big enough for various filters and SD cards. Having the strap over my shoulder evens out the weight of the bag making it comfortable to wear.
Comment Comment | Permalink