Profile for Lesley Warner > Reviews

Content by Lesley Warner

Lesley Warner (Yorkshire)

The Cookbook for Children with Special Needs: Learning a Life Skill with Fun, Tasty, Healthy Recipes
by Deborah French

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is just perfect for ANY child, 21 Sept. 2015
How often do we read a book that covers so many different needs and angles? This beautifully and carefully written cookery book IS aimed for children with special needs and I have discovered that it is absolutely "just right" for ANY child. I have moved through the first few stages with my two grandchildren and to their delight, the cooking is simple and easy yet tests their skills and keeps them interested and keen.
Now when they come to see me, their first question is "what are we making today, Granny" from our 4 year old and "baking now Manny" from the 20 month old.
I feel delighted and grateful to the author for helping me build a bond with the children - really inspiring - do keep up the good work and thank you.

I Am Pilgrim
I Am Pilgrim

5.0 out of 5 stars My only mistake...., 5 Dec. 2014
This review is from: I Am Pilgrim (Kindle Edition)
My only mistake was ordering this on my Kindle...it was one of the best book s I have read for years and I literally could not put it down. I kept looking to see how much more I had "left" and could not imagine how the writer, Terry Hayes, could extend the story without stretching it out! My mistake? - Now I have to buy it in paperback for my husband, who won't touchthe Kindle. Great descriptions, all angles revealed - highly entertaining.

Searching For Schindler
Searching For Schindler
by Thomas Keneally

5.0 out of 5 stars would love this on dvd, 30 Oct. 2008
This book was "Book of the Week" on Radio 4 3rd week in October and I heard part 1 which was fasinating and immediately caught my imagination and curiosity. I then went away and missed all other episodes until I again listened to 1/2 of the last one...I was driving along with tears running down my face - totally touched and moved by the thought of the 'story teller's' pain at the final end. Unfortunately it was not available on "Listen again" so I have come to the site to see if I could get a copy of the DVD, only to learn that this is a newish book, only published in Hardback at the moment (paperback April 09).

Of course I will have to buy it, and as I wait for the post, I do wonder if reading it in book form will touch my heart as piercingly as the spoken word.

I do appreciate the Shindler subject has been written about and filmed - and is not a new subject, however the writer, Thomas Keneally, seems to have come at this at such a different angle.